Sequel: Rescued.
Status: Finito!

Stranded

Girl's Movie Night (Talk)

After Sara got the water hose and rinsed out Alex’s hair, we all decided to calm down and sit around the fire for the time remaining while we waited for the bus to get here.

Jack held my hand in his, playing with the fingers and bouncing his knees. He’s had way to much sugar. Mike and Sara were sitting next to each other on a log we placed by the fire. They seemed pretty content just talking. They were the cutest couple, but I knew how much Sara was confused by it all. Alex, sitting on a separate log, was glaring at them both in between talking to Rian. Zack and Alley were arguing over some video game and whether or not blahblahblah, I couldn’t hear. Vicky and Gabe were laughing at something.

It was a great night. Matt came up to the fire, “Guys, the bus driver is getting impatient, we have to go.” I sighed, leaning on Jack to stand up.

“Can Alley tag along too?” Sara asked, “I’ll feel a little less lonely with her there…” Sara added, pouting at Matt.

“Yeah! She’s pretty great.” Zack backed Sara up.

“We’ll be going with you guys for a week or two, just to let you know.” Gabe put in. Matt looked at all the new additions to the bus, trying to decide whether or not this was going to end in disaster or not.

“Uhh…wow. You’ll have to double up on beds…” He permitted. Sara and Alley high fived, cheering.

After cleaning up the mess, everyone rushed to the bus but Alex, Sara, Jack and I. Mike and Sara were standing a distance away, so we couldn’t hear them. I glanced at Alex, he was almost green it was so obvious.

Mike told Sara something and she laughed, nodding. There were lights as they apparently exchanged cell phone numbers. They shared a long embrace, it was adorable and loving. I almost wished that we hadn’t met All Time Low, just so they could be together for absolutely sure. But then, I wouldn’t have met Jack…Either way it was win-lose for either one of us. I sighed, looking at Jack.

They pulled apart and Mike gave Sara a kiss on the cheek. I heard the bus door slam and looked to my side, Alex was gone. I couldn’t keep the smile from my face. Sara and Mike hugged one more time before Sara said something and started to walk away, having already said goodbye to her mom since she had to go to work (We already talked about Alley tagging along with us before she left also).

She wiped her eyes before meeting mine. “Let’s go.” She smiled sadly. I looked behind her, Mike was staring. It was heartbreaking…and I had no idea who I was rooting for anymore. I just wanted Sara to be happy. Life is so confusing sometimes.

I looked at Jack again, sad for my best friend. “It’ll work out somehow, Kay-Kay.” He patted my head and we walked to the bus. I found Sara in the bunk, tears leaking from her eyes. She was crying, this was bad.

“Vicky, Alley! We’re having a girl’s night!” I yelled out and gathered the various movies Sara had packed away. I also got some chocolate leftover from our bonfire.

We gathered in the back of the bus and I started the chickiest chick flick Sara had, Taking 5. She doesn’t really do chick flicks, if you haven’t noticed. “Alright, Sara…spill.” I told her as she sat there.

“I don’t know, Kay…I mean…I’ve told you.” She had stopped crying by now, but her eyes were still sad.

“What’s going on?” Vicky T. asked, having no clue what the situation was.

“Sara likes Alex, but she still has feelings for Mike, who has feelings for her. She’s a little confused.” Alley elaborated.

“Mike is totally sweet, funny, nice, and just all around great and I know where I stand with him….while with Alex, he makes me be someone I’d always wanted to be, but never could…I mean, he makes me a little more like…well, like Makahla. But he also makes me revert back to my old ways, which I don’t like...” Sara laughed a little. “And meeting up with Mike again…and I’ve just…I DON’T KNOW!” She groaned, falling back on the couch. “I mean, I miss Mike so much and he makes me happy. I’m not sure about Alex…”

Vicky frowned. “Well…Alex looked pretty jealous while you were hanging out with Mike…and I think he really does like you.”

“People need to stop saying that!” She growled, smashing a pillow over her face.

“Did you see the way every time she was giving her full attention to Mike, he’d butt in one way or another?” Alley asked. I smiled, Sara was so funny while she was confused about this stuff, though this was actually the first time I’d seen it.

She was rolling from side to side on the couch, pillow still over her face and she was screaming a little. Vicky smiled, patting her lightly on the stomach and we all settled down to watch the movie.

..

Kidnap my heart, take me with you,
Kidnap my heart, make my dreams come true.
Take me away ‘cause falling in love ain’t very far.
Not far from the start, kidnap my heart.


Sara was singing it the next morning while slicing an apple to eat it. “Morning sunshine!” She sang.

“You seem in a better mood.” I scratched my head. We seemed to be the only ones up. “Curiouser and curiouser.” I muttered, looking around, this never happens. “Is everyone still asleep?” I asked.

“Sugar comas.” Sara shrugged. Of course…Sara and I had become immune to the effects of sugar. I got the box of cereal from where Sara had placed it on the counter and made my own bowl. We sat in silence while eating our breakfast.

I got out my iPod and Sara and I decided to dance and sing along with the music. Coincidentally, ‘Head on Collision’ by New Found Glory started playing first.

“I’M AT AN ALL TIME LOW!” Sara and I shouted loudly, making the bus driver laugh at us. He was a chill guy, so we didn’t mind. “Slightly bruise and broken from our head on collision I’ve never seen this side of you another tragic case of feeling—“

Jack was suddenly there, dancing with us and we all sang it together. I guess Jack’s sugar reservoir was still full. Or he’s just naturally hyper. It’s probably a combination of both. I laughed at my thoughts. I gave Jack a kiss and we danced more. “Morning hun.” I greeted as the iPod changed songs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally! Makahla's point of view is BACK!
It was so weird writing about my own thoughts and whatnot...
Anyways, this story should be >sort of< picking up from here on out...
Just to let you know...hahaha