Sequel: Rescued.
Status: Finito!

Stranded

Back 'Home'

I woke up to a door shutting and in walked Sara with frosty cheeks from the morning cold and she was in her pajamas. “Were you out all night?” I asked, worried.

“No, I'm not stupid.” She said distractedly even though there was nothing there to distract her. “I just went on an early morning walk and I had to get my bag from the bus.”

“Early morning?”

“Didn't sleep.” She said shortly, grabbing some clothes she had in her bag and closed herself into the bathroom, the shower turning on five minutes later. I looked at the clock, two hours until we had to leave for our plane.

I woke up Jack a couple minutes later. “Get up, sleepyhead. After Sara is out of the shower, I want some breakfast at IHOP or something.” I shook him as he rolled over to go back to sleep. “Quick, Alex might wake up and ruin our getaway.”

“Naw, he was probably up all night with Lisa, if you know what I mean.” Jack laughed, but got up anyway.

“Jack!” I smacked him once for Sara and once for the dirty things he put in my mind.

Sara stepped out of the shower some twenty minutes later, her eyes were a little dark since she hadn't slept. She had on black skinnies and a yellow Godzilla shirt with a white tank top peaking out under the hem. Even after it all, she looked weirdly resolved. She sat on the bed, combing her hands through her wet and tangled hair.

“Here, love.” I handed her the orange brush she brought and she took it. “You okay?”

Sara looked up with a kind of distant look on her face, she shook it off. “Yeah, just tired I guess. Didn't sleep, you know, I'm saving it for the plane.” She laughed, definitely lying about it being for while we travel. Jack and I exchanged glances.

“Alright, hon.” I shrugged.

“I can't wait to see Kaitie again...” She tried to make conversation normally. I nodded as she opened up a can of Dr. Pepper. Normally, she waited until at least noon to pop open a soda. It was six in the morning...

….

“I'll call or skype or something when we get to Kaitie's, alright?” I told Jack, hugging him as Sara moved quickly through security. I didn't want to leave!

“You better.” He gave me one last squeeze before letting me go. “Bye, babe.”

“See you later.” I kissed him shortly.

The plane ride when without a hitch as Sara slept (the only way she could stand flying) and by the times we landed in Columbus, it was lunchtime and I was hungry.

“Makahla! Sara!” Kaitie yelled as she stood up to meet us. I ran to her full force while Sara lagged behind. After a quick lunch at Bob Evans and a stop at Blockbuster, we were at Kaitie's house.

“Hey, Jason.” I waved, liking how they immediately started cuddling on the couch as soon as Kaitie put the movie in. It also made me miss Jack even though it hadn't even been a day. I quickly sent him a text to get on Skype. While the movie played in the background, I talked with Jack. We talked about about random things that just popped into our minds. It was us, so we were practically on the floor laughing. Not too loud though, considering the movie and my best friends.

“So...” I breathed after we calmed down enough. “What did Alex say about is leaving?” I finished, waiting for his answer. He put on a serious face.

“He was practically heartbroken.” He whispered, Alex must be somewhere in the vicinity, “It probably would have been worse if Lisa had not have been here. But he bot a little mad when he found out I used his card to buy the tickets.” Jack flashed me a Cheshire cat grin, “He almost went purple!” Jack giggles. Yeah...giggle. Not surprising....sadly.

Jason walked by to the bathroom, “Hi, Jason!” Jack yelled, waving.

“Oh, hi, Jack.” Jason smiled.

“You can't say that on a plane.” Jack told him in all seriousness. Jason rolled his eyes smiling and continuing on his way.

“Jack, careful around him, he as the power to put you in a loony bin.” I joked, only half-serious.

“Hello?” Kaitie's voice cut through the previews and Jack's story. “Baby? Are you sure you don't have the wrong numb--” Kaitie was cut off by the voice on the other end. “You and Jason had a date?”

My jaw hit the floor. I turned from Jack to look at her, she was also fuming. “He has, huh? I'll pass on the message...promise.” Kaitie's voice was venomous and laced with poison. That only meant one thing...

Jason walked from the bathroom, his hands were shiny with water. Kaitie got up to smack a hand across his face. Hard. I heard Jack wince.

“Tell me, doctor, what's the one thing you're not supposed to do with your patients?” Her voice was boiling over with rage. I can't blame her either. “Get out.” She seethed. Jason didn't even try to explain, just turned on his heel and left. What a douchebag. Though, I probably wouldn't want to deal with Kaitie either when she's so lucid.

“Oh. Crap.” I said, turning back to Jack, “I have to go, babe....uhhhh....bye.” I waved. He nodded, still shocked and waved goodbye.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh dang.
Crap's about to fly.

O.o