Sequel: Rescued.
Status: Finito!

Stranded

car-surfing

After everyone finished their breakfast, they all walked outside to get their amps and instruments from the van.

"Makahla can we use you and Sara's cars to get our stuff?" Alex asked looking at the large distance between the bus and the house, "The amps and stuff are really heavy."

"I don't care, but our cars are small..." Makahla answered.

"It'll be okay." Jack answered smiling he pecked her cheek as a thank you. They all ventured out to Sara and Makahla's cars, "When you said small, Makahla dear I thought you meant it was a two door not a two seater!" Jack exclaimed shocked by the tiny size of their cars

"They're a large smart car!" Sara explained proudly, "We help the environment every time we drive!" she sounded like a T.V commercial.

" Wow, Sara that was very tree huggerish of you!" Alex exclaimed, laughing. Sara looked at him with a very serious look

"Do you ever help the environment Mr.Gaskarth? It is because of people like you in your big energy wasting busses, that polar bears are dying off everyday!" she said leaning steadily towards him so she was now very close to his face, as close as someone her height could get any way.

"I-I- uh.. Um.." he stuttered shocked by her slight rant "I'm sorry?" she couldn't help it anymore she burst out laughing "What's so funny?" Alex asked confused

"Your face man!" Zack replayed laughing "You looked like she was going to beat the crap out of you and you're like a foot taller than her."

"She was being very scary! I thought she was gonna rip my head off because I was killing polar bears with our tour bus!"

"Alex, she's just being dramatic, she cares about the environment but not so much that she'd kill something for it." Makahla explained patting his shoulders. "But only because she's a pacifist."

When they got to the bus and unloaded all of the equipment they looked at it then at the cars and back to it.

"How in the heck are we going to fit all of that in those?" Zack asked scratching his head

"Well if you only take the smallest possible amps and the drums and the mic without the stand, and we make 2 trips we might be able to get it..." Sara said looking at the massive pile of crap. They all helped shove everything in the cars, surprisingly it all fit there was just no room for the guys to ride, and there was barley room for the girls to sit to drive.

"Hey my beautiful ladies, " Jack winked at them "Can we roof surf?"

"What?" Sara and Makahla asked confused.

"Where you drive and Jack and I try to stand on the roofs of your cars" Alex explained.

"Are you going to dent our cars or get killed?" Makahla asked giving them the 'if you're lying now is the time to stop before I tackle you'

"No, We shouldn't"

"Fine it's up to Sara then"

"As long as you don't hurt my car or anything,” she sighed, they cheered in delight and anticipation for the coming adventure. The two girls climbed into the driver's seat of their respective cars, the two guys climbed onto the roofs,

"Ready?" Jack asked Alex,

"Yup!" Alex responded "Ready when you beautiful ladies are!" Matt looked at them.

"If you kill yourselves you're going to have a lot of explaining to do to your tour mates and obsessive fans!" he said shaking his head, they rolled their eyes. Makahla and Sara started driving slowly accelerating to top speeds of 15 mph; the guys were wobbling and struggling to keep their balance, but yelling at then to go faster. Sara yelled up to Alex that they were slowing down and stopping so he could brace himself, but Makahla being the meanie she was didn't give Jack the same advantage. Subsequently, he didn't realize the decrease in speed and flew off the top of the car when they came to a stop. He stumbled around and tripped falling into the prairie dog hole he got stuck in the previous day.

"MAKAHLA! SARA! RIAN! HELP!" he shouted from inside the hole

"Wow Jack I knew you were an idiot but I had no clue it was this bad!" Rian said as everyone else laughed, Makahla was laughing so hard she was on the ground. Finally being the good friend Sara was, she helped him out of the trap once again.

A little while later the guys were set up and ready to play for the girls, who were seated on the porch in the comfy chairs that were placed there.

"You beautiful ladies ready?" Alex asked into the mic, (they needed their mics if they were going to be heard over the instruments), Makahla screamed and swooned and jumped all around in an attempt to make fun of fan girls. Sara laughed at her because this was really how she acted in the mosh pits for bands she loved. They started playing Jasey Rae, which as Makahla promptly informed them, was her favorite song.

"Any last requests?" Jack asked winking at Makahla, which made her giggle.

"Yeah, you should play Remembering Sunday!"

"But we don't have anyone to sing the chick part!" Zack commented confused on how they were going to pull it off without a girl.

"Sara can sing it! She has a beautiful voice!"

"No... I Don't think so!" Sara squeaked suddenly.

"Pweese!" Makahla begged using a baby voice and puppy dog eyes.

"NO!" she whined a little bit, she didn't like the spot light on her for any reason especially when guys she liked were involved.

"Will you do it for me?" Alex asked giving her a begging look "I love that song too, and when pretty girls like you sing it with me it makes it even better!" she giggled and finally sighed in defeat

"Fine... But you owe me Makahla!" she said pointing at her friend as she walked over to the "stage area" grabbed Zack's mic, and sat on the amp to wait for her part.

"He woke up from dreaming and put on his shoes,
Started making his way past two in the morning,
He hasn't been sober for days,
Leaning now, into the breeze,
Remembering Sunday he falls to his knees.
They had breakfast together,
But two eggs don't last like the feeling of what he needs.”

Alex sang, Sara mentally swooned, he really did have and amazing voice.

“Now this place is familiar to him,
She pulls on his hand with a devilish grin,
She led him upstairs,
She led him upstairs,
Left him dying to get inside.

Forgive me I’m trying find,
My calling, I’m calling at night.
I don't mean to be a bother,
But have you seen this girl?
She’s been running through my dreams,
And it's driving me crazy it seems,
I’m gonna ask her to marry me.

Even though she doesn't believe in love,
He’s determined to call her bluff,
Who could deny, these butterflies?
They’re filling his gut.
Waking the neighbors,
Unfamiliar faces,
She pleads oh she tries,
but she's only denied,
now he's dying to get inside.

forgive me I’m trying find,
my calling, I’m calling at night.
I don't mean to be a bother,
but have you seen this girl?
she's been running through my dreams,
and it's driving me crazy it seems,
I’m gonna ask her to marry me.

the neighbors said she moved away.
funny how it rained all day.
I didn't think much of it then,
but it's starting to all make sense.
oh I can see now,
that all of these clouds,
are following me in my desperate endeavor,
to find my whoever,
where ever she may be.”

“I'm not coming back,
I’ve done something so terrible,
I’m terrified to speak but you'd expect that from me,
I’m mixed up,
I’ll be blunt,
now the rain is just washing you out of my hair,
and out of my mind.
keeping an eye on the world,
with so many thousands of feet of the ground.
I’m over you now,
like I’m over the clouds,
towering over your head.”

Sara sang completely lost in the beauty and meaning in the song and music, to the point she didn’t know or care who was watching her at that moment all she cared about was singing the song.

“I guess I’ll go home now,
I guess I'll go home now,
I guess I’ll go home now,
I guess I’ll go home.”

Alex finished. When the music stopped Sara looked up at everyone and blushed at all the looks she was getting

“What?” she asked slightly embarrassed.

“That was beautiful!” Jack said astonished, it truly was and amazing duet.

“I told you, you were amazing!” Makahla told Sara with a smirk “And you never believed me!”

“Shut up!” she muttered still embarrassed “I should start dinner, anyone wanna help?” she asked.

“I will!” Rian said tossing his drumsticks up and catching them “Will you guys put my drums away?” the others nodded and started to pack the stuff up.

“So what do you want to eat?” Sara asked when they got inside

“I don’t care as long as its home cooked because on tour we never get good food.” Rian replied Sara laughed a little

“ Tacos?”

“Sounds amazing!” they started getting the stuff out of the cupboards and fridge sitting it all on the counters. Rian was seated at the table cutting stuff up and putting stuff in bowls, while Sara cooked the meat on the stove; they talked as they worked, becoming friends.

“So Sara dear, I was wondering, I see pictures everywhere of Makahla’s parents and your mom and siblings and nieces and nephews but none of your dad, and you got really irritated when he called yesterday and ignored the call. Why is that?” he asked looking around, he noticed her go ridged and she stopped humming random songs, “What’s wrong?” she took a deep breath before answering.

“My dad and I are not on speaking terms, more accurately I refuse to speak with him.” She replied, it was obvious to Rian that this was a sore subject but he just couldn’t drop it, he had to know what happened.

“Did he like, leave your mom or something?”

“I don’t like talking about this but I’ll say one thing, Dad’s are suppose to be their son’s role models and their daughter’s super heroes, my dad caused wa-a-a-ay to much pain to ever have been, or ever attempt to be the super hero, he’s the super villain and not a cool one like the Joker, an evil, annoying, fat, one like the Penguin.” She took a deep breath and smirked a little, “He’s so incredibly fat he sounds like Darth Vader!”

“I bet he’s not as cool though!” Rian remarked Sara laughed.

“Nope not even close!”

“Is one of your nephews named Luke?” they both went into a fit of uncontrollable laughter when Rian did an impression of her dad saying the classic “Luke I am your father” bit.

“What’s so funny?” Alex asked walking in through the door, “You trying to take my girl Dawson?” he asked throwing an arm over Sara’s shoulder

“EWWWWWW” she groaned “You’re getting all your boy germs on me!!!” she yelled rubbing her shoulder on Rian

“But he’s a boy too!” Alex pointed out

“But he’s not icky!” Sara squished her nose up when she said this,

“Fine!” Alex pouted “But I will make you my girl if it’s the last thing I do!!” he vowed, she rolled her eyes and sighed putting all of the food on the table so they could eat. Little did she know how truly serious he was, because a strange thing was occurring inside Alexander William Gaskarth, he was falling in love for the first time to an amazing girl he had only known for two days.