Sequel: Rescued.
Status: Finito!

Stranded

Here Comes the Breakdown

Several hours later of Kaitie crying, Sara fuming about guys and me just trying to calm them both down, we all fell asleep on Kaitie's bed. Even though thins were fine for the time being, I felt a storm brewing. Possibly a very big storm.

It was beginning to be three o'clock in the afternoon when I got on skype again the next day with Jack.”How'd things go last night? With the...you know.” Jack asked.

“Kaitie's miserable and Sara is on another one of her boy hating phases...so...good I guess.” I finished.

“You think that's good?” Jack asked, somewhat concerned for my judgment.

I shrugged one shoulder. “Could be worse, you know.” I said simply. Jack agreed after a little more reasoning.

Suddenly, Avril Lavigne blasted through the house, playing 'Complicated' and then both Sara and Kaitie's voice sang along with the lyrics. “Goodness...they're both on a guy hating phase.” I chuckled to Jack and he laughed with me.

Jack and I again found endless things to talk about, having to speak over Avril and other boy-bashing chick singers and then randomly 'Misery Business' .

Around five, Jason walked in, and at that same time, Sara and Kaitie walked out for something to eat, music now off. “You've got to be kidding me!” Kaitie shouted at him.

“I just need my stuff.” Jason raised his hand signaling surrender.

“Yeah, you can take this back too!” Kaitie took off her diamond engagement ring and threw it at him. She was shouting and I came up to stand by her. “Why? Why did you do it? Was I not enough? And if I wasn't, why did you ask me to marry you? HUH?” I hoped no one called the cops.

“She was going through a hard time. Brittany had just gotten out of an abusive relationship and she just needed someone there for her.” Jason explained futilely. There was no excuse for this.

That's why you are her therapist!”Kaitie lifted the picture of them off the wall and chucked it at him, but he dodged it. Sara stepped up to Jason, having to look up.

“You know what, Jason? I honestly don't think I've ever liked you. At first I marked it up to my unexplained fear of therapist and talk therapy in general. But No. Now I know what it is. You're like my father. You're as arrogant as hell and you don't care how many people you hurt along the way as long as you get what you want. You lie, you steal, you cheat. It's guys like you that make women feel like trash. You make them feel that if they don't put out they're not worth your time. I've got some advice for you buddy.” She fumed. “Get. Over. Yourself.” She poked his chest hard with each word.

Kaitie, on the other hand, had started to gather what I figured to be all of Jason's stuff...and she tossed it out the window. This was a third floor apartment. “Go freaking get your crap, douchebag.” Sara seethed in his face. Jason walked out again, face red from and and embarrassment. I'm surprised there wasn't more of a fight.

“What a nonkeymut! I can't believe he would do something like that!” Sara paced. “He had a stinking girlfriend, so why did he need another one? Why did he act all nice and kind only to toss me aside when she came around? Did he honestly not think it would hurt me? Did he not think that I cared? Who the freak does that?” And suddenly, we weren't just talking about Jason. I looked to the Skype screen again, finding all four members of ATL there. Alex looked a little bit torn.

Good.

I sat down at the computer chair again, facing the duo in full guy-hating mode and out of the way of the quartet also watching. Five minutes of the worst words Sara could think of without actually cursing, her phone rang.

She yanked it out of her pocket, and blinked at the screen. I knew that look. Oh, crap.

“What?” She yelled into the phone. “Yeah, I'm mad. You won't leave me alone. No I'm never busy when you call. I. Hate. You.” She seethed during pauses. “I don't care if you're sorry things didn't work out between you and mom. Marriage sucks, I got that. Why do I hate you? Let's see...you never apologize for the right thing, dad.” I sucked in a sharp breath, ready for the dam to break.

“You abused us all for eleven freaking years, dad! How am I supposed to forgive and forget when all the scars remind me of the pain?” Tears were now in her eyes, and her voice trembled but didn't lose any anger. “I had to rebuild myself up from nothing. I had nothing. I was finally happy after mom kicked you out. You were supposed to be my superhero, dad.” She said miserably, “But I can't even look to you to leave me alone. Never call again.” Sara finished, tears still in her eyes and none on her face. She closed her phone, stared at it for a few seconds and threw it again the wall.

Grabbing a hold of her chest, she bent over and sobbed. She kept whispering, with tears rolling down her face. I looked at the screen angrily, my gaze focusing in on Alex. He now looked shocked, scared, torn, and hurt. All at once. He was staring wide-eyed at Sara until my warning voice made his snap to attention.

“You better come fix this or I will make good on my promise I made when I first caught on you liked her. And I will force feed them to you in a soup.” I glared before turning off the webcam and going to both of my best friend’s aides.
♠ ♠ ♠
Have you ever tried singing along to the Barenaked Ladies song, 'One Week'
It's tough.