Sequel: Rescued.
Status: Finito!

Stranded

Apologize.

-Sara-

Usually, during my free time I draw. But right now I was a big ball of emotions. I couldn't stand still. First, I went on a three hour walk around Columbus. Not the safest or smartest idea, but it helped me think. I even jogged a little. It's always something when I ran. I then went to work on the little garden around the sides of Kaitie's apartment building. Due to almost four straight days on the sun, I was getting sunburned even though I wore SPF 100.

Stupid paleness. It was only my arms since I wore a hat though, so that was good.

After the garden was deweeded and watered, I went to start working in Kaitie's home. It was already pretty clean, but once I started, I did everything. My muscles were sore, sure, but the pain was dulled by the anger that fueled me. Stupid Alex, stupid dad, stupid boys. Stupid Alex. Stupid Alex

I can't believe I let Mike go for him. And now I'm probably going to end up alone and...even though I won't get to have children, it doesn't seem like a bad idea at this point. I could definitely manage.

On the sixth day I had just finished the bathroom and had taken a shower, actually taking the time to blow-dry my hair when Makahla and Kaitie announced they were getting feel good manicures. I opted out, even though my nails were horrid due to the intense labor, but I didn't have the patience or mentality to even sit still at this point. So they left me alone.

I was folding towels (Kaitie had a lot for being the only one living there) in the laundry room which was connected to the kitchen to where I could still see the front door. When I heard the door, I turned around and my simmering blood began to boil.

Alex.

“No! Nononono!” I shouted, chucking towels at him.

“Towels? Seriously?” He challenged, not even bothering to block. I picked up an empty laundry soap bottle and this time, he ducked. The Gain bottle skidded to a loud halt by the trashcan. Alex rushed to me before I could pick up something heavier and slammed my against the folding table, pinning my hands down on the table with his own.

“That's going to brui-” I started, but I noticed how he started to lean in to me, probably for a kiss. I shoved him away before his lip hit mine. He stumbled back a few steps, shocked. “What did you expect? That I'd let you kiss me when you have a beautiful girlfriend. Who, by the way, is much better suited for you than I am.” I waved my hands almost manically.

“How do you you who is suited for me?” He asked, probably a thousand thought running through his head like mine had.

“She'll drink with you, dirty dance with you, look sexy for you, sleep with you. I won't.” I pointed out, counting on my fingers.

“Who says I want that?”

“You did when you started dating her!” I pulled at my hair. “And I get it, really. I just don't understand why I was only treated as entertainment when Lisa was gone even though there are other girls out there who would do anything with you when I wouldn't even hardly let you touch me. Why you decided to play with my heart when I was just content being your friend. Why you decided to shatter it by treating my like a disease ridden leper while Lisa was around. Why you decid--”

“I broke up with Lisa.” Alex interrupted, causing the works to dry up in my throat and the tears momentarily stop flooding my eyes.

“Why?” I choked out.

“Why?” Alex echoed, chuckling sarcastically. “Because I love you, Sara. From the moment our paths crossed by some weird Jack-induced accident. I just didn't know what to do. I was with Lisa, and I loved her, that is...when I thought about her. I know it sounds horrible, and terribly cliché, but when I was around you I forgot I even had a girlfriend. Lisa is incredibly smart, charismatic, beautiful, powerful, and confident, but she would never ever compare to you. I love the way you get so passionate about those cute little polar bears and can stick up for your friends.” Alex began.

“And I love how you have those adorable alternatives for every curse work, I love how you always smile, laugh. I love how dyslexic and utterly insane you can be sometimes. Or, how when you're really sleepy, your Texan accent shows through. And how you talk for inanimate object, how you sing, how you say 'dog. I've never loved someone so completely before and...to tell you the truth...I'm a little scared.”

“How come...how come it took you so long?” I asked, still processing his confession. My heart was beating erratically in my chest as each of his words took hold and made it skip a beat.

“I went back to Maryland and I thought. For three whole days I though. Then when I saw the thing on Skype.” Oh...he saw that? “I knew. I knew that...I loved you way more than I could ever love anyone else. The next morning I went to see Lisa and I told her it wasn't fair to keep stringing her along when I loved someone else. Now...I had loved Lisa dearly for a long time, so I couldn't just rush over here to you...I needed time to think, to get my head straight. Once the fog cleared I flew down with Jack since he was coming anyway and...here I am. Explaining this to you.” Alex finished, shrugging.

I was silent for what seemed like forever. “I just poured my heart out...will you at least say something?” He fidgeted nervously with his purple knit beanie.

I looked around at everyone's faces. Hack even had his iPhone out, recording it all. They were expectant, waiting for me to fall in his arms. “I'm sorry, Alex.” I said sadly. His breath escaped his lungs in a loud 'whooosh' and his face was pure hurt as he assumed the worst. “I'm sorry I confuse you.” I stepped to him with a small smile on my lips. “You confuse me sometimes, too...so I guess we're even.” I stepped even closer to him and put my arms around him, snuggling my face in his chest as he squeezed me tight.

It felt good.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's late...I know...
UGhhhhh
But, it's almost over...
Whether or not that's a good thing, you can decide.
:D

<3 Sara Michelle.