Forever

Five

The movie was pretty scary, or at least for me it was. Like he promised, Skylar held my hand the whole movie. Let me tell you, him holding my hand equals extreme butterflies, he sent tingles down my spine. I can’t even remember the movie, I’m to high off of Skylar, his sent, his features, and his touch. Boy am I heels over head for this kid. The ride home was awkwardly quiet, I didn’t know what to say.

He pulled into my drive way behind my mom’s car and dad’s. “Tell your parents I say hi. See you tomorrow, Nikki.”

“Will do, Sky. Oh an thanks for taking me to the movies and that awful party.” I snickered.

I pushed the car door shut and pranced to the front door. As I opened the front door I turned and waved bye to Skylar till tomorrow. I watched him zip away. As I was pushing the door open I felt it get yanked from the other side. It was my dad, his eyes had this look, as if he was ready to kill.

“Where on earth have you been? Were you out being a skank?” The sent of his breath was very familiar, it was the same sent as Zack’s was. Two drunk guys in one night I have to deal with.

“Daddy, you’re drunk. I think you should go to bed. To answer your question, I was hanging out with Skylar, so you can just calm down.”

“Don’t you talk back to me you no good ungrateful trashy slut.” My jaw fell opened and tears started to fill my eyes and began running down my face.

“Why would you call me that?”

“Shut it!” He lifted his hand and backhanded the same side Zack did.

I fell onto the arm of one of our couches. He grabbed the back of my neck and slammed my head up against the wall. Now tears were pouring from me, I could feel the wet droplets slip down my burning cheeks. I finally snapped back to reality and found myself lying on the tile floor, I cried out. “Mommy!” My voice was muffled from my weeping .

“What have you done?” I felt my mother’s fragile hands holding my face. “Don’t you ever touch my daughter like that. I’ll have you thrown in jail you bastard.” She stood up and pushed him making him stumble backwards.

“Don’t touch me. You have no right to lay a hand on me.”

I heard a loud thud. I lifted my head to see my father pinning my mom up against the wall by her throat. I cried harder as I heard her gasping for air. I watched as she tried to kick him in the groin area. He saw what she attempted to do and smashed her head onto the corner of the little table next to the couch. As he let go she hit the ground and her body went limp. I hurried to pull my phone out of my pocket so I could call the police. I dialed as my dad continued beating the life out of my poor mother.

“Hello, 911. What is your emergency?”

“Hurry my father is beating me and my mom up.” I screamed.

Just then my dad turned to me with death in his eyes, I was scared for my life. He started after me as I struggled to get up and run out the door and down the street. I will never forgive myself for leaving my mother in there with that monster.

“Please hurry, he’s going to kill her.” I pleaded

“What’s the…” I cut her off

“1567 S.W. 49th street. Hurry please I need her. Help!”

“They’re on their way honey. Just stay on the phone with me until they get there.”

About a minute passed. “Okay they’re here. Thank you so much.” Click, I hung up the phone.

I ran back into the house as the police scurried in before me. “Step away from your wife sir.” He didn’t listen to them. At that moment the police dragged him to the ground and cuffed him. Two of them pulled him out to their car and took off.

I dropped to my knees next to my mother, her face was drenched in her own blood. I then realized she had a giant kitchen knife in her left side. I reached to yank it out but the other officer grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the way as four paramedics lifted her onto a stretcher. The officer held me back as I kicked and wiggled to get free, finally I bit him and he released his grip. I ran after the stretcher and jumped into the ambulance right as they were closing the doors. I held her hand and bawled the whole way to the hospital. Once we were there they called out five doctors. They had to hold me back and eventually strapped me to a hospital bed, they wheeled me into a room where they gave me some anesthetic. For the second time today my eyes grew heavy and fell shut.
♠ ♠ ♠
kinda cruel "/