Status: In Progress

Mermaid X Human

Chapter 3

It was lunch time.Every student's favorite period.A time to chat with friends,text,and go on the Internet.Students could do whatever they wanted,with no one to say otherwise.

It was at that time that a certain trio decided to sit and talk about the mysterious,new twins.

Said twins,sat underneath the shade of a tree,oddly close to the trio's picnic table.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"Mary's close friends?'Oliver questioned as he sat down.

"Weird,isn't it?"Jason replied.

"What's weird is that they just happened to come from Spain,here where their 'close friend' just happens to live."

"Spain and California are big places.What are the odds that three women from the same part of Spain,all move to the same part of California?"Rico added to the conversation as he sat down at the table.

As Jason stared at the girls,he noticed something.

Demetria didn't spare a smile for anyone,except Mary,and even then it was barely noticeable.But around Lillian,she gave her genuine smiles and grins.

Lillian gave people polite smiles every now and then.But she saved the most beautiful and loving smiles for her twin.

The love and care in their eyes when they looked at each other was inevitable.

"Hey!Are you paying attention at all?"

Jason snapped out of his trance and turned to the screamer.

"Sorry Rico.What were you saying?"

Rico glared slightly."We were wondering if Lillian's hair was natural."

The boys turned towards the girls and stared at Lillian's snow white hair.

Jason opened his mouth to say something.At that exact moment,a ray of light broke through the barrier of leaves,and shone on Demetria's necklace.The trio stared as the ruby shimmered and gleamed.

"Hm.......Hey,isn't that like your necklace,Jason?"

Jason nodded,still enchanted by the beauty of the blood red gem.

"Hey!You're right!Just where did you get that anyway?"

Jason slapped away Rico's hand as it reached to touch his star."That's none of your business.Besides,I can't remember where I got it."

Oliver turned to give Jason a questioning gaze.

"Then why do you always wear and are so protective of it?"

"I can't explain it.I just feel like if I take it off,then I'll completely forget the one who gave it to me.And that maybe if I always keep it on and take care of it,maybe the one who gave it to me will come back."

"That was..........Deep."Rico said after Jason finished.

"Agreed."Jason and Oliver said simultaneously.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't really like how this turned out.But whatever!The next chapter explains some stuff.I would LOVE some comments!!!