Last Name

Hummingbird

As soon as the plane landed I tried my best to avoid Mr. Vengeance at all cost. But I think he might have gotten a look at me. And I couldn’t tell if he recognized me or not. And I couldn’t decide if I wanted him to recognize me. Or if it was a good thing.

When Jeff and I gathered out luggage, he helped me carry my enormous hockey bag full of stuff me outside to where three buses lined the road outside the airport. I saw the guys of Atreyu boarding the bus farthest from where Jeff and I were standing. I flushed brightly as Alex waved to me before disappearing into the vehicle.

“That’s cute.” Jeff smirked.

I just glared. Besides. I was married. Not that my husband cared if I took interest in anyone. A cheater’s dream. But I somehow had this strange feeling that I should to stay faithful to him. But I really didn’t need to.

“So what bus are we on?” I asked suddenly feeling confused at what I’d just thought about previously.

“Oh right.” Jeff said. He must have realized that he hadn’t told me. “We’re with A7X I believe.”
He smiled after that. Not that ‘I know something that your not telling me’ smile. It was more a ‘you must now love me forever for bunking with one of your favourite bands’ kind of look. I really needed to tell someone of my situation before this got messy.

I needed to tell my mother I wasn’t a virgin. I should probably tell Zacky that I was his wife and we should probably get all this straightened out. And I was debating if I should tell Jeff that his fly was down.

“Speak of the devil!” He exclaimed suddenly, gesturing to the five men that had just come up behind me. I tried my best to keep my head down and avoid Zacky’s gaze. Which was going to be hard when we were sharing the same bus until god knows when. But he was seemingly distracted by something at the moment.

“It’s nice to finally meet you in person.” Said Shadows. He had a friendly smile on his face as him Jeff did that weird ‘man hug’ thing.

“It’s Honora. Right?” Questioned Syn as everyone else was greeted Jeff, the recently turned socialite. I nodded in answer to his question. A little starstruck again. I mean, this was Synyster Gates, Guitar God, talking to me.

“I’m Syn. But please call me Brian.” He stuck his hand out for me to shake. Polite. I liked that. So I stuck out my hand to meet his.

“Hey! You’re the chick from the plane!” I jumped a little at the suddenly loud voice of The Rev. Now him, I’d already met. But that didn’t stop me from still being at lose for words at the musical influences surrounding me.

“Umm. Yeah. I guess I am.” I said. Thankful that my voice didn’t quiver.

“Have you come to a conclusion for my question?”

“No. Not really.” I answered. A shy smile tugging at my lips.

Just as I said that our bus driver, who’s name I did not know, called us onto the bus so we could leave the airport to get to the first venue. I felt relived. At least we would continue the greetings somewhere comfortable and away from the sound of plane’s taking off. I was still a little shaky from the flight.

Most of the guys had already boarded the bus as I tried to take my humongous bag off the trolley. I was unsuccessful. It was stuck. Great. Or somehow it had just got heavier since the last time I picked it up.

“Let me help you there.” I just stepped back as the smallest member of Avenged Sevenfold picked up my giant bad as if it was nothing and tossed it under the middle bus. I wasn’t the only one a little shocked at this. Johnny Christ chuckled a little at my expression.

“I get that sometimes.”

“Your jacked.” That was my conclusion.

He just shrugged. But I thought I saw the slight hint of blush on his checks.

Jeff came up behind me and pushed me towards the bus. “I have a surprise for you.” He said into my ear excitedly. I guess that my face look skeptical at this new information. Jeff’s surprises were never that surprising because they happened quite often. A surprise dinner out to my favourite Chinese restaurant or a surprise visit to the zoo or something. He knew what I liked and he like to take me places. Like on tour. Jeff was like the father I never had. Even if he was nine years older then me. He spoiled me. More then my parent and that was saying something.

“Are you serious?” I questioned him. My left eyebrow raised.

“Is that a rhetorical question?” He replied with his question, as he stepped in front of me to get on the bus first. I rolled my eyes, not looking forward to whatever surprise he had in store for me.

I began to get onto the bus, not really looking forward to this.

“Holy shit! Who’s fucking guitar is that?” Yelled someone from the back of the vehicle. My eyes widened. He didn’t...

I quickly ran up the rest of the stairs to find Shadows, Brian and... Zacky surrounding a Gibson Hummingbird Custom KOA lying on the beige coloured couch. It guitar I’ve wanted for a long time. It was beautiful. And cost a hell of a lot. Jeff was standing beside the guys. Looking very smug. He did not get me that guitar.

“Are you serious?” I repeated again. This was not happening.

“Happy early birthday Nora!” He smiled.

“Jeff you did not just buy me a guitar! And this one of all of them!” I freaked out. It cost more then I was prepared to spend on a musical instrument and he bought it for me.

“Actually I didn’t buy it. I’m just the surprise giver.”

“Liar.” I accused.

“You know me so well. So you want to play it?”

I glared at him again. Of course I wanted to play it. But I would enjoy it more if I’d bought it and not him.

“Yes.”

It was then that I noticed Zacky looking at me weird. Probably the same expression I had on when I was trying to remember who it was that I was married to.

“Wait. You play too?” Brian asked me. Snapping Zacky out of whatever thoughts he was thinking about.

I nodded walking over to the beautiful guitar. Hummingbirds were my favourite animal. So tiny. Lively and colourful. One thing I loved on an instrument I loved.

“Quite well I might add.” Jeff was still looking smug.

“Well let’s here it!” Shadows spoke loudly from beside me. “I’m Matt by the way. But I think you might have known that.”

I smiled a little and picked up the guitar very carefully and strummed a chord. It was perfectly in tune. So I began to play and sing quietly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Song
Outfit
Guitar

Yeah. It's been awhile. And this chapter kinda sucks. But I do love this guitar!

Thank you too:
LetsGoWakeUpMom.
a venom
BurningAlchemist
xXRipMyHeartOpenXx
Angel Devastation
Miss.CorrCorr


You comments mean a lot so thank you very much!