Last Name

Trusting Christ

I dropped my phone and screamed very loudly as Johnny Christ came up behind me. He was then scared by my scream and toppled over in fright. I just stood there with my hand over my racing heart.

“Don’t do that again.” I told him breathlessly as the bassist lay on the floor.

“Believe me, I won’t.” He said clutching his heart.

I stuck my hand out to him after both of us a regained some composure. He grabbed my hand to pull himself up and I apologized for my little freak out. He just laughed at me saying that it was fine, and that people tended to not notice him when he was behind them.

“You’re not the first person I’ve scared. You didn’t even have the highest scream on this bus.”

I chuckled at that.

“Then who did?”

“Answer my question first.” He said simply.

“Johnny Christ! Who knew you could be so devious?” I retorted, acting outraged. When in reality I was more nervous. I suppose I could tell him. It would defiantly keep me relaxed knowing that I could talk to someone about my little marriage situation. Plus it might be nice to find out if he knew if Zacky knew he was married, and to whom.

He just shrugged at my retort, but he was smiling just a little bit.

“Can I trust you not to tell him?” I asked seriously. He seemed to understand how serious I was being.

“Of course.” He said honesty. I contemplated again if I should tell him. The part of me that blurted out the magic words to my mother took over again and I started word vomiting to Johnny without even thinking about how I was going to say anything.

“Kay so, my friends and I went for a girls trip to Vegas about a month ago and I ended up getting really drunk and all which is totally not like me. Even though I do slightly love the taste of Jack Daniels Whiskey, but that’s beside the point. I could barely remember anything in the morning. The first thing I saw was the wedding band on my finger and the hotel room that defiantly wasn’t mine. Then I saw who my husband was on the way out the door. But I didn’t realize who it was until a couple weeks ago. And now he’s on tour and I don’t know if he knows me but I’m really scared to find out.”

I decided to leave out the fact that Zacky kind off... took my virginity. That wasn’t something I felt comfortable telling someone I barely knew. I was barely comfortable telling my own mother.

“Wow... So who is it?” Johnny asked curiously.

“Zacky.” I said quietly, my voice was small. But I wasn’t worried about if he heard me because I knew he did. His reaction was what I was waiting for, and Johnny didn’t disappoint. His eye went wide and his mouth dropped.

“ARE YOU SERI-”

I tackled him to the ground with a thump, cutting his yell off mid sentence. His eyes were still wide but a few seconds after I tackle him his facial expression turned to a smirk. We could both hear people on the bus getting up to investigate Johnny’s yell and the noise that followed after.

“Say a word and I’ll strangle you in your sleep.” I threatened him. Not that I was actually going to do that but the thought was still there.

I quickly moved off of him and stepped past the curtain separating the bunk room from the rest of the bus. My cooler then a cucumber act was ruined as I ran into Jeff’s Matt’s chest.

“Must you stand there?” I asked calmly. Though on the inside I was freaking out. I had physically touched M. Shadows. It took all I had in me not to wrap my arms around him in a giant teddy beat hug being that close to his torso.

“Yes.” He answered just as calmly.

“Careful Shads. She’s got a mean tackle.” Johnny commented from the floor.

In a flash I was picked up and thrown over the vocalist’s shoulder. I shrieked and squeezed my eyes shut as I felt all the blood rush to my head.

“A lil’ thing like her? Not a chance. You’re just tiny Johnny.”

The men surrounding my upside down figure chuckled at the youngest (and shortest) member of their band. I felt sorry for him in a way, but Johnny took the insult in good stride and just shrugged it off.

“Man-o-man. You’ve got a muscled shoulder.” I mentioned to Matt as I hung upside down. I heard Jeff laugh a little bit before he started talking to Matt.

“Matt, if you could please put my client down, I need to talk to her.”

I rolled my eyes as he called me his ‘client’.

“Jeff.” I started, still not being able to see him from the amount to back muscle from Mr. Sanders in front of my face. “Don’t call me that. I’ve known you since I was twelve. You’re more like my father.”

“I know that sweetheart but that makes me feel kinda old.”

“You are old.” I smirked at him, though he couldn’t see it.

“Shut up before I spank you.” I immediately brought my arms up and over my bum, almost elbowing Matt in the process. If I knew Jeff well, and I did, there was no doubt in my mind that he actually would spank me. For someone who was almost nine years my senior we sure did flirt quite a bit more that we did with people our own age.

“Okay Matt?” I called to him. The blood rushing to my head was making me extremely lightheaded and slightly sick to my stomach.

“Yeah?”

“Wanna put me down? I think I’m going to toss my cookies all over your ass.”

He bent down slowly to his knees to let me roll of his tattooed and muscled shoulder. I fell to the ground with a thump, my stomach instantly relieved.

“Okay men and woman!” The Rev yelled over the chatter of everyone else from the front of the bus. All I could see from the ground was the dimming Denver, Colorado sky. “We’re almost to the venue and we’ll be sleeping on the bus when we get there! And I call sleeping on top of Nora’s bed!”

I wasn’t quite sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing, but it would be interesting. This tour was going to kick into overdrive tomorrow and I couldn’t wait for it all to begin... Hey, Johnny never told me who had the highest scream.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've had this chapter written up for awhile and things kept getting the the way every time I tried to update but never mind that now! It's updated now!

Thank you a venom, ambeymaree, BurningAlchemist, Angel Devastation, Dame Chance, Miss.CorrCorr, Love Heals., Automobile, avenging angel.

OH! BTW, congrats to anyone who guess that Johnny was the one who was listening in on the conversation!