Waiting For The Sun To Rise.

Chapter Ten.


I was lying in Logan’s bed, waiting for him to finish taking a shower. I was barely at home anymore; always here after school, with the alibi that I was staying at Joey’s. My parent’s believed me. Why wouldn’t they? I was always honest with them, before Logan anyways. I glanced around his room. The walls were painted a charcoal black color. There was absolutely nothing special about the room either. On one side of the small bedroom was a black desk, lit up by a table lamp. On the desk was an ancient looking computer and nothing else. The other side of the room was his ‘full’ sized bed and a black dresser. The floors were simply wood, and that was all there was to it. No decorations, no pictures, no nothing. His whole condo was basically like this, actually.

The door to the bedroom opened and Logan stepped in wearing nothing but a towel wrapped around his lower body. He ran his fingers through his wet hair and my heart instantly sped up with desire. Logan wasn’t the kind of guy you see on the street and call cute, or hot. He was the kind of guy you had to stop and stare at. The one you would call sexy. Hell, some even would call him beautiful. Because he was, in his own way. He was mysterious; you could instantly tell he was labeled with a ‘bad boy’ image, but there was so much more to him. You could just tell underneath all of that tough façade was an intelligent guy, a descent guy.

I realized by now that I was staring and let my eyes wander down his muscular chest and stomach, but rested on one spot. Right below his left nipple, was a long thick scar going down all the way to his belly button. It was a slight different color than the other skin surrounding it. He realized what I was staring at and stepped closer to the bed. When he was within reach, I traced my fingers along it. Logan stared down at me with cautious eyes that I had never seen before. I heard his breathing speed up for just a second, and when I glanced up at him, it looked as though he wasn’t breathing at all. His eyes bared down into mine. Looking back into them, he looked so young now, so fragile.

“Logan, how did you get this scar?” I asked tentatively. A long breath of air escaped his lips, as though he had been holding his breath. He turned from me and went through a drawer, pulling out a pair of black jeans. He slipped them on, not bothering to cover up and I simply continued to stare at him. When he finally turned around, he took a seat on the bed next to me, avoiding my eyes.

“It’s a long story.” He said, after what seemed like an hour of silence. I angled my body to face him and cautiously reached up to run my fingers along it again. This time, his hand shot up and was placed over my own, on the scar. When I looked into his eyes, I saw pools of pain spilling out; it was as though a distant memory was tormenting him and he was reliving it as we sat there on his bed.

“My mother.” he said after another minute. My eyes grew wide realizing the meaning behind his words two little words.

“Your mother gave you this?” I asked quietly. He simply nodded and glanced up at my eyes only for a second.

“Yeah, my mother gave me this.’ His voice came out louder now, the anger he must have felt towards her shining through his words. I wasn’t sure what to say.

“My mom was a crazy bitch.” He said, chuckling bitterly.
“She really always was, but when my father left us, she let it all out, on me. Didn’t matter why, when, how much, or what she did, it was always something. She used to just smack me around a lot. So much that finally it just didn’t hurt me anymore; I was used to the stingy sensation I would get, or the burning feeling that would take over wherever she would smack.. Once she realized this, she moved on to bigger things.”

A crazy look took over his eyes and he let himself fall back onto his bed. I crossed my legs and sat Indian-style facing him. I let my hands fall down and caress his hair, trying to comfort him. I remember my own feelings when my mother had slapped me. It only happened once, but that was all it took for me to be scared to death to come home. I couldn’t imagine what he went through.

“As I got older, she began to gamble a lot too. She made me get a job to pay off her debts and then go and deliver the money to the guys she owed it to. Yeah, the guys weren’t too friendly as you can imagine, and then I just got even more poundings a day. I was trapped, something was holding me back from going to the police; I had to make it stop a different way but didn’t know how.”

“After a while she just stopped feeding me. I was probably eight years old by then and learned to cook for myself, somewhat anyways. Whenever things would get messed up in her personal life, she always had me to take it out on. She would crash by face into the floor until my nose would bleed. Until one day, she went too far. I‘m not really sure what set her over the edge Jamie. She was so messed up by then, probably totally crazy.” He paused, running his own hand along the scar.

“I got home that night by seven and my house was really quiet; it was never quiet. Usually my mom would sit in front of the TV and yell at it all night. But when I walked in, she wasn’t there. I remember feeling so relieved too. God I was stupid. When I went to go in my room, she was there sitting on my bed. Something was behind her back. I remember backing away slightly and asking her what she was doing. She laughed for a good minute before standing up and revealing the knife.” A gasp escaped my lips as I listened to his story.

“I’ll spare you all the details, but let’s just say that’s how I got this scar.”
I laid back on the bed and rested my head on his chest, trying to imagine what he had to go through.

“Logan, that’s terrible. No child should have to go through that.” I whispered. I felt his ragged breathing on my neck and snuggled in closer to him.

“I mean, I can’t imagine-” I was cut off my Logan jumping up into a sitting position, forcing me to as well.
“Listen to me Jamie.’ he said fiercely, yanking my chin towards him.

“If you tell anyone about this, anyone, I swear I’ll-” I interrupted him, placing my hands over his own that were holding my chin so tightly that it hurt.

“Logan, I’d never.” I whispered, hurt that he’d even assume anything like that. The anger in his eyes disappeared and he gave me a very small smile. Although I should have been offended, or maybe frightened, I wasn’t. The only thing I felt was pity for Logan, that he had to go through that.

Logan pulled me into his chest and rested his head on top of mine.

“I’m sorry Jamie.” he whispered, kissing my head.

“But Logan, where’s your mother now, prison?” I asked cautiously. I felt him stiffen up for a moment and I drew my face away to look upon his own. His expressionless face soon changed to a very small smile, maybe even a smirk.

“Don’t worry about her Jamie. She’s gone and she’s never coming back.”
♠ ♠ ♠
yes, i know this chapter was rather short since it was only a flashback.
but that's what happens when i hardly get any feedback. l:
i would like to thank the people that did comment me to tell me what they thought though.
:D

The next chapter is written; I just need to edit it and such.

Hope everyone has a wonderful New Year! =]