Waiting For The Sun To Rise.

Chapter Twelve

“Let go of me.” I said, trying to keep my voice level. Nick sighed and loosened his grip on my arm, but didn’t release it.

“Look, I’m not a bad guy Jamie. Actually, I’d rather us be friends. It would make my job much easier.”

“Your job?” I questioned; he finally let go of my arm and was leaning on the wall by the door so I couldn’t get out even if I wanted to. He chuckled and nodded his head.

“Yeah, but you don’t need to worry about that part Jamie.” He said grinning, as if he knew something I did not. Then again, he did know something I didn’t. He knew a lot I didn’t know; a lot that I wanted to know. I still didn’t know how he knew who I was.

“Okay, whatever. I still have no idea who you are.” I said, changing the subject and shifting my weight from one foot to the other uncomfortably.

“I told you, I’m Nick.” He said, his voice edging near frustration.
He mumbled something under his breath and I barely caught what he said; “Maybe if you weren’t so self centered before, you would have noticed me all those years.”

I let out annoyed sigh and still felt very cautious in this room alone with this Nick guy.

“Okay, well why are you here?” I asked more timidly this time. He blew out a breath of what I presumed to be annoyance.

“Time for you to answer some of my questions, Jamie dear.” He said, taking a step towards me.

“Stop calling me that.” I said, trying to make my voice come out fierce, although it came out quite the opposite. He laughed at my attempt and took another step closer.

“So, was I right when we last met, are you single?”

“Why do you care?” I asked, trying to look more angry than nervous. “I’m not interested, if that’s what you’re getting at” I added. He started cracking up, clutching his ribs. Once he was done, he wiped a fake tear and rolled his eyes.

“No, I’m not interested in you that way.” I felt my face heat up with embarrassment.
“But you are very attractive.” He added, taking yet another step closer. I kept backing up with each step he took, and soon enough I was at a dead end with my back against my wall.

“No where to go.” He whispered, putting his hands up on either side of the wall, surrounding me.

“What do you want?” I whispered back.
“Don’t be scared, I just have some questions Jamie. I told you that.” He said, smiling slightly. He didn’t seem scary, but he knew too much about me. That was the creepy part. Also, I still had no idea how he got into this party.

“Now, answer my question.” He demanded menacingly. I looked into his eyes with defeat shining through my own. I would answer his questions; what else could I do? The music from outside the room was so loud we could hear it perfectly in here. No one would hear me even if I did try and yell or scream. I could tell by looking at Nick I wouldn’t be able to fend him off either. I was all out of options.

“Yes, I’m single.” I said quietly. Nick nodded his head mumbling what sounded like good, twice.

“Okay, why are you here?”

“My brother Brandon is doing a tour with ATL and Cobra Starship and he let me and my friend tag along.” I said quickly. Nick nodded his head again and then looked like he was thinking of something .

“Where is your first show going to be held?” He asked. I regarded him carefully. I could always lie.

“Arizona.” I said quickly to make it seem as thought I was being truthful. Nick looked down into my eyes and ran his left hand up the side of my cheek until it rested there.

“Come now Jamie, do you really think I’m stupid. Tell me the truth.” A small gasp escaped my mouth and my eyes were locked in a trance with his own. He moved his hand down from my cheek to my neck, running it up and down the base of my collarbone. His touch sent jolts of fear down my body. I could feel my heart beating rapidly in my chest and I was trying to prepare myself for the worst.

“Tell me.” He spoke again, this time louder and with more force. I let out a small whimper as his other hand gripped my wrist again, very tightly.

“We’ll find you either way, so you might as well tell me now.”

“We?” I questioned, my voice coming out as a whimper. Nick’s eyes went wide for a split second and then he cursed quietly.

“Whatever. And if you tell anyone about our little confrontation, people could get hurt.” He paused smiling slightly.

“I mean it; your brother, that friend of yours, of any of the band members, doesn’t matter who. Someone will get hurt if they try to interfere.” He spoke menacingly and I could tell he meant business. My wrist was taking on a stingy sensation because of how tight he was holding it.

“Hey Jamie, are you in-” A voice followed by a gasp interrupted our little conversation. My eyes met the voice’s eyes and in a split second, Nick’s weight was lifted off of me and he was pushed to the other side of the room. Alex stood in front of me looking quite angry. In fact, he looked infuriated. He glanced at me for a second, his eyes full of concern.

“What did he do to you Jamie?” Alex asked. I couldn’t find my voice to speak.

“Relax there big shot, this is what you do at parties, is it not?” Nick asked, trying to play it cool. Alex scoffed and shook his head, muttering something about being ignorant.

“Who invited you?” Alex demanded, taking a step towards Nick.
Nick laughed, rolling his eyes. Holding his hands out he said, “Settle down there, it’s a party; you should be partying, not in here.” Obviously trying to persuade Alex to leave, Nick glanced at me for a split second, sending chills through my body.

“Who the fuck invited you?” Alex nearly yelled, taking yet another step closer to Nick, who was now in a little corner of my room.

“Jack Barakat.” Alex scoffed again and rolled his eyes. “Yeah, right.” He approached Nick at a fast pace and shoved him again, against the wall. Nick looked like he was ready to take a blow at Alex and I just prayed he wouldn’t let his temper get the best of him. Actually, same goes for Alex. He looked pretty pissed himself.

“What did you do to Jamie?”
Nick looked towards me, giving me another meaningful look, as if asking me to back him up. His eyes spoke the words his lips could not at the moment, “Remember what I said; anyone who interferes will get hurt.”

“It’s…it’s fine Alex; he didn’t hurt me.” I finally spoke up, trying to sound convincing. Alex didn’t even glance at me; he simply shook his head, obviously not believing me.

“Hm, thought you said you didn’t have a boyfriend Jamie?” Nick questioned, narrowing his eyes at Alex. A light blush would have normally crept over my face, but in a time like this, there was no time to feel embarrassed.

“He’s not my boyfriend Nick.” Alex glanced back at me now, probably wondering why I even knew this guy’s name.

“You mind letting go of my shirt there, bro?” Nick said, keeping his voice level and calm. Alex reluctantly released Nick from his grasp. Nick let out a few chuckles and went to approach me again, but Alex stepped in his way.

“Is there a problem?” Nick asked, arching his eye brows.

Alex let out a sarcastic laugh and replied, “Yeah, you need to leave.” Nick glanced from Alex to me a few times before sighing out of annoyance.

“Now.’ Alex growled, shoving him towards the door.

“Don’t worry Jamie, I’ll see you around.” Nick said before getting another push from Alex out the door. He went as far as to actually escorting him out. As Alex walked out with him, I let out a breath I didn’t realize I was even holding in. Slowly I let my back slide down the wall until I was in a crouching position on the floor. I was so confused and frightened. I went through everything he had asked me. He only got the chance to ask three questions;
Are you single?
Why are you here?
Where is your first tour going to be?


I let out a few more breaths. I didn’t realize how scared I actually was until Alex showed up and the relief washed over me. He looked so angry; like he wanted to rip Nick’s head off or something. I buried my head in my laps and tried to take in a couple deep breaths, but I still felt like I couldn’t breath.

My phone vibrated in my pocket, causing me to nearly have a heart attack. Slowly, I removed my phone from my pocket and glanced at the screen. It was from a number I didn’t recognize. I felt my heart beat quicken again and I clicked open. It read;
Well that was fun; too bad we were interrupted though.
We’ll have to finish our little conversation some other time.
Just remember what I said; if you tell anyone you’re just hurting them in the long run. Anyone you tell will be dragged into something that has nothing to do with them, but everything to do with you.
Hope you make the wise choice.
-Nick.

That was when the tears began to fall uncontrollably, having no idea what I was supposed to do.

Too bad you don’t remember me.
Who was he?
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry the updates are coming up slower and slower.
i have finals coming up at school and i've been studying every free second i have.
but i have the next chapter written.

the more feedback, the quicker i'll post it. (: