Waiting For The Sun To Rise.

Chapter Fifteen

“Another drink!” I yelled snapping my fingers at Jack. He erupted in a roar of laughter and threw me my. . . Well I’m not sure how many this would make, but it was a lot. Yes, that’s right, I was so scared and pathetic that I decided to get totally wasted, and Jack was right there with me! Before you judge me or hold me responsible for anything that happens, just know this, I am totally beyond wasted.

Alex took the bottle from my hands and shook his head frowning.
“Jamie, that’s like your fifth one.” He said disapprovingly.

“Oh relax, you sound like my brother.” I slurred out, taking the bottle back and chugging most of it down in one sip. Alex let out a frustrated sigh and glanced at Nick. He was on his first beer and Alex didn’t think that was any accident.

You see, Alex figured that Nick would get Jamie totally wasted and then. . . Well he wasn’t exactly sure what came after that, but he knew it couldn’t be good. That was why Alex decided he would going to stay just as sober as Nick.

“Your brother!” Alex exclaimed, as if what I had said made a light bulb go off in his head or something. Before I knew what he was doing, he had his cell phone out and was calling someone. Once I realized what he was doing, I leaped up from my spot on the couch and tackled Alex to the ground, struggling to get a hold of his phone. Finally succeeding, I stuffed it in my bra and smirked down at Alex. He frowned and ordered me to give it back.

Sticking out my tongue, I shook my head.
“No way José. You were totally going to ruin my buzz.” Jack laughed hysterically and shouted something incomprehensible.

“Your buzz? Jamie, you’re wasted.” Alex yelled. He sat up, my body still basically on top of him, and held me hostage in his arms.

“I think it’s time I take you to bed.”
Jack started to make kissing noises and Nick followed suit.

“Alex and Jamie are going to have sex!” Jack screamed.

“Are they telling’ the truth buddy?” I slurred bringing my face closer to Alex’s. Alex tried to stay serious, but failed letting a few chuckles slip out. He shook his head and smiled slightly, mumbling something under his breath. When he glanced up, he met Nick’s eyes.

“I’m taking her to my bed.” He said, almost territorially. For a split second Alex could have sworn he saw a look of annoyance cross Nick’s face, but as soon as it was there, it was replaced by a grin.

“You kids better not have too much fun.” He said with a wink. Alex glared in return, picking me up in his arms.

“Come on Jamie.” He mumbled, trying to get me to stand up. Every time I would be completely up, I would simply stumble back down. Finally Alex gave up and scooped me in his arms, carrying me to his bunk. He had a top bunk so he had to first place me up there and then climb his way in.

I fiddled my hair around my finger and stretched my legs out. Alex let out a long exhausted sigh as he let himself fall down beside me. He flopped himself on his elbow and stared at me.

“What were you thinking tonight?” He whispered. I was too drunk to understand what he meant and simply let out a few giggles. Alex stared at me in confusion as I began to pull my tank top over my head.

“Whoa, Jamie what are you doing?!” He yelled, pulling it back down. I looked at him confused and let my bottom lip stick out in a pout.

“Jack said we were going to have sex.” Alex stared at me wide-eyed before he started to laugh.

“Jamie, you’re wasted.” He replied, pulling the covers over my body.

“So what? Am I not good enough for you Mr. Rock star?” Alex chuckled, reaching out to remove an idle strand of hair from my face. His hand remained on my head.

“Come on Jamie, go to sleep.” He whispered soothingly, his hand brushing my hair with his fingers. I let a yawn stifle out and laid my head down.

“That’s a girl…” Alex continued to whisper.
“Wait a second!” I yelled, leaping up into a sitting position. Alex looked a little surprised at my sudden movement and propped himself on him elbow again.

“What?” He asked. Any sober person could tell he was obviously amused.

“Don’t I get a kiss goodnight?”
Alex froze for a second and then chuckled.
“Sure honey.” I let myself fall back on my pillow and pursed my lips, awaiting my goodnight kiss.

Alex leaned down and kissed my forehead, smiling down at me.
“Excuse me Mr. Rock star, I am not three.” My words came out slurred together again and Alex let out another chuckle from beside me. Reaching up I yanked Alex’s shirt and brought his face closer to my own.

“I want a real fucking good night kiss.”
Now, if I was sober like I should have been, I would have noticed the way Alex began to fiddle with his fingers. I would have been aware of how flustered he was suddenly becoming. I would have seen how when he went to kiss me, he went down slowly, his eyes staring into mine. I would have saw that look he had in his eyes.

But I was wasted. So all I felt was the pressure of his lips on my own for a good minute. Mostly because I brought my hands behind his head and wouldn’t let go. Finally I allowed his lips to part from mine and I smiled up at his blurry face.

“Okay, now I can go to sleep if you sing me a lullaby.” Alex was still slightly above me, and he looked a little surprised still; like he was in shock or something. But after another moment, he leaned back down and let his head fall onto his pillow. In the distance, I could faintly hear Jack yelling random stuff out and Nick’s roars of laughter. But soon the darkness began to take control and my eyes started to droop shut. I instinctively reached to my left and grabbed Alex’s shirt, moving my head to rest on his chest. A small gasp escaped his lips and his body stiffened momentarily. After a few seconds, his hands wrapped around my small body frame and he resumed his early actions of stroking my hair.

Slowly he started to sing “Remembering Sunday”, which was a song from one of All Time Low’s old albums. He sang it softly in my ear, and I clung to the sound of his voice.

Although I was wasted and would hardly remember any of this in the morning, at that very moment I felt safe in Alex’s arms.


“Really Logan, I can’t thank you enough for letting me stay with you”. I must have said that at least six times now as I continued to unpack my clothes in Logan’s room. He was laying on his bed staring at me as I did this and smirking.

“No problem, babe. Besides, now there’s more time for us.” I felt my stomach explode with butterflies at the last part of that sentence; “us”. I still loved how that sounded.

At that moment, my cell phone started to go off. Rolling my eyes I glanced around the room for it.

“It’s probably my parents.” I mumbled.

“Let me get it.” Logan demanded, finding it before me.

“Hello.” He spoke into the phone.

“No, you can’t speak to her.”

“No, you listen to me.” Logan spoke loud, his voice demanding and almost menacing.

“She lives with me now, not you. In other words, she doesn’t have to do a thing you tell her to do. Don’t try and contact her anymore because she doesn’t need you . She has me now and that’s all she will ever need. I’ll stop by your house for the rest of her stuff tomorrow.” Logan paused.

“Shut up, I wasn’t done speaking.” He screamed into the phone.

“Logan, that’s my parents!” I screeched moving towards him. He held out his hand and gave me an intense look, so I stopped.

“As I was saying, I would listen to what I told you to do because it’d be for your own good. I love your daughter, more than you ever could ass hole”. With that, he clicked ‘end’ and set the phone on the night stand. I stared at him wide-eyed and mouth hanging open.

“Logan, how could you say that to my dad?” I yelled. Logan looked at me, surprised by my outburst.

“Excuse me?” He said, keeping his voice even. He sat up in the bed and stared at me. I felt my body tingle a little, slightly nervous.

“That was my dad Logan, I love him.” I spoke quieter now and looked down at my hands.

“Come here.” When I didn’t move for a minute Logan cleared his throat.

“That wasn’t an option honey, that was a demand.” He hissed from his spot on the bed. I crawled from the floor to the foot of the bed. He reached down and took me from under my arms onto the bed, laying me underneath him. He pressed his lips down to my with such fierce and passion. When his lips parted from my own, he frowned.

“Your parents just don’t understand honey. We love each other and love is a bond that can never be broken.” I stared into his eyes, all the anger gone. He was so incredibly beautiful. I had never been so attracted to anyone my entire life.

It was one of those pulses where if Logan was too far from me, my body actually ached for him.

“I need you Logan.” I spoke suddenly, my voice coming out surprisingly strong. Logan smirked triumphantly and nodded his head.

“That’s right Jamie, you do need me.”
I did need him. Without Logan, I was just boring Jamie Bergenson, Brandon’s little sister. I was the nobody. The one that no one noticed. But with Logan, I was someone. Logan loved me unconditionally. People would tell me he was possessive and aggressive. I saw these things as protective and passionate. That’s when I realized something about Logan and I; I do need Logan…

“And I always will…”
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you guys enjoyed this one.
i especially liked writing it. : )

i just finished writing the next chapter, but it's more or less a filler to lead up to the upcoming events. i'll try and publish it by sunday & write the next, next chapter! haha.

comment. comment. comment.

:D