Glitteroid

Chapter Four

The very first thing that I noticed about the group of students in my homeroom, was that they continued their conversations the second they took a look at me. Now, don’t you dare get me wrong, I’m very flexible when it comes to socializing. I don’t beg for attention nearly as much as I crave it. Honestly, I don’t. But it’s always nice to be noticed, right? Of course. Damn it!

I curse myself for not diving off the high board and just wearing my favorite outfit. For about a second and a half, I consider dashing out and getting Perdue to take me home to my closet. But then again, I really don’t want to show fear. Ever watch the Discovery Channel? It’s always the doe eyed zebras that go first.

I scanned the seven or so rows of desks before finding the futile last seat - and wouldn’t you know it, it’s located right next to the damn trash can, in the back of the class. The conjoined desk & chair practically screamed with agony. Who knows how many sophomore rejects have ground their loser asses onto that God awful chair? I cringe just thinking about it.

A girl with a navy pullover gives me a once-over. Smiling, I give a small twirl for the fans, and silently applaud myself for my craftiness. I’ve dangled the bait, and now I just wait for the shark. (My inspiration comes from the Jaws - esqe flick that was on the night before)

Navy pullover girl crinkles her nose and widens her eyes, and even gives the trademark navy pullover and nice, insecure tug. “That is probably the most amazing outfit I’ve ever seen. Ever”

Firmly, I placed my hands on my hipbones and cock my eyebrows. “No. Obviously. This” I cinched my pant’s fabric between my index and middle fingers, “Is a original. I made it, obviously” A platonic grin spread over my face. “But let’s me real here - honestly, I bet it’s not even worth peddling. You should see the real clothes in my closet” The looked at me like I was God. Oh, how it felt good to have them eating out of the palm of my head!

Or at least, that’s how I wanted it to happen.
So I admit it. Everything that you have read so far has been a blatant lie. Or more specifically, everything in this bloody chapter has been. Well, do you all want the cold, hard truth or not? Because this is how it went down.

I walked in.
And Lord and Christ have mercy - everyone snapped their focus from each other and onto me. In retrospect, it was actually really quite flattering. With all those tan, airbrushed faces staring back in awe. Euphoria washed over me like it was the end of “American Idol.”

Then they started laughing.
And asked THE QUESTION.
Oh. I’m about to start a BF in here.