Status: Very, very slow.

What Happens When They Leave You.

CHAPTER 4- A NEW FRIEND

It has been a week since I’ve seen Ryley. I miss talking to him. He distracted to me from my situation for awhile, and I liked that. He made me smile. No one has been able to do that lately. Not even my father. I want to get to know Ryley more, I think we have a lot in common. We are both lost. He is lost without his father and I’m lost without Aaron. If Aaron met Ryley he would have thought he was the nicest kid. That’s the thing with Aaron, he may have seemed all tough, but deep inside he was as soft as a big cuddly bear. I loved that about him. I miss him so much.
They have put me back in my room now. It feels weird to be in here. My thoughts over take me so much. They have also given me a shrink. I don’t need someone to talk to. I don’t need anyone except Aaron, but I suppose they won’t let that. I’m pretty sure they aren’t into their patients asking to be killed or for them to kill their patients so they can be with the person they love the most in this world.
Before I could think another thought the door opened. I looked over to the door and the nurse popped her head in. I hated this woman. She had brown hair that was in a tight ponytail, and brown eyes that were full of lust. She was after one of the doctors. She always had her body tight against his. It was revolting. They would randomly start making out in the hall all the time. I didn’t get what he saw in her, even though I don’t go for women. She always wore think foundation, and had cherry lipstick on all of the time. She wore the shortest dress; I swear she got it from the adult shop. It just made me want to be sick every time I saw her.
“You have someone in here now,” she spat with venom.
God, I wish she would just disappear and leave me alone.
I looked at the doctor that was walking through the room with a young boy in his arms. I couldn’t see this guy’s face, but he limbs looked dead. I felt bad for the guy.
“Skylar, this is Ryley. I don’t know if you have met him before, but hia old room is needed for someone else because they need the facilities by the particular room,” he sighed as he put Ryley on his bed. I honestly could not believe that we were sharing a room. I could finally talk to him and ask all the questions I wanted to ask him. He could take me away from my own thoughts.
“Well I’ll leave him here, just ask the nurse to page me if he needs anything,” he walked out of the room and just left him laying there.
I don’t know whether I should go over there or not. He might be in a real peaceful sleep, even though he looks like the most uncomfortable person in the world. I really do feel bad for him. Like he said before, he wants his dad. People probably treat him like shit, and even though I have known him for only a few hours, I feel really bad for him. He doesn’t deserve that.
I finally decided to go sit next to him. I made my way over there and carefully placed myself on the spare section on his bed. He must of felt my presence because he slowly fluttered his eyes open. A small smile appeared on his face. He looked up at me with his eyes. His eyes looked so upset and sad, but by his smile I could tell he was trying his best to be happy.
“Hi Skylar,” he whispered.
“ Hi roomie,” I smiled at him.
He looked really confused, I don’t blame him either. I would probably be confused as well.
“Your now officially my roomate or whatever you would like to call it,” I smiled at him as his eyes lit up.
“Are you dead serious?” he asked in disbelief.
I laughed softly and nodded my head. I was quite shocked and what he did next. He wrapped his arms around my neck and squealed; yes squealed. I was utterly shocked now. I did not expect him to squeal.
“Ouch my ears,” I teased.
He pulled away and smiled at me, a blush slightly showing on his cheeks.
“I’m so glad I’m out of that area of this place,” he sighed happily.
I looked at him confused, what was so bad about the area of the institution he was in?
“What was wrong with the place you were in?” I asked, getting myself more comfortable .
“It was horrible Sky,” I flinched at the nickname he gave me. No one has called me Sky since Aaron died. He always called me Sky. It stung a bit to hear someone else call me it. I don’t think Ryley noticed because he continued with what he was saying.
“They treated me like I didn’t belong there, except one of the doctors. He is the nicest person here, well except for you, of course,” he smiled in my direction. I tried my best to show a big smile, but all I got out was a small one. Hopefully he didn’t notice my change of attitude.
“He was like a big brother to me. He is only twenty five and he is a brilliant doctor. I think he was the one that brought me in here. But like I was saying, everyone else was horrible. They treat you wil no respect and take all their anger and frustration out on you. I really do feel sorry for the next guy that has to be in that area. He doesn’t even know what’s coming. The thing that really gets me though is that they act like god sent angels around the family, and they are actually assholes. I hate the fakeness. I just hate it,” he sighed like he was finally giving up.
“I hate the fakeness as well. I don’t get why people have to be fake. Be yourself and if people can’t accept you then stuff them. That’s what I say,” I whispered.
He looked at me weirdly,” what’s wrong?” he asked with concern.
I gulped,” what do you mean?”
“You were happier before but ever since I said your name you have been distant,” damn it, he noticed. I should have hid it way better.
“Don’t worry about it, it is just some personal problems,” I sighed, not wanting to burden him with my problems. He had enough of his own, he didn’t need mine as well.
“I’m here if you need to talk, you know that right?” he asked, well more stated.
I nodded in his direction and smiled at him.” I know, thanks Ryley.”
Ryley smiled back and looked around the room. He looked in awe of the room. It must have been very different from his other room. Maybe it had more colour? I highly doubt it since it hardly had any colour at all. It was completely boring to me, but maybe he found it interesting? I’ll never know.
“I like this room,” he smiled through his words.
I looked at him like he was on something, and he laughed at me.
“What’s so good about it?” I asked, hoping I didn’t seem rude. I just didn’t see the good part about it. It was so boring and plain. It needed colour, IMMEDIATELY.
“It’s different than my other one. For one you have blinds that your allowed to open. You also have a bathroom, instead of having to share one with 10 people. You have a balcony that looks across most of the institution,” he smiled back at me.
“So you’re telling me that you had blinds you weren’t allowed to open, a bathroom that you had to share with 10 people and you didn’t have a balcony?” I asked, trying to get my information straight.
“You would be correct, oh and it was painted a disgusting murky green. It literally looked like shit,” he laughed at the last part, and I laughed along with him. It was quite funny, I don’t think I have ever heard him swear. He said it as it was just a casual word to say.

We continued talking for about another hour until his voice started to sound tired.
“Ryley, go to sleep,” I smiled at him. He was refusing to go to sleep because he would feel rude. I honestly didn’t mind if he fell asleep, if he fell asleep I would probably have a little nap as well.
“But I feel really rude and you might disappear,” he whispered the last part but I still managed to hear him say it.
“ I won’t disappear, I promise,” I smiled at him and rubbed his back.
“People always say that and they do,” he sadly stated.
“Well I’m not going anywhere, I promise,” I lifted his chin up and smiled at him
“Really? You’re not freaked out by my complete weirdness? You won’t get up and leave tonight when I’m asleep? You won’t ask to be changed rooms? Because at one stage everyone seems to be doing that,” he sighed.
He sounded really down. This kid seriously needs a big confidence boost, and soon. I don’t think he believes how amazingly strong he is. To be what he has been through, he must be strong. Even though he is so tiny, he is a fighter. I can tell. From all the time he has been here, and then got out and then came back here.
“Really. No, no and no,” I smiled at him.
He smiled back at me and laid down.” Night Ryley,” I said and wrapped the blankets around his fragile body.
“Night Skylar,” I smiled as he used my full name. He must of realized I didn’t like people using my shortened name.
Before I got off the bed, he wrapped his arms around my neck again, and this time I hugged him back. I had a feeling this was going to be a brilliant start to a great friendship.
He let go of my and laid back down. I got up off his bed and went to the bathroom. Once I finished with the bathroom I went to check if he was sleeping and he was out cold. I laid on my own bed and soon felt my eyelids shutting, with sleep taking over.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'd love comments guys
<3