Der Traum

Post Blue

Bang.
I am walking on air...floating...I feel so free. Where am I? Feeling strangely...white. Grey? Blue. My eyes are shifting. I feel the colors changing, but I see nothing. I can hear my heartbeat. Louder, now...beating in my throat. I see a small glimmer of light. I feel my feet touching...ground? I take an uncertain step towards the light. What happened? A sharp pain runs through my lungs. Have I been breathing at all? I take a deep, gasping breath. My nerve endings begin to tingle. What's happening to me? I hear a slow and steady sound...beep...beep...
I wake up to a blinding white light. Upon closer inspection, I notice...a shadow? The light fades and the figure slowly becomes a man. He has short, blonde hair and tired, blue eyes. He looks around thirty and is dressed in a long, white robe with golden accents. His posture is excellent. He reaches his hand towards me gently.
"Don't be afraid..." he says. I reach up and touch his hand weakly. I see yet another bright light, and feel a sudden rush of air The smell of coffee and roses entertains me. My vision returns gradually. After blinking a few times, I look around curiously. I am lying on a bed that has been perfectly made. The sheets are solid black and the walls are a pale white color. I move slightly and feel the soft cotton brush across my arms. I push myself up into a sitting position on the queen-sized bed. I slide my feet onto the soft, white carpet. My legs are somehwat weak, but I am still able to walk. I approach the door, my heart pounding heavily in my chest. Who has brought me here? What have they done to me? I bite my bottom lip anxiously. I turn the door knob quietly, and crack the door. I hear nothing at first, but after a moment or two I can hear footsteps prodding down what sound like stairs. Following the footsteps, I see a young man, around 20, dressed in khaki cargo pants and a polo shirt. he has ear-length, chocolate brown hair hanging slightly in his face. Is he the one who has brought me here? The man dissappears in a matter of seconds. He must have gone into another room.
What should I do? I began to bite my thumbnail in contemplation. If I'm already here, what more could they do to me? If they have intentions of hurting me, it's only a matter of time before they have their way. So, why stall? If my life is going to end here-
My thoughts are abruptbly interrupted by the door swinging open, barely missing my face. I gasp in suprise at the brown-haired man standing in the doorway. I stumble backwards, almost falling to the ground. The man's face turns into a smile.

"Woah, there," the man begins, "Careful, now...I don't bite. Hard." He finishes with a wink.

"Who are you?" I ask, grabbing ahold of a lamp that had been sitting on the dresser.

"What are you going to do? Lamp me? Hahaha. Pleased to met you, too." The man approaches me with his hand outreached. I stare at him, tightening my grip on the lamp in my hand. "I see, then. I am Drew. And this is your new home," he says, gesturing to the unfamiliar surroundings.

"Drew?" I start, unsurely. "And where exactly am I? What have you done to me?"

"I know you must have a bunch of questions, and I can answer them. But for now, you're gonna have to trust me enough to put down the lamp and-"

"Drew!" He is interrupted by a strong voice coming from the door. I don't have a clear visual of the man,because the door is standing in the way. The voice seems strangely familiar...

"Shutup! You're gonna scare her, dumbass!" Drew yells in response, while gesturing to me. The man steps into the room and looks directly at me. The angellic man I saw earlier is standing before me, wearing more casual clothes.

"Drew, I told you not to wake her! Must you ruin this as well?" he says, sternly.

"She was already awake! I came to check on her and I all but walloped her in the face with the door." The angellic man's face becomes softer, now. He turns towards me and gathers himself.

"I apologize for Drew's inconsiderance towards you. He doesn't conduct things properly, you see. Never has. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Leo, the owner of this establishment." He extends his hand for me to shake it, but I keep ahold of my lamp, instead. "Alright, then. Let's give you the answers you deserve."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment, rate, subscribe. If you happen to find any spelling/lapses/grammar errors, I would be glad to be informed. Constructive criticism is welcomed.