Status: One Shot

The Music Not the Misery.

Not destorying herself.

"Kimmmmyyy.." Whined my brother. "Where's my jeans. Did you give them back?"

Of course I gave them back. I always do. After all I am the responsible twin.

"I always give it back, Gabe. You just don't take notice." I explained continuing to read a Cosmo magazine that I found laying around in Ryland's bed. The Cosmo magazines where strangely addicting, even though you would never need half the things in there later on in life.

Gabe sighed heavily and angrily. Pacing around the small hotel room. Cursing under his breath, he trotted to-and-fro looking through every nook and cranny for those purple skinny jeans.

Yes, I am the twin of Gabe Saporta. The front-man of Cobra Starship's sister I'm commonly known as. Known to my brother's band, as Kim or Kimmy.

"Fuck it Kim, you have to stop borrowing my stuff. It annoys the crap out of me."

I rolled my eyes at his comment.

"Why don't you fuck it Gabriel. You have to stop shopping in my section. Commonly known as the women section." I shot back at him. He snickered.

"It's not my fault you have such a fat ass that I can fit into your clothes." He said, smiling as he did. That kind of smile that all the fan girl's swooned over. The one that got me hated by jealous 14 year old girls.

I threw a pillow at him. He pulled up his hands in defense from the ball of flying blue fluff. This is how our day pretty much goes. An argument here-and-there. Little bits of sarcasm induced conversations.

Hey, a little sibling rivalry can't hurt?

But underneath it all. I love Gabe as a brother, and I'm sure he feels the same. No matter how far deep inside him it's buried.

Even if we seem like the average brother and sister. Getting along well, very close. Let me tell you now; Gabe isn't all pigtails and lollipops. He has his fat-headedness moments. Along with the fact that he's to protective, not letting a single male (except the band) near me.

You see, I wasn't exactly stunningly beautiful. But I wasn't ugly either. I'm more of a kinda girl who's ass you check out if she's walking down the street. Not the kind of girl who you get into fist fights for. But enough to get Gabe angry.

I kinda look like Gabe now that I think about it. Thick black hair, big brown eyes and of course. The high cheek bones.

The only thing different in appearance with us, was the smile. No matter how hard I tried, I could not get my smile like Gabe's. His was 'make-you-smile-when-I-smile' gorgeous. Mine was just a small polite one, and when I smiled wide and toothy. I looked like a crack head.

"Found them." I heard Gabe call from the bathroom.

'I told him i didn't loose them...'

I thought to myself, annoyed and triumphant.

I rolled back on my purple tights and laced up my pink converse. Grabbing my suitcase as I left Gabe behind.

I started to walk back to the lobby, it was best that I check out. Knowing Gabe would probably forget and remember next year sometime.

I felt a vibration in my pocket. New text message I guessed. Out of habit I pulled out my Iphone Gabe got me for my birthday. There was a text from Vicky.

Hey bitch. Downstairs eating, feel free to join. Ryland is being a retard as always with that british accent. I kinda need someone sane to hang with.
Vicky.

I smiled and started to text back. My eyes were glued to the screen, determined to text her back.

"Oof!" I exhaled as I collided with another person. I fell to the floor, me being really clumsy and all..."Watch where you're going will ya? You could have killed me." I didn't even look up at him. My suitcase fell open, and I tryed to gather everything before the whole world saw my undies.

"Hey! That wasn't my fault. You were just to busy with your phone. Don't text and walk, it's dangerous." I still didn't look up at him. I had some shit in here I really didn't want guys to see. I hurried my pace in packing, making sure to pack everything un-seeable first. Then covering it with a ba-gillion hoodies. Soon enough, the guy bent down to help me.

"Hey, I'm Zac." He said offering me his hand. I looked at it. Glancing at his face for the first time, I saw two brown eyes. Filled with happiness and joy. It made me kinda sick.

But at the same time I was kinda...attracted to him? His baby faced features made me smile and blush for some reason.

I shook my head, snapping out of it.

"Hey..." I stated in a distant tone. Zipping up my suitcase and getting up.

I started to walk briskly towardsthe elevator. Keeping my head down. I don't know why I didn't want to like him. But I did...

Shut up, you do not think he's cute. Plus, he doesn't even look your type.

My conscience said. Weirdly enough, my conscience sounded exactlly like Gabe's voice. I think he's hacked into my brain and programmed me into walking away from hot guys.

He's NOT hot..

The little Gabe voice in my head stated. I shook my head and continued down the hall.

"Hey!" He shouted after me. I could hear his footsteps getting louder. "Mind telling me your name?" He asked politely but at the same time harshly.

I didn't even make eye-contact with him. Just kept walking forward. "Kim." I replied putting on my shades and walking into the elevator.

"Kim ..." He whispered. But I didn't hear of course. I was to preoccupied with replying to the text to hear. Or acknowledge the fact that I have just met the person I was detained to spend eternity with.

...

Vicky suppressed a giggle as I was walking up to the booth. "You guys are so....KIMMY!" She shouted across the whole bar. Various people turned to look at me. Wolf-whistling as they did. I hate bar guys. They were all 40 and perverted.

I mouthed a sarcastic 'Thank You.' to her as I approached the table.

Alex and Nate were throwing straws at each other. They both had terrible aim so it normally ended up in the poor lady-behind-them's drink. Ryland, being good 'ole Ry of course, was checking out every girls ass. Oh he seems cute and innocent on the outside. But he's nowhere near it...

I also noticed a few people I have never met before. They looked like knew them, but didn't know them at the same time. Ever had that feeling...?

The first thing I reconised was flaming red hair. The girl sporting it turned around on mention of my name. She smiled wildly and nudged the guy next to her. He was downing a beer with a slightly shorter and skinnier guy cheering him on.

"Hey there!" The flame headed one stated rather loudly. Not that I minded, she seemed nice. "I'm Hayley."

I smiled politely and shook her hand. I glanced at Vicky for some more information.

"They're from Paramore." She said as if I was the most retarded person for not knowing that. I shrugged at her and turned back to the people.

"I'm Jeremy. And this fucker over here is Josh." The guy previously drinking the beer said in an accent. He licked his lips and burped, earning a hearty laugh from everyone.

"I am not a fucker!.....unless you want me to be one babe..." He smirked, then busted out laughing along with everyone else. Hayley playfully hit his arm and tried her hardest to look shocked. It was soon over come by amusement though.

I rolled my eyes at Josh's cockiness."Hey, I'm Ana"

Then took a sip of Ryland's beer. He of course, disagreed strongly and attempted to take it away.

Then he saw Gabe coming.

These are one of the few things I like about having a older (by 4 minutes) brother being really overprotective.

You get to do any shit to other people and they can't do anything back.

Ryland let go of the beer and looked the other way. I smiled slightly.

"Hey bitches" He called cheerily. Obviously not noticing that Ryland denied me a beer.

"GABE!" They all shout in-sync. I smiled at them. They all loved Gabe. He took a seat next to Hayley, giving her a signature swoon smile.

She seemed immune though. And just smiled back.

We all started talking for awhile. About nothing in particular, just random shit that managed to enter our heads. It was swerving somewhat to Kittens then the new Tony Hawk game.

Vicky looked extremely bored however. Not being able to relate to any of these topics considering she both hates cats and games.

"Where's Zac?" she asked trying to change the subject or something. Everyone shrugged and got back to bickering and Vicky continued to look as bored as ever. I furrowed my eyebrows. That name...At first I just completely looked past the question, not bothering about it. But that name, I just couldn't get out of my head. It just...bothered me....

"Hey guys." Said a voice behind me not to long after.

My. God.

I reconised this voice immediatly. It was the same guy I had bumped into awhile ago. I caught my breath in my throat. My eyes getting wider. He's going to bring it up and Gabe's going to be pissed. I just know it.

Not wanting to look up I stared at my menu. Even though we already ordered our drinks.

"Zac! My whore!" Hayley shouted loudly. "What's been keeping you?"

I still hadn't looked up, although I could feel his eyes on my back. Glancing at me up and down. Gabe fidgeted in his seat for a moment, fighting an annoyed look.

"Oh, nothing. Just ran into some stuff." He smirked at me as he sat in the seat on the other side of me. Gabe's smile was now completely faded, and I think the guys in Cobra noticed.

"Uh...Gabe. This is Zac. He's 19..." Ryland said, giving a little more information than needed. Maybe just to put Gabe at ease.

You see, I was 23. And Gabe very well knew I didn't date younger men.

"Ok...You didn't need to give my whole biography." Zac joked, I must admit. I giggled slightly at his joke. Putting Gabe back in his wary stage.

I honestly didn't like getting Gabe angry. It didn't feel right inside.

Vicky nudged me to introduce myself. I looked up to her with a pleading look. She narrowed her eyes to me giving me a 'You-better-do-what-I-say' look. I rolled my eyes, putting on a fake smile.

"I believe we've already met." I said batting my eyelashes fakely once again.

Zac gave an amused smile. "Yes we have. Quite the pleasure it was." He said in a fake british accent. I couldn't help but laugh this time. I didn't want to, but I did.

Before I could stop myself a giant giggle snort released itself from my lungs. I quickly covered my mouth and turned crimson.

Everyone looked like they were trying to suppress a giggle from my hysterical laughing style. I just flipped everyone off with two hands.

"I see you're warming up to me already" He smiled, looking quite pleased, "We could be best friends."

I forced on a frown, the sides of my lips turning up slightly from his cockiness. Instead I rolled my eyes at him and glanced at Gabe.

His hands were balled up in fists on the table, I don't think anyone else noticed besides me though. Gabe isn't normally like this, he's normally funny and crazy. Except when it came to me.

"Uhh..." I started still looking at Gabe's clenched hands, "I got to go, nice meeting you three." Pointing to Hayley Jeremy and Josh. Making sure not to say four.

I quickly excused myself from the table, bringing my bag along with me.

On my way out of the bar, I was thinking of places I could go to avoid Gabe's pounding questions. Suddenly, I had the biggest urge ever.

This was bad. This was very bad

Everyone has something they hate about themselves, whether it's the size of their nose or the fact that they're a neurotic.

Mine was probably like 100s of others.

I'm a smoker.

I knew it kills me. I knew with every draw I'm rotting away my lungs. But I couldn't stop.

No matter how hard I tried, nothing would stop me.

I sat on the bench outside the hotel. Observing the night of Las Vegas. So bright, so colourful. As weird as it sounds...it calms me.

Just the business of the city, the people. I guess it just makes me feel like there will still be people around when I wake up.

I took a deep breath of fresh air. My dark-nearly-black hair whipping around my face from the wind.

I pulled out the cigarette box I hid oh-so-carefully in my bag. Gabe could never see me with these. He'd kill me.

I lit it, longing for the taste. Closing my eyes as I took my first draw.

Not opening them until I felt someone's presence. I opened one eye, my left. Keeping the right one closed.

"What?" I asked harshly once I saw it was Zac. So it seemed like a regular thing. The truth was though, I'm terrified of someone finding out my secret.

Zac was just standing there. The playfulness in his eye was no replaced with confusion and worry.

"I asked, What do you want?" I demanded again. Putting out the cigarette on the bench to out it.

Zac still didn't answer me, instead he took a seat next to me.

I sighed heavily. "Are you stalking me? Cause if you are I'm so gunna summon Gabe to whoop your ass." I tried putting a little humor into the situation.

He snickered slightly "No, actually I came to return your Paris Hilton shades." He said holding up his hand. Indeed there were a giant pair of white sunglasses.

I blushed hard and played with the lighter in my hand as he dropped the shades in my lap.

We sat there for awhile. In an awkward silence.

"You really shouldn't do that." He said, not making eyecontact.

I felt my insides start to get warm in that guilty feeling. The best thing I could do was act dumb.

"What?" I asked shakily.

Zac was silent for a minute. Then turned to look at me. "Smoking, it's bad for you." he said pointing at the pack.

I looked down at my converse. Did he think I didn't know that?

"I know..." I said in a small voice.

He smirked a little. "Then Kim...why do you do it?" He got me there.

I honestly didn't know why I did it. I guess it calms me. I tend to feel tense all the time, I always feel like I have to somehow please Gabe.

"I don't like nerves..." I fiddled with my bracelet.

"And this takes them away?" God, I was getting annoyed with this boy and his game of Q&A "There are better ways."

I turned to face him, my face squinted up in disbelief. "Ha. Like....?"

I honestly had tried everything that was said to have worked as well as them. Nothing seemed to work.

He snickered slightly. "It's normally a sign of loneliness. A feeling like no one understands you and that you can't get anywhere...." Zac paused."Well, they say love cures it." Woah? Where'd that come from?

"That's so cheesy." I scoffed. This was probably another one of those times when a guy fakes being all sensitive and shit to get in your pants.

He laughed. "It's true. And no, this isn't just another one of those skeems (sp?) to get you into bed."

What the fuck? How'd he know I was thinking that?

I sighed "Surrre." I said sarcasticly.

"I'm serious. I'm not that kind of guy." He explained, blowing into his hands to make them warmer.

Where have I heard that before?

"That's what they all say." I started to scratch off the black nail polish. God I feel for another cigarette.

Zac looked at me with a 'Oh-come-on' look. "Kim. I wouldn't, at least not to you." I started to listen at this point, "Your beautiful, friendly, funny. And even though I just met you, I can tell your a wonderful person. Why would you want to ruin that? Any guy would go to the end of time to get to you. Any guy."

I didn't get it, did that mean him also? A small comforting smile crossed his face.

I looked away from him and pulled out another cigarette. No way am I letting some guy tell me what to do. I tapped it against my leg for awhile, then brought it to my lips. Taking a long hard look at him. Then proceeding to look away to fish for my lighter.

I felt his weight lift as he walked away.

Good ridden...

I thought as his footsteps faded. I brought the liter up to the cigarette hanging from my mouth.

But something stopped me. Something made me stop what I was doing. I took the cigarette out of my mouth looking down at it.

I hate Zac. He had no right to barge into my personal life and tell me what and what not to do.

Not like I'd actually listen to him.

Which was confusing the fact as to why, the slender white stick didn't look to appealing to me anymore.

I sighed. That boy had a way of getting into my head and I hate it.

Suddenly I pitched it far out over the wall. Along with the pack. I didn't do it on will though, it was as if I were meant to do it.

I did the next thing I could think of next. I ran to Zac.

Inside the lobby I went in search for the baby-faced boy that had such an effect on me.

"Zac!" I shouted once I spotted him. He was about to get into the elevator.

"ZAC!" I shouted again even louder. This time he heard his name. He put his hands between the two metal doors and looked around for the caller of his name.

Zac scanned the lobby for awhile until he met my eyes. A smile breaking out onto his face.

He slid out through the horde of people in the elevator, much to their disagreement. I ran up to him.

He grabbed my shoulders and hugged me whispering "Yay, Kimmy's not destroying herself!" softly in my ear.

I giggled slightly. "You're so corny. I hate you."

Zac smiled and pulled back. "I hate you too. I'm glad we hate each other."

I replied, "I'm glad too."

He smiled then kissed the top of my head. Grabbing my shoulder and walking with me back to the rooms.

"...And Zac?" I asked once gathering up the courage to say it.

"Mmm?" He replied.

"I'd like to try that love cure."
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow I read this over and it's SO FUCKING CORNY.

I wrote this a year ago people, don't blame me. I'm pretty sure I wrote this after watching the Notebook.

I was cringing at the cheesiness.