Status: active

One Step At A Time

it's like learning to fly

"Mmmm baby." Devon Tater kissed Allie Miller hard as the party lights swam in her vision. Devon's tongue did a little dance then slid in between her vanilla-sugar coated lips. She pushed her fingers into his hair and sighed. She was making out with the hottest boy she could find at the college party she had snuck into with her best friend Marley-Jude Starr.
After 3 apple martinis she had gotten tipsy and danced her way into Devon's arms. Her eyes glanced over and saw Marley in between some guys legs, eyes closed and lips smashed against his. Ah well, at least he was sexy.

Allie refocused her eyes on Devon, with difficulty. As she got a grasp on the situation, her heart stopped. This wasn't like her. Marley...yes. But Allie always got good grades, stayed in on Friday nights with hot chocolate and Disney movies, and never EVER got drunk and made out with strangers. She knew he wanted more by the way he was pushing his body on hers and cornering her into the wall.

With all her willpower, she pushed him away and set off to find Marley. Grabbing her hand, she pulled a stubborn Mar away from her man. "Whaa? I washavinsomefuhhn?" She was so drunk her words slurred and she was stumbling on the dance floor, away from Allie, to dance to some cheesy Lady Gaga party mix blasting through the speakers. Scolding her and pulling her away, Allie ran outside and put a babbling Marley into her backseat. "Ya, ya know, his li-lips t-t-t-t-tasssssted like li-ike candy-or rotten chinese." Allie sighed and rolled her eyes as she plopped herself into the driver's seat of her Mercedes-Benz.

Marley was mumbling about llamas and ninjas and.... something inappropriate back there. Apparently, llamas were bigger. Giggling, a woozy Allie turned on the ignition and steered out of the driveway and away from the crazy party. With a disgusting water-dripping sound, Marley puked all over her $2,000 minidress and heels. At least it didn't get on the car. Marley didn't even notice though, now she was telling Allie- in detail- about the candy clouds floating above her head. Finally, they arrived at Marley's crash pad.

Mar was an emancipated minor, living in an apartment with her older brother, because her parents were divorced, her dad doing ever other girl he saw at his bar, and her mom spending most of her time on her Blackberry as a high powered business woman. She usually ignored Marley, except when it was a holiday or when she paid all her bills for her-including credit card. She also forced Marley to come to important dinner parties or luncheons sometimes because she was gorgeous and her mom was proud to be able to show her off. With a grunt, Allie lifted Marley up and handed her over to the doorman at the apartment building. He smiled & nodded.

Laughing, Allie chugged her way home. She was nothing like Marley, she lived at home with her overprotective parents who checked her GPA twice a day. Slipping through the door, she tip-toed up to her bedroom and soundlessly shut the door. Her parents didn't have to know anything. With half-closed eyes, she pulled off her pumps, skirt, and tank-top then heaved herself into bed. She had a killer headache. With a pounding head, she slowly drifted off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments please?