It All Started at an Amusement Park

Chapter 14

Two hours. Otherwise known as One-hundred and twenty minutes, or even two-hundred and sixteen thousand seconds.... or somewhere around that range. Why am I telling you this? Because that's how long I have been waiting for Joe to get here, or in other words that's how late he was. Two HOURS late. Seeing as I've been staring at the clock, which now read 10:01, since 8:00. At first I thought he was running a little late, but it just took me until now to accept that he wasn't showing up. And you cannot even imagine how much of a joke I felt like right now: sitting in my dress I bought in the living room; the look of hope still on my face. Waiting for HIM.

Just then the phone rang, which I jumped up to almost instantly, thinking it was Joe. I don't even know why I was excited to talk to him, considering he stood me up. But maybe he was just calling to explain to me why he didn't show up....

"Hello?" I asked, but my excitement dropped when the person who answered me wasn't Joe.

"Hey Sophia," Anne said, "How was the date?" Great. I really didn't want to talk about this right now. But I just decided to tell her the truth.

"He stood me up," I whispered, barely audible. After I told her I felt like crying.

"What?" She asked, as if she didn't believe this. I mean, I didn't know why she wouldn't, considering she thought this would happen. "That's horrible!"

"I know," I agreed, as a tear slipped down my cheek. I wanted to change the subject, so I asked, "What are you doing?"

"Oh, nothing really," she said, "just getting ready to go to this party that Tessa's having. You know Tessa right?"

"Yeah," I said, which wasn't exactly a lie. I met her once and talked to her a little. I guess I knew her.

"Okay," she said. "So, you want to go? I mean, since you didn't get to go out with Joe? It'll help you take your mind off of it, and it'll be fun."

I thought about it for a minute. I just got stood up, so did I really want to go to a party? But then again it could help me forget about it, like she said. So....

"Yeah," I answered. "I'll go. Why not?"

"Awesome," she said, "and that's the spirit. It'll help you forget about tonight. So I'll pick you up in ten minutes?"

I quickly agreed as I hung up the phone. And I meant what I said to her. Why not?

I mean, he probably already forgot about me. Seeing as he didn't show up or call.

Like they say:

Forget The Past, and Embrace The Future.....
♠ ♠ ♠
Two comments. Wow. I'm guessing many of you aren't a fan of fillers? It's okay, I guess. But I hope you at least read it, because otherwise I'm not sure if this chapter will make too much sense....
Anyway, I put something what I hope is a little unexpected in this chapter. I didn't want this story to be so predictable, so hopefully I surprised some of you a little. Message, comment, I would love to know your thoughts.
Chapter dedications. They're getting longer and longer each time, but once again, I'll still give them. This chapter is mainly dedicated to jesstierney and Chasing Stars. No offense to you other commenters, but they're the only two that gave me their opinion on the last chapter. But none the less, I'll still give all you others a dedication. So the other shout-outs go to: Miss Mustache xD, xxxluckyluckyxxx, lozoexx, billie_Z, bemypeterpan, and cutiedwarf. As for the future dedications, since there's so many of you, I've decided to only give dedications if you give me a new comment. For instantce, if all the people I mentioned above give a comment for this chapter, all of you get a dedication. If only two of you do like for the last chapter, only the two of you who did get a dedication. Make sense? Anyway, hope you enjoy this chapter! Let me know what you think! :)