It All Started at an Amusement Park

Chapter 16

As soon as they walked out on stage, I turned to look at Anne, who turned to me with sympathetic eyes.

 

 

"I’m gonna go," I said quietly. Or as quiet as it can be in a club.

 

 

"I’m going with you," she said, while I nodded and started heading to the exit. But as I walked away, I made the mistake of glancing back towards the stage.

 

 

When I looked at Joe, he had wide eyes, and looked like he just realized something. "Yeah, that he stood me up," I mumbled to myself, while I gave him a dirty look, and turned back around.

 

 

"Sophia, wait," he said into the microphone, causing me to stop walking for a second. But only for a second, because then I just shook my head and continued walking. Anne was already at the door, holding it open as she waited for me to walk over to her. I continued walking over to her until I heard footsteps behind me and was spun around.

 

 

"Sophia, please, let me explain-" he started, but I quickly cut him off.

 

 

"What is there to explain? You obviously don’t like me like I thought you did. And I actually started liking you too. But I guess the joke’s on me, huh?" I finished, the hurt showing in my voice and probably in my eyes as well.

 

 

"No, it’s not like that, I-"

 

 

"Just forget it," I said. "What’s the point?"

 

 

And with that I walked out the door, past Anne, even though she was the ride home. I just couldn’t except it, that for the second time:

 

 

She was right.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I lied. But I didn't do it on purpose, I swear. You see, I already have a few ahead chapters written, and I thought that I made Joe explain in this one.... but now that I reread it, I don't. Sorry, he starts to, but she cuts him off. But guess what? To get on you guys good side, I'll post another chapter tonight. And I'll also post it since I wasn't able to post one yesterday. Dedications go to jesstierney, xxxluckyluckyxxx, billie_Z, Chasing Stars for commenting. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, even though I'm still keeping you in suspense for the reasoning. Comments or messages would be appreciated. :)