It All Started at an Amusement Park

Chapter 17

It was about ten minutes until Anne finally walked out of the club to the car. I wonder what took her so long, oh never mind, she was probably telling Tessa that we were leaving. But I wouldn’t think that it would take that long to tell a person goodbye.

 

 

I was going to walk, but I honestly didn’t feel like it. Plus I’d probably burst out in tears along the way anyhow.

 

 

When Anne got in the car, she didn’t say anything. She actually looked pretty pissed off, instead of satisfied like I thought she would be. I mean, she was right, so she should be basking it in.

 

 

"Well," I said, after a long silence. "Why are you mad? You were right, so you should be happy." She looked at me with wide eyes.

 

 

"What am I right about?" She asked, clearly confused. "And why should I be happy about it? My best friend got stood up, and then the guy that stood her up just goes and does something else. And to top it all off, he doesn’t even tell her and feels all sorry about it when he gets caught. He even tries to go after you to say he’s sorry like the routine, but I stopped him by punching him in the face-"

 

 

"What?!" I exclaimed, surprised that she did that. "You punched him in the face? Why?"

 

 

"Um, hello, you’re my best friend. And he clearly upset you. He wasn’t going to come out unharmed," she explained, like this should be the most obvious thing to do.

 

 

"Oh my gosh," I said, shaking my head and laughing a little. "I can’t believe you did that."

 

 

"That’s what best friends are for," she said, smiling. "Oh, and what was I right about?"

 

 

 

"You were right," I repeated with a straight face. "He broke my heart, and I’ve barely known him a little over a week, two tops. I’m pathetic, aren’t I?" I asked, looking down.

 

 

"Look, when I said that, I didn’t know it would actually happen again. If I did, I wouldn’t have said it. I didn’t say it to be right, I was just angry," she said, "and no, you’re not pathetic. The pathetic thing is that this is happening to you. Bad luck."

 

 

"Yeah," I said, agreeing and shaking my head at the thought. "Bad luck," I repeated silently.

 

 

As we pulled into the driveway, she offered to stay with me, but I just told her I’d call her tomorrow; since right now I just wanted to be left alone.

 

That night, surprisingly, I didn’t cry myself to sleep. I guess I was just fresh out of tears.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gosh, this sucks doesn't it? I'm still keeping you in suspense, I'm sorry. But I like this chapter, it gives an example of the term 'That's what friends are for'. :) So I hope you enjoy. Once again, this chapter is dedicated to jesstierney, xxxluckyluckyxxx, billie_Z, and Chasing Stars for commenting. Let me know what you think! :)