It All Started at an Amusement Park

Chapter 18

'It's ah-ah-obvious. Right here's where the party start's with. You and me. All alone. No one has to kn-'

That's what I woke up to this morning. My phone ringing with 'Obvious' by Hey Monday. I fumbled with the nightstand before I finally found my phone. I looked and saw it said 'unknown number'. I decided to answer it anyway.

"Hello?" I asked, in an aggravated voice since I just woke up. I looked at the clock and saw it read 9:30. I finally have off from work and would like one day to be able to sleep in, but I guess that wouldn't be happening. AGAIN.

"Hey Sophia, it's Kevin," the voice said, while a look of confusion came onto my face. Out of all the people to call, why in the heck was he calling?

"Hi Kevin," I said, but more as a question than statement. But then I realized something. "Wait, how did you get this number?"

"From Joe's phone," he answered. Oh, that's right, I gave him my number. I'm going to have to change it then. "Anyway, I need to talk to you about last night. Joe is really sorry ab-"

"That's all? He's sorry?" I asked, quickly cutting him off. "Look Kevin, he doesn't know what I went through last night, how much of a joke I felt like, sitting there doing nothing for two hours."

"Listen, that's partially my fault," he interjected, then continued, "I told him about the show we were doing last night as soon as he got home from visiting you. That distracted him from remembering-"

"No Kevin,"I interupted him again, which I felt bad about, but continued to anyway. "If the date was that important to him, he wouldn't have forgot about it. And if he did have something else planned, he could of at least called me, instead of making me wait two hours." And with that I hung up on him, because I honestly didn't feel like disussing this right now. As soon as I put the phone down, it started ringing again.

'It's ah-ah-obvious. Right here's where the party starts with. You and me. All-'

"Hello?" I answered, my voice more irritant. I mean, seriously. I had a right to be.

"Soph, it's Nick,"the voice said as I rolled my eyes. He was running out of brothers to call me.

"If you're calling about Joe, which I know you are, I'm not really in the mood. So I'm hanging up," I said annoyed.

"But, it's just-" I cut him off by hanging up the phone. Hey, I warned him, didn't I?

This time I didn't even get to put the phone down because right after I hung up, it started ringing.

I seriously needed to get a new ringtone.

"What?" I practically shouted. I mean, who else could be calling me. He only had two brothers.... oh wait, Frankie! As much as I hated Joe right now, I wasn't mad at Frankie. "Oh my gosh, Frankie, I'm so sorry-"

"Sophia, this isn't Frankie. It's Danielle," the person said, while I sighed in relief.

"Oh," I said, "I just assumed it was Frankie because Nick and Kevin already called and he's the only brother left, so...." I trailed off, sounding like an idiot.

"It's okay," she said, "and besides, Frankie isn't exactly caught up with what happened last night. He's still trying to figure out why Joe locked himself in his room-"

"He locked himself in his room?" I interupted. I was sure being rude today.

"Yeah, that's kind of why I called you," she replied, "he's been in his room since they came home last night. Nobody has seen him walk out or anything. He's really upset."

"So? He upset me. I waited for him for two hours and he doesn't show up, call, anything. He'll never know how it feels..." I trailed off, starting to get teary eyed. Great, just great!

"Listen Sophia, he really likes you, and by your tone of voice you obviously still like him too. And you can believe me when I say it, because I know how you feel. I've been stood up before, but the guy who stood me up didn't try begging me for forgiveness, so that's how I know Joe really likes you."

"He hasn't begged me for forgiveness," I stated, because he didn't.

"He tried to, at the club. But you ran off and didn't give him the chance, and your friend punching him kind of slowed him down. But if you came over here and gave him another chance to-"

"But how do you know he really likes me?" I asked, still wondering.

"Because. Look, don't tell him I told you but he came to me asking for advice. On how to impress you. And believe me, when he does ask a girl for advice, if he ever does, he usually goes to Kevin. But he didn't ask Kevin like I thought he would, he asked me."

"Really?" I asked, not believing it.

"Yes. So would you please come over and talk to him?"

"Fine," I said, "Give me an hour to get ready and then I'll be over."

She agreed as I hung up the phone.

I'll admit that I was lying through my teeth. All I can say is he'll soon know how it felt.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one I guess has the explanation of why he didn't show. But he didn't say it, Kevin kind of told Sophia and.... well, you know the rest. I forgot what I wrote in these chapters, I'm sorry. But just does apologize, in a romantic way. I promise you that, because I remember that part. If the end of this is confusing you, don't worry about it, Because it'll be explained in the next chapter. Comments? I got three for the last chapter, not that I don't appreciate it but where did all my other commenters go? It seems like you all just disappeared! But none the less, this chapter is dedicated to jesstierney, billie_Z, and Chasing Stars, because I appreciate them commenting. Thanks to you three, and I hope you all enjoy this chapter! :)