It All Started at an Amusement Park

Chapter 19

What did I mean by that, exactly? Well, instead of going over to Joe's house, I decided to stay home. Shows how mature I was being. But, Danielle had pracitcally begged me, which most likely meant that he was waiting for me to come over. So I decided to do the same exact thing he did to me; more or less, but still the same thing, so that he knew how I felt. But I knew my actions would cause someone to call me, so I wasn't all surprised when my phone started ringing. I think I changed it too soon.

'Hello Brooklyn, hey LA, take the streets all night, cause we sleep all day, when the wor-'

"Hello?" I said in proper greeting, not bothering to check the caller I.D., because it was most likely one of the Jonas'. The problem with that was I didn't think about which one.

"Listen, you don't have to talk to me," Joe said quickly, probably thinking I was about to hang up on him, "but at least go out on your balcony and look down on your front yard."

"Why?" I asked, beginning to feel paranoid [no pun intended]. How did he know the balcony was off of my room?

"Just do it," he said, then quickly added, "Please."

"Fine," I said, getting up from my bed to go out on the balcony like he said. "But I don't know why...."

I trailed off, mid-sentence, because of what I saw on the front yard below me. Beautiful red roses were arranged so that they spelled out in large letters "I'm sorry". I stood there, not being able to speak, but I didn't have to, since someone else started speaking first.

"I really am sorry," the voice said. I turned to my right where the voice was coming from to see Joe standing there, holding yet another rose, but this one an electric blue color, even more beautiful than the red roses. He must of been one hell of a climber to be able to get up here.

"How did you..." I started off, then noticed the ladder at the side of the balcony. "Oh, never mind. Did you do all of this?" I asked, gesturing to the roses beneath on the front yard.

"Yeah, in order for you to forgive me. So, do you?" He asked, holding the blue rose out to me.

"I don't know Joe," I said, while his expression fell. I didn't like seeing him upset so I added, "Well, at least not without an explanation."

This seemed to cheer him up a little. He then started explaining, "Well, when I left your house yesterday, I already knew of the perfect date. But when I got home, I forgot about it because Kevin told me we were doing the show. And I tried to tell him about the date, but he just kept going on and on about the show, not letting me get my word in; causing me to forget about it."

"So, I have to kick Kevin's ass for standing me up then, not yours?" I questioned jokingly. He laughed at that.

"Well, no, mine too," he said, "because I at least should of called you and told you I had to cancel. But that's why I'm apologizing, because I feel horrible and after suffering a punch from your friend last night-"

"Oh yeah, she told me about that," I said. Did I mention he had a black and blue eye? "Did it hurt?" I asked, although I'm pretty sure it had.

"Like hell," he answered, "she has one hell of a punch."

"Well I would say I'm sorry, but you had it coming to you since you stood me up," I said, frowning a little.

"I know, and you don't have to apologize for it," he said, "because I'm apologizing to you."

"I'll forgive you," I started, then added, "when you take me on a real date. And don't forget about it this time," I said, while pointing my finger at him jokingly.

"Deal," he said, laughing a little. "How about we go to lunch?"

"That isn't the date, is it?" I asked disbelievingly. I mean if it was, he sure did plan fast.

"No, trust me," he said, while chuckling, "I have something a whole lot better in mind."
♠ ♠ ♠
So, here it is! I keep you in suspense no longer. :D Sorry if it's not the excuse you were expecting, I'm not good at making things surprising. Oh, and sorry if it sounds corny, with the roses and all, but I liked it. :) I'd love if a guy did that for me. As for the comments... jesstierney, I wasn't sure if you were mad about the last chapter or happy, lol. But in the end you said you liked it, and that's what I was hoping for. :) billie_Z, you guessed correctly, she didn't go over to Joe's house like she said she would. So, I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing that you knew what was going to happen. Does that mean this story is predictable? But thanks for commenting, appreciate it. :) And Chasing Stars, thanks for commenting. It's nice to know what you think of each chapter. :) This chapter is dedicated to you three for commenting! I hope you enjoy this chapter. :)