It All Started at an Amusement Park

Chapter 2

After a long day filled with screams of amusement and the noise of the rides, my shift was finally coming to an end.

"It's time for closing, Sophia," Ed, the night guard said.

"About time," I said. As I was walking out of the park, I figured everyone had left. But that was until I saw three cars in the parking lot. I knew the one was my uncle's, considering he's my ride home. But the other two I weren't sure about. I decided to ignore the other two cars, heading over to my uncle'scar until I heard my name being called.

"Sophia," The person shouted. I couldn't see who it was because of the shawdow, but as they came closer I saw perfectly who it was.

Joe.

"Oh, hey.... Joe," I said, unsure of why he was talking to me, "What are you still doing here?"

"Oh, you know.... just hanging out," He said. I nodded. "But I figured I should come over here and give you a second chance."

"A second chance?" I asked, confused.

"Yeah, a second chance with this," He said, pointing to himself. Was he serious? I just raised an eyebrow as he said,"Are you an angel? Cause you must of fallin' from heaven."

I just laughed as I said, "If that line were any cornier, I'd have to harvest it."

"Oh, Joe, you just got poned again!," The one guy that kind of looked like him, that was withhim earlier, said. He held out his hand, "I'm Kevin by the way."

I shook his hand and nodded. Just as soon as I let go he said, "Joe, we have to go man."

"Alright," Joe said, as they started walking away. But as they were walking away, he turned around and asked, "I'll catch you later then?"

I scoffed. "Only in your dreams."

Kevin apparently heard this because he said to Joe, while laughing, "Man, your pickup lines just aren't working today."

But Joe just simply ignored him, seeing as he winked at me just before he turned back around.

As I walked back to my uncle's car, a thought came to mind:

Something's telling me that this boy just won't give up!
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! I have a few subscribers for this story! I thank those of you who are, I appreciate it. This chapter isn't that long either, but hopefully the next one is. Again, message or comment telling me your thoughts. Or you can be a silent reader, I don't mind. Thanks again for those of you reading! :)