It All Started at an Amusement Park

Chapter 20

"Okay, you're going to have to put this on," Joe said as soon as we got in the limo he rented, handing me a blindfold. We were finally going on our date, but now I had to be blind folded? What is that?!

"Joe, we're finally on a date, and I don't even get to see where we're going?" I asked, a little annoyed, then added to be funny, "I mean, how do I know we won't start driving and you'll kick me out on the side of the road and abandon me?" I asked with a not to sure look.

"Ha, you're hilarious, but I would never do that," he said. "Trust me."

"Sadly, I have no choice," I said as I put my blindfold on, hearing him scoff at my remark.

We drove for a good ten to fifteen minutes until the car finally stopped. As soon as Joe opened the door, I instantly smelt salt water.

"Joe, are we at the beach?" I asked with a knowing smirk.

"We are, but that's not where the date's at," he answered, while I tried to give him a questionable look. It was a little hard with the blindfold on.

"Well, can I take the blindfold off?" I asked.

"Not yet," he said, taking my hand and leading me somewhere, "but you can..... now!" He exclaimed, stopping me. When I took off the blindfold, I couldn't believe my eyes.

"Oh my gosh," I said, not believing my eyes. In front of me was the beach, which I already figured out, but what I wasn't expecting was the yacht. Since it was night time, it was all lit up and swaying with the waves of the ocean. So I'll make the statement everyone would be thinking right now: It's so romantic!

"So, do you like it?" Joe whispered in my ear, while he wrapped his arms around my waist. I was speechless, so I responded by nodding my head.

"I'll take you not talking as a good thing," he added while chuckling a little, making me smile.

He then started leading me to the yacht as I thought this was a night I'll remember for the rest of my life.

>>------------------------------------------------------------------>>

"So, tell me about yourself," Joe said, while we were served our food at the table on the deck of the yacht. "Well, besides what I already know," he said, smiling sheepishly.

"Well, what do you want to know?" I asked, then rephrased it, "Or should I ask, what do you already know?"

"Not much," he said, answering my second question. "Just that you live with your uncle, you work for him, and all the details."

"Oh," I said, knowing that he said 'and all the details' so he wouldn't have to bring up my parents. "How about some basic facts?" I asked.

"Alright," he agreed, thinking of a question. "Favorite color?"

"Purple and green," I said, while he gave me a look that I couldn't read. "I know, so Barney right, but I happen to think the look good together."

"That's okay. I like Barney," he said, making me smile. "Favorite singer or band?"

"Now you of all people should know it's hard to pick just one," I said with a laugh, "but a few that I like are All Time Low, Boys Like Girls, Hey Monday, 3 Doors Down, Daughtry...."

"What, no Jonas Brothers?" He asked sarcastically, causing me to laugh.

"You didn't let me finish," I stated, then added just as sarcastic as he did, "besides, those are just bands I like, so the Jonas Brothers would be under the ones I love."

When I said this, it caused a huge grin to spread across his face, which made me laugh again.

At leat he knows how to make me laugh.....

>>-------------------------------------------------------------------->>

A little while after we finished eating, Joe asked me if I would like to dance.

"But there's no music," I said, stating the obvious.

"Ah ah ah," he said, holding up his index finger, as a gesture to wait a minute. He then clapped his hands three times and as if this was on cue, three guys with violins came out. I smiled as they began to play a violin version of the song 'You and Me' by Lifehouse.

"Shall we dance?" Joe asked, sounding sophisticated, making me giggle, while holding out his hand.

"We shall," I answered, taking a hold of his hand. Once we started dancing, Joe started singing along with the song quietly in my ear:

'What day is it?
And in what month
This clock never seemed so alive.'

As he continued to sing and we danced, I thought of what I thought earlier.

This is definetely a night I'll always remember.

'Cause it's you and me
And all of the people
With nothing to do
Nothing to lose
And it's you and me
And all of the people
And I don't know why
I can't keep my eyes off of you.'
♠ ♠ ♠
Aw, this one's so romantic like the last one, except this one has little more romance. Sorry if it's too sappy for you, but I love it. :) And I just had to add the song by Lifehouse; which is one of my all time favorite songs. :) This chapter is dedicated to jesstierney, Miss Mustache xD, billie_Z, and Chasing Stars for commenting; I hope you all like it. Posting and rereading this is probably the highlight of my day, because at school today I found out they're not using my article for the school paper. :( I guess I'm not as good of a writer as I thought, or at least when writing articles anyway. :/ Ugh, I'm also a little mad about it too. But no worries, no worries, just felt the need to share that, since it's been bugging me. But anyway, I hope you enjoy the chapter! Messages and comments are always appreciated. :)