It All Started at an Amusement Park

Chapter 21

After we danced for a little while, we decided to go for a walk on the beach. Well, more like I decided, since Joe originally planned to just take me home, but I suggested a walk on the beach at the last second, and he agreed. I mainly suggested it because there was something romantic about being at the ocean at night. It’s fun to do, especially when someone’s with you to cherish the moment.

 

 

"I don’t know how I could ever repay you," I said, as we started walking alongside the shore, hand in hand. "What you did tonight was..... magical. I have never had a guy do that for me before, so I thank you for it." When I looked over at him, he was grinning ear to ear. I couldn’t help but laugh at that. He looked cute.

 

 

"Well, I have two ways you can. One...." he said, trailing off. I looked up at him and he kissed my lips tenderly. "And two, by listening to what I have to say to you, not nessicarily telling you to say the same thing, but just hearing me out."

 

 

"Of course," I said smiling, pecking his lips and earning a smile in return. This quickly changed as his face turned serious.

 

 

"Okay, I’m not exactly sure how to say this...." Joe started, trailing off in thought. "But when I first saw you at the amusement park, Sophia, I knew you would be different. That probably doesn’t make much sense, since I didn’t even know you at the time, but that’s the feeling I got from you. And it turned out to be right, since you turned me down the second I started talking to you, which I have never seen another girl do before. Or at least have the guts to do it. Anyway, since the moment I knew you were different, it made me like you even more. You make me feel nervous and confident at the same time, which may not seem possible, but it’s the truth. What I’m trying to say is, pretty much since the beginning....." he trailed off, looking into my eyes, "I’ve been in love with you. I love you, Sophia."

 

 

I stood there stunned. Out of all things, that was something I wasn’t expecting him to say. He was in love with me? What was I supposed to say to that? That I loved him back? I’m not really even sure what love is.

 

 

"Like I said," he added, since I hadn’t said anything, "don’t feel pressured to tell me the same thing. I just wanted to let you know." He smiled a little, then grabbed my hand. "C’mon, I should probably get you home." He started pulling me to walk with him, but something stopped me.

 

 

"Wait, Joe...." I said, finally speaking.
♠ ♠ ♠
Left this one on a cliffhanger! Don't hate me, had to do it. Well I didn't have to... but I decided to. :) Anyway, Joe confessed his love to her! Oh my gosh, what is she going to say? Any thoughts? Oh, and by the way, if you're wondering what Sophia looks like, I put up a characters page. And what Anne looks like too. Might be helpful, since when I read it's better if I'm able to know what the characters look like. This chapter is dedicated to billie_Z, Chasing Stars, and RebekkahxStar for commenting! Thanks you three, I appreciate it! Especially to RebekkahxStar, since she's a new reader! :) I hope you all enjoy this chapter. Let me know your thoughts. :)