It All Started at an Amusement Park

Chapter 23

'How do you get here under my skin, swore that I'd never let you back in, should've known bet-'

"Yes, Joe?" I answered the phone. I had this song programmed as his ringtone, because, well, it just fit. And I loved the song 'Here We Go Again' by Demi Lovato.

"See, here's the thing...." he started, as I made a sound for him to continue, "I know I promised we'd go to lunch today. And I really wanted to. But I just got a call from a director asking me to be in this movie.... and, well, they kind of wanted to meet about it now. You can come along though, if you want to."

"Woah, Joe, slow down. First off, I'm fine, thanks for asking," I said sarcastically, like he asked me how I was.

"Oh, sorry," he said, chuckling a little at my sarcasm, "that's good to know."

"And secondly," I continued after he finished talking, "It's alright. You're going to be in a movie? That's awesome! I would love to go with you."

"Really?" He asked, as if he didn't quite believe me. "Okay. I'll pick you up in ten minutes."

"Alright," I agreed, "I love you."

"I love you too," he said before he hung up. I smiled after he said that.

It felt good hearing him say that to me.

>>----------------------------------------->>

"Hey," he said, pecking me on the lips as I got in his car.

"Hi," I said, smiling at him. He then pulled out of the driveway and started driving down the road.

"So, what movie are you going to be in?" I asked him, curiousity taking over.

"Valentine's Day," he answered, keeping an eye on the road.

"You're going to be in a horror movie?" I asked, surprised. There was a horror movie called Valentine's Day made in 2001, but it'd be kind of weird if they were remaking it already.

"No. This one's more of a romantic movie. But I'm glad you know your horror movies," he said, smiling at me.

"Oh, I don't. It's just one of the many movies that Anne made me watch before," I said, then decided to change subject, "So, who's you love interest?" I asked, trying to sound casual. I don't think it worked.

"Why?" He asked, looking at me, smirking. Then he asked what he was thinking, "Are you going to be jealous?" He really had to say that, didn't he?

"Psh, no," I said, giving him the most believing look that I could muster up. "Just curious."

"Well, I don't know yet. But we'll probably find out when we get there," he said, looking at me like he didn't believe what I said.

I hated how he could read me like a book.
♠ ♠ ♠
First off, I know that Joe isn't going to be in Valentine's Day after all, but just go with this chapter for now. This chapter was written before they decided not to put him in the movie. Since Joe had 'scheduling conflicts'. But yeah, just go with it. Okay, now for the chapter: I love it! It's cute, and I hope you readers like it too. :) This chapter is dedicated to RebekkahxStar, jesstierney, and Chasing Stars for commenting. I appreciate it, and I'd love if you three would let me know what you think of this chapter. And anyone else, I appreciate anyone's comments. :)
Current News: Is anyone else shocked that Brittany Murphy died? I am. She was only 32. Just felt the need to say about it, sorry if I made any of you sad. :(