It All Started at an Amusement Park

Chapter 26

Beep. Beep. Beep.

It was like my eyes were glued shut. I couldn't open them, not even slightly. But I could hear that dreadful beeping.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

>>------------------------------------------->>

I know I'm awake, but for some reason, I still can't open my eyes. What was going on?

One thing I could hear besides the dreaded beeping, was someone's voice. And they kept on talking to me.

"Sophia, please wake up," the voice pleaded thickly. You know, how you talk when you're about to cry, or like you have been crying. Why was the person upset?

"I'm so sorry," the voice continued, "I told you that I would hold onto you, and I let go for that split second, and you ended up getting hurt."

Wait, holding on to me?

' "I'll hold on if you want me to." '

It was Joe.

But why was he crying? We were skating down the pathway, him holding my hand, we started going faster and then..... he let go. Because I was finally getting the hang of it, and I told him to. But then I managed to trip and fall. It wasn't his fault, so why was he blaming himself?

I tried to move my lips to say something, anything, but nothing happened. They wouldn't move either, like my eyes wouldn't open. I had to let him know that I could hear him.

So since I could feel him holding my hand, I put all my energy towards it. Then finally, I could feel my hand squeeze his.

"Sophia?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay. But here's the chapter. Sorry if it's kind of boring, it's pretty much Sophia waking up from being unconscious. But I kind of got inspired, so I decided to post it. This chapter is dedicated to jesstierney and Chasing Stars, for commenting after the last chapter. I hope you enjoy this chapter! Let me know what you think! :)