It All Started at an Amusement Park

Chapter 27

I was finally able to open my eyes.

 

 

"Joe," I said, my voice all scratchy from just waking up. I saddened when I took a good look at him. He looked like he hadn’t had a good nights rest in days. Wait.... days?

 

 

"How long was I unconscious?" I asked him, concerned.

 

 

"Three days," he answered.

 

 

"Have you been here the whole time?" I asked. He let a few seconds pass before he nodded.

 

 

"Joe, you didn’t have to stay here-" I started, but he quickly cut me off.

 

 

"Yes, I did. Sophia, this was all my fault this happened in the first place. I wouldn’t have been able to live with myself if you hadn’t woken up," he said, a tear slipping down his cheek at the end. I put my hand on his cheek and wiped it away.

 

 

"No, it wasn’t," I said, "It wasn’t you fault. I told you to let go, and you just did what I said. Don’t you ever blame yourself. I’m going to be fine now," I told him, my voice not wavering once, to show him I was confident with what I said.

 

 

"But how do you know that you’ll be fine? You had a concussion, Sophia, and you were out for three days. How do you know?" He asked me with sincerity.

 

 

"I don’t," I said, "But no one ever does. You just have to hope that it will be fine."

 

 

"How can you always be so confident?" He asked me, smiling. I smiled back.

 

 

Just then the door opened and three people walked in. A doctor, my uncle, and..... Anne?

 

 

"Oh my gosh, Anne?" I questioned, while she rushed over to give me a hug. "I’m so glad you’re here!"

 

 

"Well, why wouldn’t I be? Hello, you’re my best friend, and when I heard what happened, I got here ASAP," she said, smiling, while I laughed when she finished. Now I remember why she was my best friend; she’s always here for me.

 

 

When she pulled away, I was a little surprised to get pulled into a hug by my uncle.

 

 

"Hey, Uncle Tom," I said, a little awkwardly.

 

 

"It’s good to see you’re alright," was what he said as a greeting, which I smiled at.

 

 

"Well, Sophia...." The doctor started, "it’s seems that you took a pretty nasty fall. It gave you a concussion, which left you in a coma for three days," he said, pretty much telling me what Joe just did. "We’d like for you to stay here for another night, so that we can do a few more tests to make sure you’re alright. Other than that, unless the tests bring something up, you’ll be free to leave tomorrow."

 

 

"Okay," I agreed, and as soon as I did he smiled and left the room. When he was gone I turned to look at my uncle.

 

 
"So, who is she and when do I get to meet her?" I asked, being straight-forward. He looked at me with wide eyes.

 

 

"How did you find out?" He asked, not answering my question but asking one of his own.

 

 

"Maybe it has to do with the fact of your sudden happiness," I said, and when he still didn’t answer the question, Anne decided to cut in.

 

 

"Oh, c’mon Mr. Fairfield. I’ve even noticed, and I hardly ever see you anymore. In fact, I think Joe’s noticed, and he’s just now meeting you in person," she said, while I saw Joe nod out of the corner of my eye, which made me smile.

 

 

"Her name’s Sarah, and you’ll meet her soon," he said, and then gave me another hug, "I have to go now kiddo. I need to get back to the park and handle some things."

 

 

"Okay. See you later," I said, as he left the room.

 

 

"I haven’t talked to you for awhile," Anne said, making me look at her, "We’ll definitely need to catch each other up later."

 

 

"Yeah, definitely," I agreed, smiling as she left, leaving Joe and I alone.

 

 

"You can leave if you want to," I said to him, smiling to let him know I’d be okay.

 

 

"I’m not going anywhere," he said, grabbing a hold of my hand and making me smile even more.

 

 

"Have I ever told you that I love you?" I asked him, still smiling.

 

 

"Once or twice," he said, making me laugh, "but I wouldn’t mind if you told me again."

 

 

"Well, I love you," I said, giving him a soft kiss on the lips.

 

 

"I love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
There you go. She didn't die jesstierney! I don't know why you keep saying that, but it's funny how you do. There wouldn't be a story without her, so I can't kill her off! Sorry for the delay, I haven't been on due to the fact that it was Christmas yesterday. So yeah, I was pretty busy spending time with my family. Hope you all had a nice Christmas too. The only bad part this year was that my uncle's dog died. :( Isn't that just so sad. :( Anyway, enough with personal stuff. If you want to share what you did over the holiday, go right ahead. I'm kind of bored right now, so I'd love to read something entertaining. This chapter is dedicated to Chasing Stars, jesstierney, and billie_Z for commenting. I appreciate it, and I'd love to hear what you think of this chapter. :) Hope you all like it!