It All Started at an Amusement Park

Chapter 28

"Wait, does your family know where you've been?" I asked Joe, as he signed me out, so that we could leave the hospital. He stayed with me like he said he would last night, and I know that he didn't get much sleep again. I kept on telling him to go home and get some rest, but after the third time I told him he just started ignoring me.

"Yeah, I told them after the accident that I was staying with you until you woke up, and then I called them last night and told them I was staying again since you were able to leave today," he said, some-what tiredly. I stopped walking and stopped him as well.

"Well, I'm driving," I said, "There is no way that you are. You'll probably end up falling asleep halfway home."

He was probably too tired to argue, because he just handed me the keys without a second thought, which I was fine with because I didn't feel like arguing.

Since Joe drove his car here, I would drive it to my house. Then he would drive home, since he slept the whole time I drived to my house. Or at least that's what I thought, but apparently Joe had different plans, because when I got out of the car and handed him the keys, he got out of the car and followed me to the front door.

"What are you doing?" I asked him, an amused smile appearing on my face.

"Can I stay here for a little while?" He asked, while I gave him a suspicious look, so then he added, "I'm really tired, and I wouldn't want to be driving."

"Sure," I said, smiling at him as I opened the door. My uncle wasn't here because he was at the park again.

As soon as we walked inside, Joe went straight up the stairs, while I gave him an odd look. After a minute I composed myself and followed after him, seeing that he went into my room and was laying on my bed, sleeping. I smiled at his sleeping figure, and was a little creeped out that he knew where my room was. But maybe he was able to figure it out since he climbed my balcony.

I took out my phone and snapped a picture of him, because he looked cute. I then laid my phone down on my dresser and laid down next to him, pushing his hair off of his face a little. I then snuggled into his side, while I felt him put his arm around me instinctively, pulling me tighter against him.

I then fell asleep, listening to his rhythmic heartbeat.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I'm mainly focused on this story now, since Puppy Love ended. There will be a sequel to it, but not for a little while. I'm still trying to plan it out and what not. But anyway, I hope you like this chapter. Dedications go to billie_Z and jesstierney for commenting. Not too sure what happened with Chasing Stars, I was a little sad to not see a comment from her, since she comments after pretty much every chapter. But none the less, I hope she comments this time. Sorry this took so long to post, I'm trying to space out the chapters more since I only have a few more typed already. It's not ending soon, it's just that some of the newer chapters haven't been typed yet. Hope you all like this chapter. Comments are appreciated; I'd love to know what you think! :)