It All Started at an Amusement Park

Chapter 31

"I’ll call as soon as we get there," I told Anne, as I hugged her goodbye at the airport. We were taking a plane to get there. And not just any plane, their private jet!

 

 

"You better," she warned, pointing a finger at me. I laughed.

 

 

"Don’t worry, I will," I said, smiling. I saw Joe waving at me to hurry up. "I have to go now. Joe’s impatient."

 

 

"Alright. Bye," she said, as I began to walk away from her and towards Joe. I waved.

 

 

"Alright, I’m here," I said to Joe. He smiled and grabbed my hand, leading to where we got on the jet.

 

 

>>------------------------>>

 

 

As soon as we boarded, I saw the whole Jonas clan, including Danielle. I smiled at all of them. The jet was pretty nice. A seat for each person, a mini fridge, tv, all the nice things that you'd probably expect. Joe took the carry-on bag I was carrying and put it in the storage thing.

 

 

"How have you been?" Denise asked, "We all heard about the accident."

 

 

"Oh, fine," I said smiling, "I’m better than I was. Thanks."

 

 

I saw Joe sit down, and I was about to sit next to him, when Frankie beat me to it. I looked at Joe, who just shrugged. I smiled, then looked to see Nick sitting by himself, so I sat next to him.

 

 

"Hey Nick," I said, smiling. He looked at me and smiled in return.

 

 

"Hey, Soph," he said, using the nickname. I still loved how he did that.

 

 

When the engine of the plane started, I just remembered something. I’ve never been on a plane before, and I was scared to death of them. I shut my eyes tightly, gripping the arm rests of the seat, and felt the tears on my cheeks before I even realized I was crying.

 

 

"Sophia, what’s wrong?" I heard someone say, and after a minute I realized it was Nick.

 

 

"N-nothing," I whispered, still crying.

 

 

"It isn’t nothing. What is it?" he asked, and I felt him grab my hand, which I then started squeezing when he did.

 

 

"It’s j-just," I stuttered, "I just realized this is the first time I’ve been on a plane. I’ve never been on one since my parents..." I couldn’t even finish.

 

 

"Shh, it’s okay," he said, pulling me into him. That calmed me down, but only a little. I then felt the plane start moving, starting to take off. I let go of the arm rests and gripped onto Nick.

 

 

"Sophia?" I heard Joe question, but he sounded distant. I stayed as I was, my head buried in Nick’s chest.

 

 

The plane then started to rise. Oh, gosh. I held onto Nick even tighter, I wouldn’t be surprised if I made finger shaped bruises on his skin.

 

 

Finally, it started to even out. After a minute or two of calmness, I pulled away from Nick.

 

 

"I’m sorry," I said, looking at him, "I didn’t mean to-"

 

 

"It’s alright Sophia," he cut me off, grabbing my hand to give a reassuring squeeze, "and you’re fine. Nothing’s going to happen to you." I didn’t know if he meant on the plane or in a general sense.

 

 

I gave him a small smile, and then I felt really tired all of a sudden. So I laid my head on his shoulder.

 

 

As I drifted off to sleep, I could’ve sworn I felt Nick kiss the top of my head.

 

 

But I was probably just imagining things.
♠ ♠ ♠
Did I mention Sophia has a fear of planes? Sorry I kind of just put it in there, I forgot to mention it at the beginning of the chapter. But there'll be an explanation why she is later on in the story. Or wait.. maybe I already said. Sorry, I have a hard time remembering what I wrote in these chapters, since I wrote most of them a while ago. But anyway, if I did explain why, it will be explained again why she fears planes. Oh, and this is where the drama begins! Most of you can probably predict what's going to happen. Don't know if I made it that predictable. And just so you guys know, that Chloe girl that's in Camp Rock 2... you know, the one that plays Nick's love interest whose last name I can't think of at the moment... she won't be in the story. Or at least she's not going to be his love interest. Someone else is... and I'm pretty sure you can guess who. Anyways, I'd love to hear your thoughts, predictions, questions, anything that's on your mind. I got a lot of comments after the last chapter. Well, I thought there were a lot anyhow. :D This chapter is dedicated to those loyal commenters: jesstierney, bemypeterpan, Chasing Stars, billie_Z, and NICKnEMMA4ever! Thanks to all of you, I hope you enjoy this chapter! 39 subscribers! Woo! Thanks! :D