It All Started at an Amusement Park

Chapter 35

okay"Joe?" I questioned, knocking on his door. I waited until he gave the okay to open the door. I stood in the doorway wide-eyed.

"Oh my gosh," I said, "what did you do to your hair?"

"I cut it," he said, looking at me, "why, don’t you like it?"

I was a little taken aback by this question. I didn’t want him thinking I was insulting him, and by his tone I could tell that’s exactly what he thought.

"No. Actually, I love it," I said, walking towards him, "I was just caught off guard, that’s all. I think it looks pretty sexy, actually." I sat down next to him on his bed. As soon as I did, I ran one of my hands over his hair, to emphasize my point. He smiled.

"I’m glad you approve," he said, leaning over and placing a kiss on my lips. I smiled in return. "Since I got done filming early, I felt it was necessary for a change."

"You’re done already?" I asked, not believing him. He nodded.

"Yeah, aren’t you going to be done soon too?" He asked, raising his eyebrows.

"I don’t know...." I trailed off, honestly not knowing the answer. "Probably, though. I didn’t think to ask."

When he nodded, I finally remembered what I came in here to talk to him about.

"Oh, there was a reason I cam in here," I said, "Joe, I need to talk to you about something...."

"What is it, Sophia?" He asked, a look of concern appearing on his face.

"It has to do with Nick. I..." I trailed off, not really knowing if I should really be telling Joe this or not, "I think he likes me."

When I looked back up at Joe, he didn’t seem so shocked by this. He was, however, looking at me questionably.

"Okay...." he trailed off, obviously not knowing what I meant, "A lot of people like you Sophia-"

"No. That’s not what I mean," I said, cutting him off, "by likes, I mean he like-likes me, like how you feel for me..." I trailed off, knowing this was not coming out as clearly as I wanted it to. But I think Joe was beginning to understand what I meant. Instead of flipping out or getting angry about it though, he asked something I wasn’t expecting him to.

"Do you love me, Sophia?" He asked, looking into my eyes. I nodded.

"Of course I do, with all my heart. But why are you asking-" I started to say, but he cut me off.

"Because. If you love me, then you already made your decision. Now all you have to do is tell Nick," he said, taking my hand.

"But I already tried that, and he wouldn’t let me speak. He just went ahead and jumped to conclusions," I said.

"And what was his conclusion?" Joe asked, stroking the back of my hand with his thumb.

"That I love you, and you were my choice. Which is the truth, but he just made it seem so harsh," I said sadly, looking down.

"Hey," he said, bringing my chin up with his finger, so that I was looking at him. "It’s alright. Nick’s just mad about your decision right now, that’s all. In a few days he’ll get over it. So don’t worry about this. It’s only natural for him to be acting like this. You can’t blame him for being mad."

"Yeah, I guess you’re right," I said softly, smiling a little. I then scooted toward the head of the bed and laid down, placing my head on the pillow. Joe soon joined me and put his arm around me. "He’ll get over it."

I felt Joe lightly kiss my forehead as I drifted off to sleep.

I could only hope that Joe was right, and that everything would turn out to be okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, first off, like I tried to explain in the last chapter, I wrote this chapter before Joe cut his hair. Ergo, the reason for her reaction in the first part of this. Sorry for keeping you in suspense, but you finally got to read Joe's reaction. What do you think? I'm trying to keep things unpredictable people, so I couldn't have him get mad, because that's what most of you readers probably suspected would happen. But anyway, do you think Joe's right? Will everything turn out to be okay? I'll leave you to your thoughts. Dedications go out to Chasing Stars, NICKnEMMA4ever, jesstierney, billie_Z, x-believer-x, and Godess_Septimus for commenting! You guys rock, so please, keep commenting! They encourage me to post more. And anyone else reading this, I love hearing from new commenters! :D
News: Let me know what you think of this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfofcQjVxt8
It's honestly making me start to like Demi a little less. :( I mean, is there really a reason to act like this? Let me know what you think.
Oh, the Grammys! One broad subject, but felt the need to say about it. Taylor Swift won four awards... :/ And she supposedly dropped one. Beyonce won... five? Yeah, I think that's right, or something like that. What do you think was the best part of the evening? :)