It All Started at an Amusement Park

Chapter 38

I was currently looking through different apartment ads, while trying to balance out my maid of honor duties. Just so you aren’t out in the cold, here’s how the rest of the conversation with my uncle went:

"What?!" Joe and I exclaimed at the same time.

"Well, since you’re eighteen, Sophia," he said, explaining why I had to move out, "I think you’re perfectly capable of living by yourself."

"You also want me to move out so that you and Sarah can have the place to yourself," I added, with an obvious sort of tone. When he did not deny it, I continued, "And what’s this with you wanting Joe as your best man? You barely know him."

"True," my uncle agreed, "but since he’s dating you, Sophia, I figured it would be proper. You know, so that he fits in more with the family."

"But-" I started, not getting too far seeing as Joe interrupted.

"I would be honored to Mr. Fairfield," he said, which made me give him a questionable look.

Later on I asked Joe why he agreed.

"I mean, you don’t have to," I added, "when he said to fit in more with the family, he said it like we’re going to get married and he wants to get to know you better before we do. Which-"

"Can’t you picture us getting married?" Joe asked seriously, interrupting me and causing me to go tongue-tied.

"Well..." I trailed off, not really sure on what to tell him. I finally thought of something, "I don’t know, I haven’t really thought that far ahead yet..."

After that he gave me a small smile, not really letting me know if he liked that answer or not.

Anyway, as I said before, I was currently looking for an apartment, as well as trying to balance out being the maid of honor. If you think being a maid of honor is easy... all I have to say is think again.

I had to deal with the dramatic bride all the while planning the bridal shower and bachelorette party.

Sounds like fun, right?

Luckily the bride-to-be wasn’t here at the moment, so I didn’t have to deal with her nagging.

Joe was supposed to call me earlier, but he never did. Today was the day after Kevin and Danielle’s wedding, so maybe that had something to do with it. I was able to go to the wedding itself, but I wasn’t able to go to the reception. Major planning had to be done for my uncle’s wedding, so I had to leave right after the wedding.

So I decided to call Joe. It rang and rang making me think he wasn’t going to pick up; but then he finally picked up after the sixth ring.

"Hello," a groggy voice answered, not sounding like Joe. I asked to make sure it was him.

"Joe? Are you okay?" I asked skeptically.

"Yeah, yeah. I’m fine," he answered, still not sounding too good.

"Are you sure?" I tried again, "Because you forgot to call me this morning. I mean, not that I’ve been waiting all this time for you to call, but still..."

He didn’t say anything after that. Instead I heard him drop the phone and then a minute later I heard a gagging noise in the background. I couldn’t help but make a disgusted face.

"I’m coming over," I said, even though he most likely didn’t hear me. I grabbed my keys off the table and left the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been awhile, hasn't it? Sorry about that, I've been sidetracked with school so much lately. I should've never taken advanced civics. :( Anyway, I wrote this a little while ago, like a long time ago, but not that long ago. Like, it wasn't the day after Kevin and Danielle's wedding like it said in the story. Maybe like a month or so ago... anyways, I'm sorry for holding out. I'm just trying to make this last because next chapter is the last. Figured I should tell you ahead of time so it's not so shocking.
Comments are always appreciated! Or you can follow me or ask me a question:
http://twitter.com/JennaGirl15
http://www.formspring.me/JennaGirl95
Dedications go out to Chasing Stars, bemypeterpan, jesstierney, NICKnEMMA4ever, silent.tears.eternal, and x-believer-x. Let me know what you think of this one! Or anyone else... feel free to comment! :)
P.S.- Figured I better say this now since I don't know when I'll update next. In two days I'll be a year old on here! Woo! Since I joined March 5 of last year! :D
P.P.S.- In case you can't find a reason to comment, I'll give you one. So who's seen Nick filming JONAS recently? By that, I mean the pictures. One word: Hot!!! :D
http://www.flickr.com/photos/overlaplines/4399569145/