It All Started at an Amusement Park

Chapter 4

Great, I thought when I was working my shift, just great. How was I supposed to go out with him if he didn’t tell me where and what time? He didn’t even ask for my phone number. I knew I shouldn’t have said yes, he was probably just looking for the satisfaction that I actually said yes....

"Hey, your uncle just talkied. He needs you for something," Shelby said, and by talkied, she means walkie-talkie, which are at each ride at the park so they can keep track if the rides needed inspected or repaired. Anyways, as Shelby went back to texting on her cell phone, which was prohibited but she still did it anyway, I told her I’d be back. I waited until she put the phone down before I walked away.

This must of been something important, because usually if he has a message, he’d tell me right through the talkie, or through my phone. Not in person. As I made my way to the entrance of the park where his office was, I couldn’t help but start to get nervous. I mean, he never asked to talk to me in person.

As I suspected, he was right in his office, talking on the phone. As soon as he saw me walk in, he told the person on the phone goodbye and hung up the phone. After about a minute of awkward silence, I was the first to speak up.

"So, you wanted to see me about something," I said, making it more of a statement then question.

"Yes," He said, letting my thoughts wander since that’s all he said, simply responding to my question.

"Well," I said, getting aggravated trying to figure out what he wanted, "What is it?"

"Yesterday a boy came in here complaining about how rude you were being to him...," He started. That happened yesterday and he was just now talking to me about it? It wasn’t even that big of a deal.

"I wasn’t doing it on purpose. The kid brought it on himself when he kept complaining about wanting to get on the ride. But you and I both know that he wasn’t tall enough, so I told him to go away," I said, finishing my long explanation. He just gave me a look.

"You didn’t let me finish. Now, I know that the kid wasn’t tall enough. The point is that this is the third person that came complaining to me that you were being ‘rude’ to them," He said, putting air quotes around the word rude. Not sure why he did that.

"Okay, I’ll be nicer. Is that all you wanted to talk to me about?" I asked, starting to back out of his office. Right now I just wanted to get out of here and back to the ride. What’s that telling you?

"Wait....," He said, to stop me from leaving, "I want you to take a break from working. It is summer after all, and since you worked practically every day in the spring, you should take a break. I mean, I know you love working here," He said, ha wasn’t that a laugh, "But you should take some time to yourself. Relax, go have fun with your friends, this is your last summer before college. In fact, your friends are something I also wanted to talk to you about. One of them has been calling the office every five minutes, in fact," He said, while I gave him a surprised look.
Oh, so that’s who he was talking to on the phone when I walked in.

"Really, who?" I asked, because I really had no idea who. The only friend I kind of have is Anne, but I haven’t talked to her since when, because I’ve been working all the time lately.

"Some boy," He said, giving me a pointed look, "He didn’t tell me his name, but he said he talked to you earlier...."

Oh, it was just Joe.

"Okay," I said, but then thought about him saying I’m going on a break from my job, "How long am I going to have off?"

"As long as you need, in fact probably for the rest of the summer. That is, unless I run out of employees or need you to fill in for someone. But that will only be if it’s an emergency, so it probably won’t be at all, unlike what you’re probably thinking," He said, knowing me all to well.

"Anyway, you’re fine to go for today, I already have a replacement. So go on, hurry along," He said, shooing me out. I quickly retreated out of his office, making my way to the parks exit. I finally have some time off!

"Yes," I said to myself, making my way to the jeep.

And believe it or not, I was actually happy to see Joe standing there, waiting for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of short, but then again all of the chapters kind of have been. Anyway, throughout this story they probably will be short, so I'm going to quit saying about it. But hey! I got two comments from the last chapter, which made me happy that someone else finally decided to speak up! Or technically, type up, but you get what I mean. So this chapter is dedicated to Miss Mustache xD, for being a new commenter, and I'll also send a shout-out to xxxluckyluckyxxx, for commenting again! Thanks to you two for commenting! :)