It All Started at an Amusement Park

Chapter 5

"Jonas," I said, walking up to him, smirking.

"Fairfield," He said, returning the smirk.

I looked at him shocked at first, but then asked, "And how did your brilliant mind figure out my last name?"

"Well, when I called the park and asked for you, the guy that picked up said he was your uncle, Tom Fairfield, so I just figured that was your last name, since you're family and all," he said, smiling like he just found a lost treasure.

"You're lucky it was my father's brother, and not my mother's, because otherwise you wouldn't have been right."

"Psh, I'm always right," He said, making me smile. Wait, why was I smiling? "Anyway, I'm here because I realized that I never gave a date and time for the date, because I don't want to go and you not be there...." He trailed off, looking at me, I guess to finish.

"Yeah," I said, "When and where were you thinking?"

"Oh, I don't know, maybe dinner, then a movie," He said, leaning back against the jeep in thought.

After an awkward two minutes of silence, I finally said, "As much fun as it is standing here thinking, I should go." But when I saw the frown appear on his face, I added, "But I could give you my number or something and you could call me when you figure out when we could go out....." I trailed off, realizing I was babbling, while I waited for his response. He just grinned and nodded. I laughed while I reached into my purse for a pen, since he didn't have his phone with him, and wrote down my number on his hand. A little corny, I know, but I had no choice. I then got in the car, but he was still standing there, so I rolled down my window.

"Yes," I asked him with a smile.

"Can I have a ride? Because Big Rob left me here because I wanted to stay and wait for you after lunch...."

"Wait, you've been waiting here since after I saw you at lunch?" I asked, making sure I heard correctly. In return he just smiled sheepishly. There was no way he was that desperate.

"Is this some kind of prank? Or are you really that desperate togo out with me? Because I've been through something like this before and I'd prefer not to again so...." I said, starting to get angry. It was true, this guy asked me out in tenth grade and I wanted to go out with him so I said yes, but it turned out it was part some kind of scheme. The whole school found out and they labeled me as 'Desperate' ever since.

He looked at me with wide eyes as he quickly interupted my rant.

"No, no, no. It's not like that. The reason I'm always waiting around for you is because I really like you. And when I realized I never told you anything for the date I waited for you because I've been wanting to go out with you, and I would've blew it if I didn't wait. I'm sorry if you thought that, I just wanted to see you again, so it's not a prank," He finished, completely out of breath because he explained it all in a rush. When I looked into his eyes, I saw how much concern they showed, almost begging me to listen.

"Really?" I asked, continuing to look into his eyes, making sure they stayed sincere.

"Yes," He said, then for some reasurance, "Postive."

"Okay," I said, "Get in."

He looked at me confused as I added, "You needed a ride, remember?" He smiled as he went to the opposite side of the car to get in the passenger seat.

For the first time in a long time, I finally put my full trust in someone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Miss Mustache xD for commenting after the last chapter. C'mon you guys, I want to hear from all of you. I've heard from Miss Mustache xD and xxxluckyluckyxxx already, and just so you know I'm not stupid. They're eight people subscribed to this story, so that means six of you haven't said anything. I'd appreciate if one of you other people commented, or messaged... anything. Please? :)