It All Started at an Amusement Park

Chapter 8

"Let's play truth or dare," Joe said, sitting on the floor, waiting for us to join him.

"Really Joe, really?" Kevin asked, giving Joe a weird look.

"Well, do you have any other suggestions?" Joe asked him. We all looked at Kevin, who just shrugged and sat down.

Eventually, we were all sitting down. The circle order was me, Joe, Nick, Danielle, Kevin, Frankie, and back to me. Take a guess at who had to start.

"Sophia," Joe said, looking at me. I looked at him, just now realizing how pretty the color of his eyes were. Chocolate brown with a little bit of gold speckled in them. "Truth or dare?" He asked, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Truth," I said, trying to think of what he could possibly ask me.

"Do you like someone in this room?" He asked, hope in his eyes.

"Yes. Next person," I said quickly, but not quick enough because Joe asked, "But who?"

"That's two questions," I said, leaving Joe speechless. Everyone else laughed.

"Okay.... Nick." When I said his name, he jumped. I guess he wasn't expecting me to call on him, "Truth or dare?"

"Um.... truth," He said quietly. After he answered Joe muttered, "Chicken."

Nick apparently heard him because he looked at him and said, "Really Joe? Because Soph said truth and you didn't call her a chicken." Surprisingly, I didn't say anything to him when he called me Soph. I kind of liked the nickname.

Joe didn't say anything, while Nick looked back at me, waiting for the question I was going to ask him.

"Did you really make Miley Cyrus get highlights?" I asked, thinking back to this one magazine interview I read about her. This caused everyone to start laughing, even Nick.

"No, she tends to stretch the truth. She asked me if I thought she'd look good with highlights, and I said yeah, so she got them. I didn't even suggest it to her," he said, while cracking up laughing. I smiled.

"Danielle," Nick said, turning to her, "Truth or dare?"

"Truth," she answered. Right after that Joe said, "Oh my gosh, why are you all such chickens?"

We laughed as Joe put his head in his hands; pretending to be mad.

"Okay," Nick said, "What did you first think when Kevin first asked you out?"

She looked over at Kevin, who was smiling like an idiot. "Well, he was sweet, romantic....," She said, looking off with a twinkle in her eye.

"No, no, he means before you went on a fifth date with him,"Joe said, trying to be funny. We laughed as Kevin slapped him upside the head.

"Ha, ha, very funny Joe," Kevin said, rolling his eyes.

"Okay Joe," Danielle said, raising an eyebrow at him, "Truth or dare?"

"Do you even have to ask? It's so obvious," Joe said, narrowing his eyes, "Dare."

"You think you're so tough?" Danielle asked. Joe nodded. "Meaning you're willing to do whatever I tell you, no matter what it is?"

"Psh, yeah. I'm not scared,"Joe said, leaning back.

"Then you're willing to go outside and run around the block,in just your boxers, while singing the song 'Too Cool'?"

"Of course," Joe said, standing up, "I'll even dance a little bit too. I love that song!"

"Even better,"Danielle said. We all got up and followed him up the stairs. Kevin Sr. and Denise gave us weird looks from the kitchen, but we just kept walking.

As soon as we got outside, Joe stripped down to his boxers. I hate to admit this, but I couldn't help but stare.

"You may want to wipe your mouth, to stop from drooling," Nick muttered to me. While I did that, I smiled sheepishly as I put my eyes back on Joe.

"Okay Joe. One, two, three, go!" Danielle shouted, and Joe started running, then dancing some, as he ran around the block singing 'Too Cool'. By the time he was done, both Nick and I were on the ground, hardly being able to breathe because we were laughing so hard.

>>------------------->>

I stayed with them for about an hour before I told them I should be going. I started walking to the door but was stopped by Joe.

"Wait," He said, turning me around. "I thought of where I can take you for the first date."

"Oh really Jonas," I asked, "Where?"

"Well, since tomorrow's the fourth of July, how about we go to the fireworks together at 9:00?" He asked, then added, "I mean, my family's going too, but we could go off seperately, if you want."

"I wouldn't exactly call that a date Jonas. Considering your family is going and all," I said with a smile, "But I'll go anyway, since I like your family."

"Oh, but you don't like me?" He asked, acting surprised.

"You'll just have to wait and see," I responded, poking him in the shoulder and them smirking.

With that, I turned around and walked right out the door.

The rest of the night my mind was crowded with thoughts about how tomorrow will turn out.

If it goes the way everything else has been going, it will turn out good, which would be perfectly fine with me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I know I said I wouldn't post, but I did anyway. But only because xxxluckyluckyxxx and Miss Mustache xD both commented. I thank both of you. As for the rest of you: really? I ask for one new comment or message from someone new, and no one says anything! And there's eight other subscribers. I'm sad now. :( I'll continue to post though, for the two of you who are reading. :)