Cadaveria

To be or not to be? II

I must admit it. Right then I knew I could give up my life just to watch his smile forever. Forever is a word I had never liked. It meant compromise, it meant lack of freedom, but now It seemed to be a gourmet dish in my lips.

Oh but he was soon bored and threw the microphone with disdain, apparently marveled by the precious sound of it hitting the stage. And that juveline smile of his, came back when he sensed my amusement. Lestat is so alive when he wants to, when he feels the flow of joy, desire or blood. He can get to be tireless and energetic, but you must have deduced this after reading his autobiography right?

Well as Louis once said, Lestat needs actions to feel more wildly his surroundings. I learned that from him, really quickly. I don't think he has ever regret his immortality, but I guess he felt obligated to test my abilities. I knew he would test me, but I had no idea what he would do. I should have it seems obvious now...

In another violently fast movement he was leaping and spinning on the air to land so stylishly behind me. His black cape undulated with the wind, and gave a theatrical aspect. Lestat placed his hands on my shoulders and he bent down to my neck. I tilt my head back giving him full access, but he just whispered in a tone that left me drowsy.

"To be or not to be? That is the question ma Chere!"

"I want to be..."I murmured throwing my head back resting on his chest, just wishing he wouldn't move. Lestat frown his eye brow in another cocky gesture, then he rose up his lips not touching my neck, but painfully close to it. I could feel his cold breath against me, freezing my darkish skin.

"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them?"

Lestat does love Shakespeare, and vampires have a peculiar memory for the things they adore, or despite. He moved apart, and I suddenly felt abandoned. I was aching for his rough tender touch, his metallic gleam, him... He felt my desire with a bit of excitement, but he merely turned his manners into classier. Twitching his lip just to entice his expression.

Next I felt a strange sign directing me towards the stage, it was him! Lestat was in my mind telling me to go sit, and wait for him. And he disappeared beyond the grades. Lurching himself dramatically to the other side. All I saw was his cape, like a wing covering him.
Then I took seat by the stage and remained still, not allowing myself to think in anything except him. I would had never handled to analyze all the implications, all the possibilities and consequences. So I sat.

Not 5 minutes passed, when I saw his dark figure entering the forum. He was holding something on his arms, more exactly someone. Lestat walked to me, with a girl on his arms. She must have been 20, her eyelids were shut, and her pale, pale skin contrasted the black cape that Lestat had wrapped her in. Her black hair rolled down, as she pressed herself to Lestat. Her marmol like lips were tight to his chest and somehow I felt a thing on my spine. Fury, she was a mortal touching him. I thought I was the little special mortal there!
I was uncomfortable, uneasy, and he smirked right the second he felt my jealously. He was making eye contact and he was greening at me then glaring at the girl carelessly, as in telling me: Oh don't worry, she is just a meal.

He let go of the girl almost tenderly, and he pushed her towards me. Her beauty was simple "delicious" to put it in Lestat words. I rose my hand and gently stroked her cheek. She was sleepy, but soon realized she shouldn't be there. Her eyes went wide and she stepped back crashing with Lestat.

And his smile had turn playful and somehow evil. A tasteful evil. Vampires are killers with style. He started playing around with her, crossing her way, and smiling when she tried to push him aside. He was strong enough to just make her go back,and he was having fun. Like a kid trashing his new toy. Lestat placed the girl right in front of me, and showed her his fangs. Her screams were silenced by his hand, and the words so softly spoken.

"Do not fear my dear." He was looking at me, indicating me to pay special attention. When he immobilized the pale girl, and reached for her neck. Ever so tender he uncovered his fangs nailing them to her neck. She resisted, she tried to fight back, but Lestat was sucking the blood in a sensual way. Taking drop by drop, closing his eyes in pleasure, sucking at slow pace enjoying everything around him. I could see the lust on his mouth, on his lips. He was confident and yet looked vulnerable, in a state of deep devotion, lust yet weakness. Somehow it made him more and more attractive.

I was supposed to hate the scene but I loved it, I loved him in that second, and the blood sliding down his chin. His bloody sweat on his hair. Everything was impossible. Even the corpse on the floor.

"To be..." I pronounced when he came to me, wrapping his arms around me and his new warmness came through me, when he kissed me and then barely touching my neck. He made a cut, just a point.
Then nothing*