Cadaveria

Echoes of immortality

When I woke up, the sun shined into my room. A noise filled the room, it took me just a second to realize what it was: the awful annoying sound of that hideous machinery called alarm clock. As I stumbled down my bed and got tied on the sheets, trying to reach the damn thing, it hit me.

I was such a fucking dork! Such a banal stupid girl! It had all been so clearly a dream. I had experienced one of those amazing dreams that seem to be reality, but then again it had happened before. Never so vividly, but maybe my imagination was improving, after all who dreams with vampires?

Yet the words still wandering through my head "To be or not to be?" For well that was the question right? Was it a dream or not?My finger pressed the "Off" button on the clock, and I was sent back to reality. There were no vampires, no drinkers of blood and I was delirating. However I knew there was only a way to know. Only checking for fang marks of my neck I could answer the question, if there was a question.

"Lucy get up!" ( They actually never called me by my first name, I was not "Lucille" on their eyes, but my name, the name everyone called me by, its something I've never handled to hear again.)
My bro's sleepy voice interrupted such a solemn moment, and again brought me into reality. I had to know, just had to. I had to prove it, and I did. Like when you jump in cold water and don't take enough time to consider it. There in my neck I could feel to tiny mark, the mere points. I remember thinking. "SHIT SHIT AND SHIT"

I jumped on my feet and ran to the bathroom. On the mirror I could see I was paler than usual, and the two red points, made by fangs. I curled my body down and puked everything on my stomach. I felt dizzy, but I was not sick and I knew so.

"Liar!" I shouted furiously when I recalled the past night, I ran back to my room convinced that Lestat couldn't had left me alive. When Lestat bites, either he kills, or he brings immortality. My search was vain for the sun had already rose, and the shine was far to bright to let any vampire out.

Defeated, I sat on the edge of my bed, what the fuck was going on? I sighed and got ready for school, and I stared at the sun all the way, with a bit of luck it would be the last day of life.

The day went normally, and I was confused, bleak. Everything seemed absurd and surreal. I didn't worked, instead I went all over my 3 books of "Vampire Chronicles". There had to be some way to explain it. I didn't do any homework, the exposition was shit, and my mind was somewhere else.
I tried to appreciate all I could see, the flowers, the sun, the skies. Blue skies, maybe I was gonna miss it to much, right? The wild blue of the skies going over New York, but this was no New York, this was GDL Mexico, and the layer of smog is the only view we have.

Every Wednesday I would go to my grandparents, this the last day was not gonna be the exception, assuming it was the last day. I was sick of waiting for the sunset. So, so sick of the uncertainty, but that's another story. The last day of my human life, what a great name for a book. The evening went by, and nothing occurred when the light disappeared.

When mom came and picked me up, I was at verge of tears, happened what happened we would never see each other the same way. So I hugged her. I told her she had been great with me always. The sun had already set, and as we approached home. I knew someone would be awaiting in my bedroom.

I turned the handkerchief around, exactly at midnight. I had refused to go in. I had forced myself to do homework. With what purpose? I had took a shower, I had watched TV. Nothing would ever be the same again, and I was starting to doubt.
But when I opened the door he was there. His blonde gold hair thrown back, as he rested his chin on his hand. My beloved Lestat has always seemed like an apparition. His boots black were on my sheets, and he was carelessly going over my diary. My diary, Kurdt...

"Ma chere I thought you'd never step in! What took you so long girl?" Lestat took his eyes of the red notebook. And I stared at him in a stupid convention of fury and surprise. I mean what can a vampire find in a mortal's diary?
He read my mind and the smile plastered on his face grew wild. His skin was not glowing pale as the last time, he seemed a little drunk in fact, and I couldn't help wondering how?

"Oh your diary is deign of being published chere, A bit to abstract for my taste, but sure captures the scent of a lost teenager who's only ambition is freedom, trés magnific!!" He carefully closed the diary and put it on top of my pillow, passing his fingers over the fake leather cover.

"But close the door, we don't want to be heard now do we?"

I stumbled in and closed the door as silently as I could, staring at him all the while, then I turned on the light.

"So this Kurdt? Is an imaginary friend right? He seems lovely by the way. You are perturbed girl you know? 'Jesus sleeps under the bridge, he begged me for a fix and I spit on him.' and you don't believe in god or Satan, which I find very convenient." His manners were so classy and yet jubilant. Lestat made me a signal to sit next to him, and I couldn't help but obey. He was to irresistible. Which is the quote? "Inevitable for everyone."

I sat and tangled his fingers through my hair, as he went over all the things a vampire must and must not do. But my dear Lestat never mentioned any rule that the "order" (as I will call them) had mentioned. To this day I believe he created me because I was in simple vulgar ways, a revolutionary and a rebel.

"Oh and one last thing my future daughter, please don't mention this encounter to them. We will say you were at edge of death, and you must close your mind to them. Marius will be furious!!" He laughed and smiled vividly with each word. I was numbed out, couldn't believe and couldn't bring myself out of it.

His plans were simple but I knew they would work out. Mom was out that night,a dn would be traveling the other day. So he would make all the arrangements to put me in a nocturne board school in Dublin. He spoke so confident that it seemed a great plan. Everyone would buy it, and they did. Maybe its the powers of persuasion of a vampire (quite similar to a Jedi!!) but I'm going to fast.

"By dismissing the power of self control, I give up life
and I encounter the timeless eternity of freedom." He recited as he grabbed one of my poetry notebooks.

"Oh just this line? You should make these into a poem, and it would be the echoes of in mortality." Lestat glared at me and raised his wrist to his mouth, softly pressing his lips to it, and ripping the skin apart, as the blood came in.