Stay Out Of The Light

My Chemical Romance

Gerard's P.O.V
I was sitting in my living room telling a bunch of people I had only met today my whole life story. They seemed so interested though! So I kept talking. Then i realized Mikey came down holding Emma's hand.
"Awww. Look at them! So cute." Ellie said when she noticed them. Mikey and Emma turned bright red. It was so funny.
"Mikey's got himself a lady! Finally." I said teasing him.
"Haha funny Gerard." He said. Emma layed her head on his shoulder. At this point I was jealous. How did my younger brother get a girl and I can't? Seriously! I mean just because I was in the same grade as him when I'm supposed to be two grades higher then him doesn't mean I'm not attractive. Just not to smart. I looked away and started talking to Bob and Ray.
"So we were thinking about starting a band. Would you want to be in it?" Ray asked. "I can play guitar and Bob's kick ass with drums. Frank also plays guitar. We just need a bassits and a singer." He added. A band? That would get me some girls most definatly. My grandma did used to say I had a good voice. So did my middle school teacher. I gues I could give it a shot.
"Well I can sing. Or so my middle school teacher says." I said and went to find a song to sing along with. I decided on "Today" by The Smashing Pumpkins. Everyone stared as I started singing along. When the song was over everyone clapped.
"Ok so now we've got a singer. All we need is a bassist. Mikey?" Ray asked. He shrugged.
"I've tried a few times. Not the greatest but I can play a few songs." He said. He was just trying not to brag. He was amazing with the bass. I mean amazing. He can play any song by The Misfits on bass.
"Oh please Mikey. You're amazing with the bass! Go get it and show them." I said and he went to get his bass. He came back down with his cherry red bass and started playing "Teenagers From Mars" by The Misfits. And he killed it. Everyone stared.
"Not that great." He said blushing.
"I think we have a band." Ray smiled. The thought of being in a band never really appealed to me. I always wanted to be a comic book artist or an artist for some T.V show. Now I kind of like the idea. Being in a band might be fun. And I can even make album covers if we get big.
"So lets think of a name for the band." I suggested. Everyone sat thinking. Mikey was sitting there talking to Emma. I guess he didn't want to help. We all sat there for hours trying to think. By the time we looked at the clock it was almost 9:30.
"Damn it's almost 9:30 already? That went by fast." I said but no one bothered to get up and leave or anything.
"My Chemical Romance." Mikey said looking at the back of a book he picked up. "The back of this book says 'tales of chemical romance' why don't we add a little twist and call the band My Chemical Romace?" He said. The room burst into cheers and claps. My brother is a genious. That was the greatest band name I had ever heard. He also suggest a band name called "The New London Fire" but Bob had heard of that already. So we settled on My Chemical Romance. Immediatly I went to get notebooks and pads of paper and we started writing down ideas for songs. Ellie and Emma sat talking while we tired to write songs. We sat for another three hours writing. I wrote a song about 9/11. I remember seeing that when I was in the city.
"I've got a song. I think I'm going to name it 'Skylines and Turnstiles'. It's about the 9/11 attacks." I said and started reading off the lyrics. "You're not in this alone, let me break this awkward silence..." I began. When I finished the room was silent. I'm guessing they either hated it or thought it was so good that they were speechless.
"That was amazing. I think this whole band thing is going to work out very well." Ray said. I'm guessing he was the mastermind behind wanted to start the whole band since he was the only one talking about it. This night is going to mark the beggining of band history. I can feel it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update!! Wooo!!! I hope you guys like my story so far. I forgot to mention that all the titles are from My Chemical Romance songs. This title is because of the begging of the band. So enjoy the story! (The last line is awesome xD)