Status: Re-editing some chapters, rereading to grasp where I was going, updates soon to come. =D

The Moons' Call

Preface

Everything was so still…it was so uncommon for the usually rainy La Push reservation. But that was a flickering thought as my arms began to tremble and shake in fury, all around me was green forest full of ferns and shrubs.

I hated it, it was all so green and supposedly calming but it just pissed me off.

Why was I outside anyway? I was really sick, I felt like someone had beaten me with a baseball bat then hit me with a bus it was like my whole body was bruised and then there's that really high fever...108.9 degrees is so high that I was sure Sam would have taken me to the hospital, but he kept saying it would pass.

“Astra!” I hear a deep, yet somehow pleasant, voice shout. It echoed throughout the quiet forest, coming closer to my position calling my name again.

Though, it was in no way soothing or calming as a matter of fact it did the complete opposite. It enraged me further, so much it felt as if I were going to explode from the fire that was filling my veins, my breathing becoming heavier and short with anger.

Suddenly I didn’t feel sick anymore and before I knew what to do I hear the sound of something ripping, realizing it was my shoes and clothes. I barely had time to react as I found myself towering over a fern that was once touching my elbow.

Whimpering I let out a cry that sounded a whole lot like a pained howl from a wolf. This couldn’t be happening, not to me!

I was a normal girl…a normal girl forced to live in this sunless place, this place I considered Hell.

Then I feel myself running. My legs, all four of them, taking me several feet every bound. My speed increasing as I hear eight faint footsteps following me.

This was all so scary, it didn’t make sense, and above all it hurt…I hear another howl but it wasn’t from me, also hearing several more footsteps after the howling turns into an echo. But the eight from before catching up to me with ease and suddenly I came face to face with a huge black scowling wolf. Behind me I feel and smell another wolf, I glance over my shoulder to see it has reddish-brown fur.

He was about my size if not a little larger, but I was almost positive that if I wanted to I could take him. The black wolf on the other hand was a whole different story, I knew that if I tried to take him down it would be like a fly trying to fight a spider…it was hopeless.

Grimacing I reveal my teeth while glaring at the russet colored wolf, a terrible snarl forming in my chest as I square my shoulders and dig my claws into the ground. Today really wasn’t my day…
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, here's the preface...This story was actually something I posted on Quizilla first. But I think I'll finish it on here. That is, if any of you like it.