Status: rifinito. :)

Siete Andato

Sitting on the dock of the bay...

I stand alone. Always alone, and yet I somehow remember another presence. Someone used to stand by my side. Someone used to enclose their arms around me…protect me. Someone used to make me whole. I remember frail fingers entwined with mine. I remember cerulean eyes, and a plum smile. I remember you.

You, who I loved.

But now you’re gone. And you’ve changed me. You’ve destroyed me. You’ve made me lose everything, just like you’ve made me lose you. You’ve made me forget, like you intended to forget me.

I know you can’t forget me. I know you’ll remember one day. Just like I remembered you, I’ll never forget you again.

If only I could remember your name…

There was always a reason I came to this dock. Always a reason I let the wind caress my thighs, and whisk my hair toward the water. Such a deep blue ocean, like your eyes. One day you’ll come back to me.

I remember everything. I remember the day you left, and the ocean wasn’t so friendly then. I remember rain, electricity zapping through the sky. The wind was screaming at us, yelling for us to leave the dock. The wind yearned to destroy it.

Your hair whipped angrily, slapping at the sides of your face. As if in a dream those beautiful locks of hair fell away, and revealed your new harsh features. You had shaved your head just before you left. To be prepared, you had said. You were still beautiful, and I didn’t want you any less.

“I have to go!” you said, yelling so that I could hear past the now furious wind.

I didn’t want to hear it. I wouldn’t listen. I shook my head furiously. My tears blending with the rain, a mixture of mine tears and the tears of angry angels.

“You can’t.”

“It’s not my choice, Whitney.” I know you have to. I know, so well, that you don’t have a choice. But I would give anything for you to stay here for me. And it’s selfish, I know. I know that this isn’t your fault. But I’m stubborn.

“Yes, it is! We can run away together. Please…”

“I’m sorry.”

You kiss me. I can’t let go, but soon they’re yelling for you, and you force yourself away. The look you give me…that look, is love. That look is regret and guilt. That look that your glassy eyes give me has only one meaning behind it. And that meaning is me.

When you’re gone I can’t bring myself to go. I promised myself that I would wait. I would wait till the ends of the earth until you came back. But my legs wouldn’t listen. They betrayed me and ran. Ran away from the storm that was chasing me. The storm that killed you.

A plank broke and I fell. The angry water consumed me, bashing and thrashing me until I could see no more. Until I could feel no more. I could only hear your voice.

Gaspard.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are most appreciated.