Speak Low If You Speak Love

Valary's Announcement

Devyn was excited as she and her dad headed over to Paige's to get Zoe so that they could go to the pier. She was excited because she really liked Zoe and she knew that her dad did as well. She knew this because everytime he talked about her he had a smile on his face. When they pulled into the driveway Coby shook his head as he watched Paige walk out to greet them. Devyn was out of the car in a heartbeat and running to her.

"Hey Devyn, what are you up to today?"

"Daddy and me and Zoe are going to the pier."

"Really now?"

"Yeah, daddy said maybe after we'd go to the movies and out to get pizza."

"Sounds like fun."

"She's a little excited." Coby said walking to them. Paige just laughed.

"Yeah I can tell. Zoe's inside grabbing something to drink."

"Okay."

"What the hell is that bitch doing here?" Paige said as someone pulled up into the driveway behind Coby. Coby turned and raised an eyebrow as Val stepped out of her car. She saw Coby and Paige talking and bit her lip, obviously unsure about how to approach the house.

"Good question." Coby turned to the blonde and was the first to speak. "What in the hell are you doing here?" His tone was much more calmer than what Paiges's would've been.

"I need to talk to Matt."

"What the fuck for?" Paige yelled. Coby shook his head and motioned for Devyn to go inside.

"It's none of your business."

"I'm his finace how the fuck is it not my business?" Coby sighed as the womens voices got louder. He glanced up as Matt walked out the door.

"What the hell is your problem, you don't need to fucking know everything." Val yelled as she moved towards Paige. Neither woman saw Matt walk out.

"If it pertains the the man I'm marrying I need to know."

"For fuck's sake, what are you doing here Val? I thought it was pretty clear when I told you to take your shit and get out, I didn't want you around."

"Well I'm sorry but what I have to say is important."

"Spit it out and fucking leave then." Paige yelled.

"I'm pregnant." Matt stared at her and Paige just stood there in shock. Had she just said what she thought she had?

"Well it can't be Matt's." Paige said turning to look at Matt waiting for him to back her up. When he said nothing Paige just stared at him, not believing that he wasn't speaking. Slowly the tears began to fall as she got just as angry as she was upset. A moment later she was turning and shoving past him to get into the house. Matt was still at a loss for words and was debating speaking to Val or going after the woman he claimed he loved.

When Coby made it into the house after seeing Matt not following her it was to a confused Zoe walking out of the kitchen and staring up the stairs. Coby headed up them only to be hit with some of Matt's clothes. He ducked around them only to run into a pillow and some blankets.

"Paige quit throwing shit and calm down."

"Don't fucking tell me to calm down. I can't fucking believe him. He told me he had quit sleeping with her! He fucking lied to me!"

Matt could hear the yelling coming from inside when he finally found the words to speak.

“Are you sure you’re pregnant.”

“Seven weeks.” Matt sighed. If there was one thing Val had been it was faithful. She’d just been more in it for the money. Closing his eyes Matt sighed. What in the hell was he going to do? He glanced from the house to the woman standing in the yard. He was at a loss for words at the moment and knew that he was loosing the woman that he loved at that moment.

Inside Paige had started throwing the rest of his clothes down the steps as Coby stood watching her switch from throwing Matt’s clothes down the stairs to grabbing suitcases out of the closet in the spare room and packing her own clothes.

“What are you doing Paige?”

“What’s it look like. I’m not staying here. I can’t. I have a place to go I’m going.”

“What place?”

“The beach house manor that Gramma left me. He wouldn’t dare follow me there.” Paige said and a moment later once her bags were packed she shoved them at Coby as she walked from the room. He sighed and carried them down the stairs for her. She took them from him and dragged them out the front door only to notice that Matt was still standing outside but Val was gone. She didn’t care. She was leaving.

“Where the hell are you going?” Matt demanded.

“None of your fucking business you stupid son of a bitch.” Paige said and somehow managed to get her things in her SUV and then got herself in the vehicle and left without another word to the man that she said she loved. She stopped when she was just about even to where he was standing watching her and not saying anything to keep her there and didn’t hesitate as she took her ring off and threw it at him. It hit the ground in front of him and when she was finally out of the driveway and down the street out off sight he bent down and picked the ring up and looked at it. This was not happening. He watched as a moment later Zoe, Devyn, and Coby walked out of the house.

“Where are you guys going?” Matt asked hoping that they weren’t mad at him as well.

“Taking Devyn to dinner. Good luck fixing this Matthew. I swear to god I could kill you right now.” Coby said before they all left. Matt sighed, when everyone else found out about this he was a dead man. Especially when Andi found out.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love you Jes....