Speak Low If You Speak Love

Matt Faces The Consequences

How could he have been so stupid? That was the only thing that he could ask himself. Why had he continued seeing Val? He knew that he should've ended it eight months ago when he first hooked up with Paige. Matt heard a car pull in the drive and glanced up. Brian was there. He briefly wondered how long until the others showed up.

Brian said nothing as he sat down beside Matt. He glanced sideways at his friend and then down to the ring in his hands. Brian sighed and was about to speak when three more vehicles pulled into the drive. It looked like the other guys knew what was up. One thing Brian was sure they didn't know about was Val flying out to meet them on tour. At least he didn't think that they knew. Jimmy was the first to them and he looked murderous. Johnny and Zack didn't look too friendly at the moment either.

"What the fuck happened?" Zack demanded. Matt held up Paiges ring. Jimmy's eyes went wide and Johnny shook his head.

"She's upset enough that all the girls went to her. What the hell did you do to her?" Jimmy was the next one demanding things.

"Val's pregnant." Matt muttered and this time he stood and for the first time since Paige had left he walked into the house. He stopped in his tracks when he saw the mess on the stairs. Brian knew it was going to happen sooner or later and they all stood there as Matt lost it.

"God I'm such a fucking idiot! I swear to God I'm stupid! I should've never fucking..." And a photo of him and Paige that had been on the entry way table went flying. "How the hell could I hurt her like that? Now I've lost her and probably will never get her back. What kind of idiot throws away the best thing that ever happened to him?"

"Matt chill." Zack said walking forward only to step back as Matt lashed out at him.

"You don't get it Zack. Val's pregnant, it's mine. Paige isn't coming back."

"What the hell do you mean it's yours?" Jimmy was the one yelling now.

"I was stupid and I should've broke up with Val months ago. But no, I kept putting it off and flying her out to where ever we were. God dammit! How could I not try and stop her? Why'd I just stand there?"

"Matt c'mon you made a mistake. Fix it."

"How Brian? How can I fix it? I can't go back in time and not get Val pregnant."

"So it's gonna take a lot to fix but you need to do it. I mean you're not the only one hurting Matt."

"Where is she?" Matt asked knowing that Brian knew.

"I can't tell you that. Do I look like I want murdered?" Brian asked looking at Matt like he was insane. Which he was at the moment.

"Dammit, how am I supposed to make it right then?"

"Call and talk to her. But I'd deal with Val before you do anything."

"No before he does anything he needs to explain why he was still messing with Val when he had Paige." Johnny said. It was obvious that the other two agreed with him and were ready to kick his ass from here to next year.

"I don't know okay! I admit it. I fucked up. Alright. Get out of my face about it." And the next moment Matt and Zack were fighting. Brian sighed and he and Jimmy waded in to break it up and Johnny stood between them so that they had an obsticale to go around to get at one another.

"This isn't goig to solve anything. C'mon Zack lets leave him alone to brood. Jimmy said and he shoved Zack out the door, and Johnny followed.

"Looks like I'm the only one on your side. C'mon lets get this mess cleaned up." Brian said as he let go of Matt.

"Look man, I'll deal on my own. You should go. I don't want you in trouble with Destinee."

"She's not home. Look I'll help clean this up then go. Give you some time to think."

"Thanks man."

Two hours later Matt was alone in the house and he didn't know what to do. He wasn't sure but he knew that he had to talk to Val. But first he sent a text to Paige.

I know sorry isn't going to fix this but I am sorry. For everything that I did to hurt you. There is so much that I want to say to you but don't know how. Please give me a chance to fix what I have done.

After that was sent he walked outside to his car and left. He drove for twenty minutes before making his way to Val's parents house knowing somehow that was where she'd be. She was sitting outside when he pulled up. She stood and walked to him as he stepped from the car. He was not smiling. Val bit her lip and stopped short. She waited for him to speak and when he did she knew that there wasn't a chance for them.

"You did it on purpose."

"Did what?" She decided to play dumb. But he saw right through it.

"You damn well know what. Don't play dumb Valary. You could've told me on the phone and let me break it to Paige. You knew damn well that Paige didn't know."

"Matt c'mon why are you really here?"

"Because Valary no matter what happens between Paige and I, there will never again be an us. And quite frankly I don't want to hear from you until the babies born and we have a paternity test done." Matt said and turned walking away. Now he just had to wait on Paige to make the next move.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well damn bet you didn't expect this one so soon. *grins* but hey c'mon I'm on a roll with it. hope you enjoy it... next chapter Brian is in trouble with his woman. and more Coby/Zoe moments