Speak Low If You Speak Love

Far From What You Think I Am

As Zoë walked into the restaurant she sighed as she saw her Aunt Jolene yelling at Josey. She started to walk over and rolled her eyes when she told Josey that she was fired. Josey actually laughed in her face. Jolene didn’t take to that.

“You ungrateful little bitch…”

“You can’t fire me Jolene.”

“I can and I did, as soon as the old bat dies this place is going to be mine and none of you will have jobs.”

“Aunt Jolene step out of her face. Josey no ones loosing their jobs, no one is fired, but Jolene you don’t get out of her face I will have you arrested.”

“You have no say in this place.”

“Yes I do. Grams said. Now leave before I tell Ms. Josey to call the police.” Jolene huffed away and Zoë shook her head.

“Oh Miss Zoë glad to see you back here.”

“Unfortunately not under better circumstances.”

“Yell your grandmother had someone call and told us you’d be here.” They ended up going over everything and by the time they opened for the afternoon and evening Zoë was exhausted. She sat in a chair and sighed. She looked up as the doors opened and she watched people slowly trickle in for late lunches and early dinners. Her eyes locked with his blue ones and suddenly she looked away. She said something to Josey and stood walking back towards the office. What in the hell was he doing here?

Jacoby looked at his friend and Matt shrugged as he took the hand of the pregnant red head beside him. Jacoby picked up his daughter and the four of them were seated.

“So what the hell was with that chick?” Paige asked Coby.

“Long story, why the hell is she suddenly in California?”

“Dude unless you tell us what the hell is…Oh my god that’s here. The chick from Missouri?”

“There ya go Matt.”

“That’s a good question then… what the hell is she doing stalking you?”

“Oh god Paige don’t say that.”

“Sorry Matt but C’mon, what would be the other reason for her to be out here?” Paige asked as her phone rang playing a simple little country song that her grandmother loved so much. “Hang on guys, it’s Gramma, got to answer. Hi Gramma.”

“Paige, you’ll come see me, to meet your cousin?”

“Gramma, I told you I was gonna have a late lunch with my friends and Matt first.”

“Okay. I love you Paige.”

“I love you too Gramma.” Paige sighed as she hung up the phone. Matt wrapped and arm around her and she lay her head on his shoulder.

Two hours later Paige was asking Coby if he wanted to go with her and Matt to see her Grandmother. He shrugged.

“Considering I’m going to get in trouble getting Devyn back late already why the hell not.”

“Great, c’mon.” and they were walking into Donovan Manor. Jacoby was looking around and Devyn clung tightly to his hand and followed Paige up the steps. Paige knocked on the door and her eyebrow rose as she saw her mom in the room arms crossed over her chest looking pissed. The lawyer was there and that meant that the reading was happening today. So there would be no surprised after she died.

“Sorry I’m late I was…busy…” Her eyes landed on Jacoby and she couldn’t think anymore.

“It’s okay baby, this is your cousin, Paige, her fiance Matt and her friend Jacoby and his daughter Devyn Shaddix.”

“Hi, I’m…”

“Zoë…” Jacoby breathed.

“You remember.” Zoe said back quietly.

“Alright, this is just so you all understand that when Fiona is gone, how things will be distributed. There is no changing any of this.”

“Why not?”

“Because she was determined to be in her right mind when she signed and had it drawn up.”

“Mom, let him talk. God, this is what Gramma wants get over it.” Paige said rather rudely. “I’d apologize but I’m not sorry. You need to stop being a bitch.” Matt said nothing. He after all wasn’t stupid and gonna piss her off. He liked her happy. And when they left here she was gonna be even happier. He was taking her back to his house. Where he had told Val to meet him.

“So the gist of it is, Paige gets half of the restaurant, and Zoe will get the other half. Zoe, gets the manor. Paige gets the beach house manor in Huntington. The two of them will split 800 million dollars.” Jolene’s jaw hit the ground. “Jolene will get half a million dollars and the cottage in Northern California. It is requested that the staff at both manors stays on.” Paige smiled at Matt he grinned and wrapped an arm around her.

Jacoby had plans that night with his friends so he was going with them and after they dropped Devyn off at her moms they headed to Matt’s. Paige raised an eyebrow when she saw that Val was sitting on the front steps. She glanced sideways at Matt who smiled at her. Jacoby rolled his eyes and knew this was not going to end well. The three of them got out of the SUV and Val raised an eyebrow. Paige was walking between Matt and Jacoby. They all stopped at the same time.

“Wow Coby, expecting another kid again? Really when will you learn?”

“Wow, wait what?” Coby and Paige said at the same time.

“Paige isn’t having Coby’s baby.” Matt said looking at Val.

“Then who’s baby is she having?” Val asked

“Uhm, that’s kinda why you’re here…” Paige smiled at Matt encouragingly. “She’s having mine.”

“What?”

“You heard him.” Coby said.

“Obviously I heard him wrong. I thought he just said that that skank was having his baby.” Val said.

‘Excuse me?” Paige demanded

“Watch what you say about my fiance.”

“HOw the fuck is she your fiance when I’m your girlfirend?”

“You’re right Matt she is stupid.”

“Who the fuck was talking to you?”

“YOu called me a skank.”

“Would home wrecking have suited you better?” Paige growled at the other woman and Matt pulled her back against him.

“Val first of all get over it and second of all I asked her out.”

“So you’re really throwing everything we have away for some gold digger?”

“Gold digger?” Matt asked amused looking at the woman he was gonna spend his life with.

“I’m not a fucking gold digging whore.” Coby was trying not to laugh and not succeeding.

“You obviously got pregnant, knowing who he is.”

“Bitch I could buy and sell you ten times over.”

“Right whatever, you probably only have three dollars if that to your name.”

“Even if that were the case I’m sure I could do it. Hell I’d probably even have some left over.”

“Go Paige.” Coby said causing Paige to smirk at him. Matt just shook his head at the.

“Fuck, this… I’m leaving.”

“Don’t forget to take your shit with you.” Paige sang out.
♠ ♠ ♠
THANKS JESS