Speak Low If You Speak Love

Definitely Love

Zoë woke the next morning alone, but there was a soft smile on her face as she sat up in his bed. She felt saddened by the loss of her grandmother but something she had talked about with Jacoby yesterday had her thinking now as she grabbed the clothes that lay on the foot of the bed. They were clean. She smiled at herself as she pulled her clothes on. He had washed her jeans and tank top for her. She pulled them on and left his shirt on the bed. She walked downstairs looking for him. There was a note on the coffee pot saying that he would be back, he had run out to get breakfast. She smiled as she picked up the coffee pot and poured some in the mug he had left out for her. She then replaced the coffee pot and headed toward the fridge to find the creamer. Sure enough there was some there. It was French Vanilla, but it also wasn’t her house. She used it then put that away as well. She was sitting at the kitchen table when he walked in with a couple of take out boxes. She smiled up at him from where she sat as he set one in front of her and handed her a thing of plastic silverware and took the second set for himself. She found herself falling a little more for the man she had met in Missouri and now she knew why she had met him there.

Zack woke the next morning with a head on his chest and smiled. This time he knew who he was waking up next to. And god after so long he was glad for it to be the woman he wanted. The one he had fallen in love with so many years ago.

“Zack…”

“Hmm?” he asked as she said his name with the mid morning sun streaming through the gap in the curtains of his room.

“Morning.” She said moving so she was looking at him leaning on her elbow. His smile made her smile and he moved so he could kiss her. She smiled against his lips and a moment later the two were getting out of bed as her cell phone went off. She glared at it. Her eyebrow went up when she saw the number on it. “What the hell does Matt want?” She muttered under her breath. She answered the phone annoyed.

“Chill sis, mom and dad just wanted me to let you know that there’s a cook out tonight at their house. Everyone’s gonna be there. It’s kinda for Zoë and Paige mostly to get their minds off loosing their grandma.”

“Oh, yeah I’ll be there.”

“I called Zack he didn’t answer his phone, can you let him know?”

“Yeah I thought that was you intention behind calling me.” And Andi hung up the phone and tossed it on the bed then lay back sighing.

“Something wrong?”

“My brother’s an ass he didn’t call here. And cook out at my parents tonight for Paige and Zoë.”

“Okay.”

Paige was sitting on the counter watching Matt make them sandwiches and smiled at him as he hung up the phone after talking to Andrea. He sighed and rolled his eyes as he handed her the phone. She laughed as he kissed her at the same time. She let him help her down and she put the phone back on the charger.

“So your sister spend the night with him?”

“That’d be my guess.”

“He hurts her I’m gonna let you kill him you know that right?”

“Yeah I know Paige. He better not hurt her though.”

“And we still haven’t heard from Zoë, I’m hoping she’s okay…Speak of the devil…Hey Z.” Paige said as the woman in question walked in the room. She was smiling and she looked relaxed unlike when they had last seen her.

“Hey Paige.”

“We’re just getting ready to eat lunch… want some?”

“Nope, I already ate at the restaurant. I left Josey in charge for the next few days, I figured we could use the break.”

“Oh, yeah works for me.”

“Okay, why are you looking at me funny?”

“Where’d you go last night?”

“I uhm…”

“You went to Coby’s didn’t you?”

“How do you know about that?”

“Blaire” Paige said smirking. Zoë blushed.

“You didn’t sleep with him did you?”

“Yes, but not like that. I couldn’t sleep alone I kept thinking about how much my life was going wrong and…”

“You crawled in bed with Coby?”

“I fell asleep almost immediately…Paige.”

“You like him that’s fine, just don’t hurt him, or let him hurt you.” Paige said smiling as she hugged the girl that was starting to seem like a sister to her instead of a cousin.

Later that night they were all at Matt’s parents house and Zoë watched as people entered and she recognized half of them. She smiled when she saw Coby walk in. He grinned at her and Jimmy laughed when she found herself in Coby’s embrace a minute later his lips on hers in a gentle kiss. When he pulled back she smiled up at him and he held her close. His phone rang a moment later and he looked down at it pulling it and raised an eyebrow when he saw that it was Heather.

“Hello”

“Come get her, she’s getting on my last nerve…”

“I thought you wanted her for the summer?”

“I changed my mind. I have to hear one more thing from her mouth about you I’m going to scream.”

“I come get her I’m not bringing her back to you.”

“Fine, you want her you can have her.” and Heather hung up the phone. Zoë looked up at him and he sighed.

“I have to go.”

“Devyn?”

“Yeah, her mom wants me to come get her.”

“Go, I’ll see you later.”

“You could come with me.”

“Coby, this is for me and Paige, if I leave…”

“Go, my parents won’t be all that pissed, they’ll get over it, beside Devyn’s welcome here too.” Matt said walking over to them. Zoë rolled her eyes and took the hand Coby offered and the two left. Paige watched them and shook her head. A moment later Zack and Andi walked in and Matt’s parents stared at them. Andi was cuddled against Zack’s side and he had an arm around her.