Status: Updates when available.

A Light on in Chicago

Hollywood Hills

Mike Carden sits on his chair in his house behind the sign. He’s got his troops gathered in front of him, if you want to call them that. There are about a dozen impeccably dressed figures staring back up at him, not including Elizabeth standing at his side, her hand protective on his shoulder. “Asher, Novarro, Toro. Stay where you are. The rest of you are dismissed. Do not leave the grounds without my orders.”

The room is suddenly almost deserted. It’s just the five of them now, and Carden relaxes into his chair some. “Here’s the deal, guys,” he starts. “We need to start confusing the crap out of the so-called ’16 Candles’. Bill and Brendon saw Beckett and Urie when I messed up making them, so they’re of no use to me for a while. You are the counterparts of some of their friends that aren’t in their gang already. Toro, you’re going to infiltrate. Asher and Novarro, you will each gather a team. I’ll send you out whenever they go out. You are never to be caught outright. Catch the corner of their eyes, be in reflections, that kind of thing. Now go for now, you two. Toro and I need to discuss details.”

The pair leave the remaining three alone. Elizabeth circles Toro, sizing him up over her glasses. “I’m afraid you’ll have to dress undercover for this, my friend. No one has any style any more, I swear, but I’ll fix you up in something not too terrible,” she says almost pityingly.

“You leave in three days. You will go to Peter’s home and learn what they’re up to, but you must not stay there at night or they will be able to tell your true nature. You are to come here every night and report to me. Tell those 16 Candles you have a hotel room already or something. A car will be provided for you,” Mike tells Toro as Elizabeth digs around in a trunk by the wall, finding a suitable wardrobe for this mission.

“I will try my best to find out something useful,” Toro says, choosing his words carefully around the most intimidating people he’s known in his short existence.

“There is do, and there is do not. There is no try,” Mike says before chuckling to himself and letting Toro get whisked away with a pile of clothes Elizabeth has discovered.

“This is going to be almost too easy,” he says to the now completely deserted room.