The Short Lived

Was it real?

I forgot what I wanted to do. Still can't get over the idea of having lesser time talking to people I love the most. Especially when it came all of a sudden.

I never thought. Well, that words never came to an end in my mind. The thoughts I hoped to vanish for a long time now, had became one of the most worst forms of nightmares in my life.

--------------------------------------------

All I can see now was a busy street full of people in rush. As if they were going to catch up on some things more important than their own lives. That idea would give me a thought. The thought would linger in my mind; why would this people continue on living like this when they would suffer the consequences in the end, they gradually end up achieving nothing in some point of their lives. They would realize of how they had spent their time on nothingness while other people accomplished something more worth it than what they are. Scary thought, though meaningful, it would still find its corner in the place of the forgotten things, that would probably decay in just a short span of time.

I continued walking towards the center of the street where the mob could lost its way on the night street market. I forced myself to find my way between the busy people. The street was so alive, although noisy, and was cold and wet.

As I broke the randomly marching people, I found a deserted spot just behind a candy stall. I took a seat on one of the benches there and found comfort for a while. Walking is tiresome especially when couple with noisy, busy streets. Observing the activity in the area, something happened that caught my attention.

Some guys were running on the streets with one of them holding a home-made gun on his hand. I thought they won't shoot that weapon, but then the one holding it pointed it towards the running kid. All of a sudden, a noise broke out the silence, I shut my eyes for a split second and hurried towards the incident.

Thinking that the one who was hit was the running man, I was curious of what happened and if the man is still alive.

The crowd who quickly gathered around the incident, caused my curiosity to rise. Murmurs around me continued to become more noisy and some what malignant. At last, I found a way in to the center of the crowd and slowly stood up on a chair to see the details.

I was so terrified, I thought, the one who would lie there would be a kid in his 18's or 20's, but it wasn't. Instead, it was a girl who was at that time, facing opposite of me. I walked around her and tried to find her face. Then, my heart stopped. I felt like I was gonna throw up. I felt dizzy, nervous, anxious.

She was the girl in my dreams. She's the one. No doubt about it.
After a second or two, I heard a loud explosion near where the mob gathered. I never knew what it was, but it made the mob run over me. I fainted. And everything went blank.

---------------------------------------------------------

I felt my hand's coldness. It was just yet another dream. Was it real?