Wicked

Faerie Girl

I looked down in front of me. And gasped. A girl with really short, choppy scarlet-rose hair stood, she was sleek and slim, long pale legs and arms, which were hairless. She wore a red two piece, her top and skirt were six or so shades darker than her hair, and flame-looking, vine-like things wrapped around her torso, and one wound down her left leg. And what really slapped me in the face was two wildly shaped wings... that looked like fire. Her eyes burned with patronizing fury, and they also matched her hair. She had beautifully pointed ears, which twitched a little as we drug the silence out. Her thin lips formed a frown, and she was clearly not happy with our presence.

"Well, humans? Speak, or else!" One of the hands that rested on her hips raised, a tiny red ball of flame grew into about the size of a basketball. The boys jumped back as far as they could, but I stayed still.

"What are you?"

"Why do you ask girl? It's not hard to recognize your enemy! We told all your kind to stay out of our forests! Now tell me why your here, now!" her smooth English accent was filled with as much fire as she held in her right hand. She threw the ball at our feet, I jumped up to dodge it.

"We're not aware of any pacts you have! We're not from this world at all!" her arm dropped.

"What is this nonsense? Not from this world... well, your rags of clothes are rather... questionable." she said, seeing our jeans and band tee shirts. I had left my Black Sabbath hoodie on the banks of the lake... so I had an emo Care Bear shirt on.

"What are your names?" she asked. It's a wonder how English accents can change moods so suddenly. She was very full of wonder.

"I'm Sam, this one to my left is Bob, to my right is Mikey. Over here is Gerard, and that's Frank, Ray... and that's, " I paused, "Matthew."

"Erm... Matt actually." I scowled at him.

"Good. My name is Cynder."

"And, if you don't mind me asking... what are you?" I said. The boys seemed to be awe-struck by her beauty. I admit, she's really pretty. But I wouldn't date a girl wings... it seems a little out of the question.

"Flame Faerie... you insist on me actually believing you're of another world?"

"Well, we are just trying to believe that there's a Faerie standing in front of us. And yeah, we do. If we were lying, then we're damned to an eternity of pain and suffering!" we had an awkward silence between us. She stared at the star-struck boys. I stood up and stood next to her.

"Don't mind them much attention. They're transfixed by your beauty." I exchanged looks with her, we were thinking relatively the same thing. Idiots... absolutely retarded.

"Come on guys! It's not like she's Billy Corgan! Snap out of it before she castrates you all flamethrower style!" all at once, all six boys' hands flew to their...'Special Places'. Every man's greatest physical fear is of emasculation.

"Better?" she nodded cheerfully.

"What is that written on your clothes?" she asked, sitting cross legged. She was looking at Gerard's shirt.

"Uh... Smashing Pumpkins. I keep forgetting that we're not home."

"How does that happen? She has wings damn it! Fucktard!" Mikey mumbled. He was always a mumbler.

"Cynder, how old are you?"

"Well, to my kind I'm one hundred ninety-two moons old." the boys gasped. I laughed at them.

"And to us, she's sixteen." she nodded. Gerard attempted to do the math on his fingers.

"I got twenty-seven!"

"You get one full moon every month!"

He blushed. I whispered in her ear he had a tiny thing for her, along with the rest of the boys. She giggled and whispered back to me. I nodded to her and she fluttered her wings, flying off quickly through the trees. The boys leaned out to look up her skirt, but she was wearing undergarments. I smacked them.

"Treat a girl with proper chivalry and respect, you'll earn a friend and maybe more. Treat a girl with perversity and disrespect, get your asses kicked! Stop it! You're all being retarded."

"We can't help it!"

"Like hell you can't! You will, and you can, now control yourselves before we leave you here hungry, cold and alone." I said. They gave in and I waited for her. She was bringing food. Hopefully some meat... I like other things, but meat... I can't drop.

She came back with a bag, and a basket of fruits. Reds, purples, blues, oranges, and a water pouch full of... well, I guess water. She landed on her feet daintily, walking over to us. Cynder placed the basket down and the boys scrambled for the fruit. I asked what was in the bag.

"Dried strips of meat. Our Sprite friends eat them, so we keep these close by."

"Sprites?" Matt asked through a mouth full of orange fruit.

"Tiny little creatures, in our world they steal our socks in the middle of the night."

"Well, here, they are our best friends. Well my Sprite, Fate, is only one of my best friends. Arya is my other."

"She a Faerie?"

"Yes. She is Water Elemental. And her Sprite is Royal." she took on of the orange and red fruits. She took a bite, chewed swallowed, and smirked at us. I raised an eyebrow, and she parted her lips to greet us with a stream of fire.

"What the hell man?! That was cool!" soon everyone was laughing and breathing fire. Soon, the nagging question that prodded at my brain wormed its way to the front of my brain.

"Where are we going to sleep?"

"Well, you can't come to my village unless you want to be killed... so I guess you'll have to sleep here." she saw the unbelieving looks on our faces, and smiled.

"Don't fret! I'm going to make you a place suitable!" She flapped her wings and ripped a gigantic leave from the tree and began to sing to the tree. Two walls soon formed, and she placed the leave on top, and a few more for good measure I suppose.

We all crawled into, and we could all stand in it. Frank had a good foot of head room though, I envied his height at the moment. The sky was soon black, and we all were shocked how many stars we could see. And what I loved the most about the sky here, where ever we are, was the three moons shining in the sky. Cynder bid us all adue and flew away, leaving us all gazing at the fantastic stars.