Wicked

The Darkness Threatens

The queen was pacing impatiently, her face was stony, and her temper shot pain into her subjects that waited ever so tensely in the palace Throne Room.

"Where is that accursed boy? I sent him off to that village days ago! Jarsha! Get over here!" A small lower-class demon gimped to her, cowering before her.

"Fetch me the Glass. Quickly you wretch!" she bellowed, sitting abruptly on her throne, it's black thorned vines menacingly creeping up the wall as the violent purple roses snarled at the guards. Jarsha came back with a small black bowl, filled half way with a silvery liquid that dared not move, for it's properties would not allow it to do so. She murmured three inaudible words and the liquid unsolidified and showed the vision of the teenage Fire Faerie lying chained to a wall, alone.

"She escaped I see... good. She should be back soon. Külajei!" she barked, and the girl appeared, she was sitting on a menacing looking rock, the Empress' palace in view. Her wings were torn, and her arms, face, and legs were scratched, bruised to where you could hardly tell her snowy white skin tone was so.

"Send three men to escort my spy back to the palace, I wish to learn what she has seen. Now, go." she said scornfully, waving a hand in dismissal. Jarsha and one burly man left the room, leaving the Dark Empress to sit and ponder. She sent away all the others in the room, forgetting what she had called them all there for anyway. Sighing she went to the great window to her far left, peering out onto the land she deemed to become greatness beyond the Gods' reach, the pure toxic hell her ancestors have created... and she had made greater, branching out across the known world. She relished the thought of becoming the Supreme Empress... she could mentally configure how her claws could return the world to it's borne darkness.

"I shall fulfill the dreams of my family... the lustful goal of my ancestors. I will return this filthy world to it's former greatness within the depths of the darkness I have forged with my own hands! Those good-for-nothing pieces of scum that have torn from me my land's worth; tainting it with their disregard for our people, our Gods... our power! How dare they defy me! I shall turn them to powder and scatter the particles in dung!" she cursed, clenching a frightfully pale fist tightly.

"I will kill them all... I will prevail. I will." she finished, unclenching her fist, and seeing that blood trickled down her palm. It's warm feeling was proof of her determination. With a streak of swirling green light, the cuts were no more, and with lust, she licked the blood from her hand, overcome with the pure joy of it. Once she was done with the slightly frenzied deed, an echoing knock on the towering door released her from her trance-like state.

"Enter." Jarsha limped through, stuttering slightly as he went about introducing the guest.

"P-Please excuse my in-intrusion O' Great Empress, but the s-s-spy is h-here." he bowed low, until his grubby, smushed-in nose touched the stone floor.

"Send her in Jarsha, immediately!" she barked the command, making the small deformed demon jump. Running back through the doorway, he came back trailing a tall girl, beaten and weathered, but carrying herself proudly, with an air of confidence, if you daresay.

"Please, my Mistress, excuse my tardiness, for I have been most... denied a safe return home. My Lady, I beg your pardon for my appearance as well." she kneeled before her queen, silently praying that she would not be struck down for disobeying direct orders... despite the fact that it was clearly an accident.

"Rise, child. You have been excused, you have my pardon. I know of your hardships on the return... may I ask of you the beast or person that did this to your wings?"

"Yes, My Lady. 'Twas the humans in Growan, they refused to let me pass, and my needles had no decent effect. I had to kill them, the stubborn animals."

"True my child, very true. If you will, have a seat, and enlighten me... what of the village I asked you to seize."

"Yes My Lady, as you wish...."