Wicked

Dragonfruit

The very next night, Cynder and myself flew to the other side of the lake for the festival. We giggled as we went. I was bending water through the air, making it drop on the heads of male Faeries as they flew below us. Cursing at the two of us, they would speed ahead.

Once we touched back down to the mossy ground, we ran straight to the bowls of fruit on the oak tables. Cynder went for the Dragonfruit, while I grabbed a Waterlof.

Taking a huge bite from the luscious fruit, I gasped as cold water ran down my front. Cynder laughed, small bursts of flame erupting from her lips. A boy Faerie came over, and Cynder blushed profusely. I looked slyly between the two.

"Uh, hello Cynder, Arya." he nodded to us individually, Cynder flushed a darker red.

"Hello kind sir, and what might your name be?"

"Link. Cynder are you okay?" he asked. She was on the verge of going scarlet. She coughed heavily, and a load of flames erupted from her mouth, causing her to fall backward onto her bottom. I would blame the fruit, personally.

"Th-The Dragonfruit." she coughed, "It's ripe!"

"Yes, we just picked it before moonrise." He looked up, all three moons dazzled in the black sky. Cynder looked up too, and her face slowly went back to its regular hue. Link looked down at Cynder, who was still sitting down, and offered a hand. She took it.

"Would you walk with me?" he asked, his dark red eyes burned with sincerity. I smiled warmly, assuring her he was okay. They walked away, towards the lake. I ran to the other table and snatched up a fizzy drink that was calling my name.

____________________________________~ ♦ ~________________________________

After some of the dizziness began to wear off, I noticed Cynder was nowhere to be seen. I stumbled over to the lakeside, and saw them standing hand in hand. I smiled now entirely in control of my mind. We were close to leaving, and it pained me to do this to her. I called out,

"Come on Cynder! We're leaving soon!" They both looked in my direction and Link took her left hand in his two, kissing it lightly. She smiled and watched him fly off, over the lake to his home. Cynder came over and was silent with joy. I hugged her and she told me about all that happened. He sounded really sweet, and she likes him a lot.

We got back to the village, and we walked to our homes, the Sprites floating around, singing their silly drunken songs. Fate fell from the air, Cynder only just catching her. Waving me goodnight, she and Fate, me and Royal, we all fell asleep soundly that night, happy.