Wicked

Fire Fight

I was flying over the village, on my daily look out for Link since he last said those sweet nothings to me. It's been about seven sunrises, and I wanted to know if he was doing anything tonight. I was going to take him with me to a Star Dance.

I was looking through the trees when I see a Poison Faerie girl sneaking around the edges of the village. Poison Faeries are very, very rare in our village... and none of them... are my age. I flew lower, hovering above our borders... watching her. I saw her lips move, and the bushes ruffled. A boy Flame Faerie stepped out, his wild, jet black hair was a dead give away. Link.

I gasped and flew down lower, I had to find out what he was doing with her.

"Is she going to be a problem?"

"No way, I have her under control. This village is as good as gone!"

"Not gone you fool! Mine! I didn't dress up like an Earth Faerie to just see it fall to the ground! I came to claim this for my Queen, not destroy it!"

I was taken aback as I flew away. I had to tell our leader! I touched down, my bare little feet sprinting in long leaps on the mossy ground. I pushed past Faeries walking on the main road, they shouted and protested, some looked as though I had stabbed them. I finally reached The Menoa Tree in the center of our great village. I flew to the top branch-balcony and banged on the doors. Our village leader opened them, eyebrows raised and slightly mad with the sudden intrusion. His wings flapped impatiently, the green swirls looked like more eyes glaring at me.

"What is the meaning of this child? I'm extremely busy." he snapped. But I doubted that very highly, this was is room, not the Business Hall.

"There's... a Poison... Faerie...." I panted. catching more breath, I spoke in completely again.

"There's a Poison Faerie disguised as an Earth Faerie planning... to take over our village... and hand it over to her Queen! You have to hurry!"

He was clearly sorry for snapping at me. He grabbed my arm and dragged me through the halls of the tree-building. I flapped my wings, finally regretting the singed tip of my one wing as it began to sting. Wings don't heal quickly. The leader, who's name is Tank, ran to the top of the tree, and set the village's forces out to find the trespasser.

"Leader Tank, there's a traitor amongst the village. Link, a Flame boy. I know where they are! Let me direct them, I'll bring them both back here alive." Tank nodded. and set me loose. I climbed onto the balcony railing and jumped, spreading my wings and gaining speed as I flew in front of the small phalanx of Faeries.

"Follow me and I'm sure you'll get that promotion!" The phalanx nodded vigorously, and flew close behind me. I told them that ambush was the best way. They surrounded them and pounced.

The Poison girl shrieked and ran for it. Link flew up to where I waited.

"Cynder! Thank god you're here! There's a -- "

"Poison Faerie? Yeah I know. I'm in charge of those men down there chasing your girlfriend!"

"Hold on there, you've got it all wrong!"

"No. I don't believe I do! You got me out of the way so you and that tramp could take the village and give it to her Queen! I heard you! Don't you dare tell me I'm lying! Link, how could you?!"

"You were always nosy...."

"Damn it Link!" I threw an arc of fire his way, the very little distance between us. He screamed and shielded his face as my attack hit him head on. I gathered up another arc of flames, my fury building up. He threw back a ball of fire, I dodged, but it caught my already singed wing. I yelped in pain, I turned on him and conjured fire whips. I snapped them on his back and his wings, the incredicent blue and blood red turned black. He fell from the sky, I flew after him. I dare not even try to catch the heart breaker, he hurt me more than words can say.

I touched down, and kneeled close to him. Smirks on my lips, I whispered in his ear,

"Once, you've hurt me, you've nearly killed yourself." I stood up. The men had caught the girl, but a few of them had swollen arms, hands and legs. Poison needles. The men flew away, taking my traitor of a crush with them. I walked to a small stream, and sat on a big rock.

"Now I understand why they call them crushes... I'm in pieces over you."